Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Do you believe we are close? why or why not?

Staff this may not be the right forum for this thread if not feel free to move.

Last edited:

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,816.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
What we do seem to be close to, is the Sixth Seal world changer, the next prophesied event.
The Lord will instigate His great and terrible Day of the Lord's wrath, on His Appointed day. Which is likely to be the Day of Trumpets, a feast day awaiting fulfilment. The next Day of Trumpets is on the 21/22 September and it coincides with a remarkable heavenly sign, described in Revelation 12:1

However, there should be a few other signs before that Day, Elijah for example. Malachi 4:5

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
What we do seem to be close to, is the Sixth Seal world changer, the next prophesied event.
The Lord will instigate His great and terrible Day of the Lord's wrath, on His Appointed day. Which is likely to be the Day of Trumpets, a feast day awaiting fulfilment. The next Day of Trumpets is on the 21/22 September and it coincides with a remarkable heavenly sign, described in Revelation 12:1

However, there should be a few other signs before that Day, Elijah for example. Malachi 4:5
world changer?

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,816.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
world changer?
Read Revelation 6:12-17 about the forthcoming Day of the Lord's wrath. Also vividly described in more that 100 other prophesies in the Bible.
That Day will reset our civilization to a similar degree to Noah's flood. An attack on Israel, as described in Psalms 83 will trigger the Lords response.
Here is an article showing how close we are to that attack;
Throughout recorded history, religion has always been a source of conflict – often armed, deadly conflict. ‘Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction’ - Pascal.

Although deeply held religious beliefs drive conflict on every continent, currently it is militant Islam that poses the greatest threat. Islam’s very militancy makes it attractive to the downtrodden and those who perceive that they are marginalized in some way. It is the one religion that is prepared to fight. Deterrence doesn’t work against, say a group of Iranian mullahs, who decide that not only they, but all their countrymen can go to heaven if they launch a nuclear weapon against ‘the Great Satan’.

The situation in the Middle East is set to explode. Yet, even with all the warning signs present, most people blissfully continue to believe that peace will at last be attainable and no one will be foolish enough to start another war. Because now, both sides are nuclear armed, the results will be catastrophic for all. Unfortunately, the facts of history and the natures of the Islamic nations, makes the likelihood of eventual conflict almost certain.

In Muslim eschatology, Jesus will set things right at His Return. They say that He will end the ‘dhimmi status’ of non-muslims in Islamic societies, not by initiating a new era of equality and harmony, but by abolishing Christianity and imposing Islam upon everyone. As the hadith says; By Him in whose hands my soul is, surely the Son of Mary will soon descend amongst you and will judge mankind justly, He will break the Cross, kill the swine [Jews] and all will be taxed equally.

In the 10th century, the last Imam, according to Shiíte tradition, went into ‘ghaybah’ or hiding and is due to reappear after a period in which the Muslims ‘suffer great persecution and calamity’. Muhammad said that this 12th Imam- the Mahdi, will fill the earth with equity and justice, as it was filled with oppression and tyranny. For as long as this Imam remains hidden, the world is doomed to remain fallen. Shiítes are fixated on the end times, always looking out for the signs of the Mahdi’s return. This obsession shapes their life, culture and also their politics, as attested by their intransigent attitudes.

So, ‘destroying the world’ may be the prerequisite for making it ‘right’. Quote continued; ‘It will be a calamity of unprecedented severity. It will be so violent that the earth with injustice and corruption will shrivel for its inhabitants’.
It is not beyond the realms of possibility that Iran’s leaders are calculating that they can hasten the coming of the Mahdi by bringing about, what they would regard as oppression of the Muslims – oppression that would in reality be a defensive response to an Iranian attack.

We only need to look at Bible prophecy to see how it fits to the present situation, to see how likely it is, that we are now close to the time of the end of this age.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,147.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I believe in the seven churches as ages...

Ephesus - Messianic - Beginning with the Apostle to the Circumcision, Peter
Smyrna - Martyr - Beginning with the Apostle to the Un-Circumcision, Paul
Pergamos - Orthodoxy formed in this time... Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholicism formed in this time - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestantism formed in this time- A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Wesleyism formed in this time - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea - Charismatic movement formed in this time - Beginning with DL Moody, the first to make money off of ministry. We are in Laodicean times in which the love of many will go cold and there will be a great falling away...

2 Thessalonians 2:3
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
1. The Falling away - In Laodicea
2. The revealing of the Antichrist - I would say around 2050 AD - or about 30 years

When the revealing of the Antichrist is come I would look for the rapture of the saints. And 7 years later, the coming of Christ with his redeemed saints. I believe that Isaac Newton 2060 AD Christ return prediction was closest and to quote the guy...

“And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half.” –Daniel 12:7

From a folio cataloged as Yahuda MS 7.3g, f. 13v:

"So then the time times & half a time are 42 months or 1260 days or three years & an half, reckoning twelve months to a year & 30 days to a month as was done in the Calendar of the primitive year. And the days of short lived Beasts being put for the years of lived kingdoms, the period of 1260 days, if dated from the complete conquest of the three kings A.C. 800, will end A.C. 2060.”" - – Isaac Newton

As Charlemagne was crowned king on December 25, 800 by Pope Leo the III so the day of Christ's coming will be on Christmas Day, 2060. If the rapture of the saints (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17) occurs seven years before the time of Christ’s coming the date of the rapture 12.25 2053. However… Isaac Newton notes…

“"It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner. This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fancifull men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, & by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail. Christ comes as a thief in the night, & it is not for us to know the times & seasons which God hath put into his own breast." –- Isaac Newton

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,147.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. - Acts 1

I would hope that anyone who answers this thread will admit, including me, that this is our best bet as far as what we know, and that we all can be in error as far as date predictions. And to re-quote Isaac Newton...

“"It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner. This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fancifull men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, & by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail. Christ comes as a thief in the night, & it is not for us to know the times & seasons which God hath put into his own breast." –- Isaac Newton

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

How close we may be is less important for the believer than the urgent need to keep 'looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith' (Hebrews 12.2), and to keep His coming for His redeemed ones in view (1 Thess 4.16.18); (John 14.3); it's good also never to become absorbed with gloom of an ever apostatizing world.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Your in the right place, here's the thing, we have been on the brink of the tribulation since sometime in the first century. When the Messiah came and was crucified, the kingdom was supposed to be established world wide 7 years later. Israel rejects the Messiah so the last seven years, we have come to call the tribulation period, was suspended indefinitely. The tribulation begins because the Lamb (Jesus obviously) starts opening a scroll with seven seals. Official documents were rolled up and sealed with with the royal signet, some kind of a stamp or ring. It's like a title deed of the earth and it's in a kind of spiritual escrow until the seals start being opened.

We don't know what triggers the opening of the seals but what we do know is what happens when they start being opened. Israel being back in the land is an obvious precursor, theologians have called it the budding of the fig tree. The rise of globalism is thought to be a precursor, since this Antichrist guy will head up a world conquest, ruthlessly and mercilessly destroying all who stand in his way.

There might be some things going on that look like a revived Roman empire, it's just not something you can nail down. What I think, and mind you this is a personal opinion, is that there will be a revival of some kind and it will be global in it's scope. Persecution will break out but not after the entire world hears the gospel. In defiance of the kingdom of heaven the Antichrist will rise up and challenge the authority of God himself, convincing his followers the can win even a war with God. He will exalt himself against everything called 'god' and speak unheard of blasphemies.

When Christ returns it's over in an instant and the Antichrist and the False Prophet are cast into the lake of fire bodily. The church is raised and there is a thousand years of the earth being, for lack of a better word, paradise. The Devil is bound up this entire time but is released for a short time, next thing you know the world is moving against the New Jerusalem, that's the time of final judgment and the new heavens and new earth are created to be perfect and permanent.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
We don't know what triggers the opening of the seals but what we do know is what happens when they start being opened. Israel being back in the land is an obvious precursor, theologians have called it the budding of the fig tree. next thing you know the world is moving against the New Jerusalem, that's the time of final judgment and the new heavens and new earth are created to be perfect and permanent. Grace and peace, Mark
Yes but we do know what has to happen first when Syria, Lebonon, Libia, Irac, join hands with Russia and attack Israel, then Christ will crush all governments even our evil USA and replace them with God's Kingdom.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian

I believe we are probably pretty close.

I'm not going to tell you why.

If I tell you, I have to tell everyone.

Plus it takes too long, there's too much typing involved.

I wonder why are you asking now?

I remember seeing you post on political threads.

Now you're an ambassador.

This could be a trick, you could be luring a date setter into a trap.

Are you wondering how the current political status quo could possibly ever change into a one world government?

So I did anyway, I wrote three paragraphs.

Then I let it sit while I went on a bicycle ride, came back and made a campfire, flew my drone around and then applied for my plate sticker online.

Whatever I was talking about didn't look too good to me anyway so I did a select and cut job on it.

What do you think anyways?

Are we close to the one world government and the mark of the beast?

Are you worried about it?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I believe we are probably pretty close.

I'm not going to tell you why.

If I tell you, I have to tell everyone.

Plus it takes too long, there's too much typing involved.

I wonder why are you asking now?

I remember seeing you post on political threads.

Now you're an ambassador.

This could be a trick, you could be luring a date setter into a trap.

Are you wondering how the current political status quo could possibly ever change into a one world government?

So I did anyway, I wrote three paragraphs.

Then I let it sit while I went on a bicycle ride, came back and made a campfire, flew my drone around and then applied for my plate sticker online.

Whatever I was talking about didn't look too good to me anyway so I did a select and cut job on it.

What do you think anyways?

Are we close to the one world government and the mark of the beast?

Are you worried about it?
A story I saw on Face Book gave me this idea. It involved a company supposedly implanting a chip to allow their employees to buy food from the vending machines. Several people were claiming that this was the mark of the beast and that the one world government was coming ( in other stories I saw this as well. I PERSONALLY do not believe the one world government is coming as soon as some claim. The reason I believe this is because if ANYTHING this world appears to be becoming MORE divided there is the Britexit along with several other movements to try to become independent on the part of various nations and states. As it related to the chip while I personally would not take it I was wondering how people thought that a single company in a single state allowing people to VOLUNTARY summit to the chip would mean anything. I am not claiming to KNOW I am right, nor am I claiming that there will NEVER be a one world government. I am only saying that it would seem logical that to form a one-world government nations wold be beginning to MERGE together not become more divided as they currently seem to be.

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
A story I saw on Face Book gave me this idea. It involved a company supposedly implanting a chip to allow their employees to buy food from the vending machines. Several people were claiming that this was the mark of the beast and that the one world government was coming ( in other stories I saw this as well.

Yes I think I remember hearing something about a company that would pay for it's employees to have the chip put in. It was a fair amount of money, like 300 bucks I think. I'd get one IF it was free, AND if I could use it in other places. Like the at the gas station or grocery store or for purchases anywhere. Imagine never having to worry about fumbling through your wallet for a card. Imagine never having to worry about loosing or misplacing a card. I could be a salesman for the "chip". Because the chip is not going to be the mark of the beast.

I PERSONALLY do not believe the one world government is coming as soon as some claim. The reason I believe this is because if ANYTHING this world appears to be becoming MORE divided there is the Britexit along with several other movements to try to become independent on the part of various nations and states. As it related to the chip while I personally would not take it I was wondering how people thought that a single company in a single state allowing people to VOLUNTARY summit to the chip would mean anything. I am not claiming to KNOW I am right, nor am I claiming that there will NEVER be a one world government. I am only saying that it would seem logical that to form a one-world government nations wold be beginning to MERGE together not become more divided as they currently seem to be.

You're right. Brexit is a great example. The world is a very divided place. More than 200 very diverse nations. They are never going to naturally evolve over any amount of time into the ten toes of Daniel's metal man. No united nations or economic collapse will be able to do the job either. We're not going to see this coming on Fox News or CNN. There's going to have to be a catalyst of Biblical proportions. Some extreme external event will eventually take place that will precipitate the change virtually overnight. And it's going to come like a snare, like a trap, on all the inhabitants of the whole world. It's the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world, to try those who dwell on the earth.

Try this as a scenario. This is a plot from a 1959 novel.

"Alas Babylon"

Colonel Mark Bragg, an Air Force Intelligence officer, sends a telegram ending in the words, "Alas, Babylon", a pre-established code between the brothers - a reference to the book of Revelation 18:10, and a warning of impending disaster.
Soon afterward, an American fighter pilot, attempting to intercept an enemy plane over the Mediterranean, inadvertently fires an AIM-9 Sidewinder heat-seeking missile that goes off course and hits an ammunition depot in Latakia, Syria, resulting in a large explosion.

This event becomes the apparent excuse for the Soviet Union to launch a nuclear strike against the United States and its allies. The following morning, Soviet missiles are fired over the Arctic, as well as from submarines. American missiles are sent in response. Randy and his guests awake to the shaking from the bombing of nearby air force bases and naval air stations; one explosion temporarily blinds Peyton, Randy's niece.

At first, things are chaotic: tourists are trapped in their hotels, communication lines fail to work, the use of the CONELRAD radio system exposes its weaknesses, convicts escape from prisons and a run on the banks results in all of the banks closing. Randy organizes his neighbors to provide housing, food, and water for themselves.

As the months wear on, news trickles in by radio. Most of the government, on both sides, has been eliminated.

Alas, Babylon - Wikipedia

It would be similar to this. Everything happens overnight, within a span of 3 months. But it's not nukes or world war that causes this. And it's not an economic collapse. All we've got to do is to replace all of these nukes with just four little angels, they are the catalyst for all of the unfathomable end time events. In the Revelation apocalypse scenario, there are four angels, locked and loaded, ready to harm the earth. They had been given four trumpets but they were told to wait.

Paul said that we are not appointed to wrath. He wasn't talking about the trumpets. He was talking about the final wrath on Judgement Day. God has different kinds of wrath. The first four trumpets only destroy a "third". But that's enough to cause men's hearts to fail them for fear of what's coming on the world. Most cities will be hit the hardest, but the capital cities that passed the transgressive laws will be leveled. This is how the one world government comes to power.

As the days of panic ensue, news trickles in by radio. Governments from around the world are eliminated. By the time of the fourth trumpet, survivors from around the world will know that the God of the Bible is back. Worship will become the number one news story all around the world, the Gospel of the Kingdom will be preached. Ten emergency rulers will quickly be appointed and will collaborate with the world's religious groups in an attempt to appease God in the hopes that His Judgements will stop. Their ill fated plan will be recognized by God's people as the mark of the beast.

10-regions.gif

"The fourth angel blew his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, and a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of their light might be darkened, and a third of the day might be kept from shining, and likewise a third of the night.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes but we do know what has to happen first when Syria, Lebonon, Libia, Irac, join hands with Russia and attack Israel,

When you say "Israel" in this case, do you mean the modern state created by the Rothschilds?

Rev 2:9  "I know your works, tribulation, and poverty (but you are rich); and I know the blasphemy of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan. 

Rev 3:9  Indeed I will make those of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not, but lie—indeed I will make them come and worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you.

Rev 11:8  And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. 

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
When you say "Israel" in this case, do you mean the modern state created by the Rothschilds?
Rev 11:8  And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
Exactly, todays Israel which will be replaced by the overthrow of Christ, along with all the other nations that are the wicked oppressors of the coming Kingdom and think they are better than the knowledge of our Lord and have refused to obey him. 2 CO 4:3

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Exactly, todays Israel which will be replaced by the overthrow of Christ, along with all the other nations that are the wicked oppressors of the coming Kingdom and think they are better than the knowledge of our Lord and have refused to obey him. 2 CO 4:3

Many modern Christians have no idea about what goes on in Israel today.

They do not seem to notice the Baal worshippers.

Upvote 0

VARZR

Apr 16, 2017
Virginia
✟20,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I think we are indeed close to the one world government with Jesus ruling the Earth.

I don't think the antichrist will ever have world domination. He will have regional power and occupy Jerusalem but the Bible states he will be at war until the end. Someone with absolute dominion doesn't have anyone to fight.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think we are indeed close to the one world government with Jesus ruling the Earth.

I don't think the antichrist will ever have world domination. He will have regional power and occupy Jerusalem but the Bible states he will be at war until the end. Someone with absolute dominion doesn't have anyone to fight.

Some of the richest and most powerful people on the planet have been working many years to bring about a system of global government.
The Rothschild family has been one of the main forces in this effort.
This fact cannot be denied.

Upvote 0