Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It has come to my attention that privatizations (divisions (2 Peter1:20)) of Christian organizations whom stake a considerable part of their composure on the historical transference of tradition of church oversight and many assorted forms of adherence isn’t as sure as some think trustworthy.

Please re-evaluate if you will,

28“Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. 29“I know that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; 30 and from among your own selves men will arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after them. 31“Therefore be on the alert, remembering that night and day for a period of three years I did not cease to admonish each one with tears. 32“And now I commend you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and to give you the inheritance among all those who are sanctified. 33“I have coveted no one’s silver or gold or clothes. 34“You yourselves know that these hands ministered to my own needs and to the men who were with me. 35“In everything I showed you that by working hard in this manner you must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He Himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”

(Acts 20)

18“I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it. 19“I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven.”

(Matthew 18)​

The infallible description the Lord gave “the gates of hell shall not prevail against my Church”(KJV) is the same Church the Apostle told us to be on the guard for, for what will soon transpire after his departure!

Surely, at one time or another we must have had some inner questioning for that level of enduring damage? But the question of extent could be asked from both ends. . the damage on oversight and tradition specific to that time, and the damage to the record that also gives perpetual impact towards the current Church.

Then again, we know one thing stands in the way of the worst of the worst of either of those, though the Spirit handed us that careful admonishing;

So shall my word be that goes forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

(Isaiah 55:11)​

Both of the above, to “guard” and defend “against” the entire foe’s work we are still advised but have likely sustained what the Spirit described as having come to this one point; “not sparing the flock” isn’t something we wish to relish, but also isn’t a remark we should count as vanity, coming from the Spirit. This also includes ignoring it.

So, I suppose that leaves the possibility very sure, the record sustained the Serpent’s damage, somewhere, however short of overcoming the Savior’s Church. Such error walked, we know while the Apostles themselves cared for the Church, so, short of staking abundant confidence alerts concern in us now for verifying sequential reports that might have affected that flock, but more so us. This of course would be non-Biblical reports or traditions, reputations if they exist.

With that being said, if the “righteous acts” of the growing Church, (Rev 9:8) will “prosper”, I’m not suggesting abandoning either, (how foolish) nor saying either has but contemplating a shift. Isn’t it a question raised for we who remain regarding what might be relied on more; the “tradition”, or the “press” ahead?

In other words, doesn’t the press of faith, rather than the vision of tradition constitute gaining more for those future glories for her than the pattern currently so firmly known? Could that alone be improved upon?

The one tradition to keep doesn’t act alone, because I DO HAVE NEED OF YOU!

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
It has come to my attention that privatizations (divisions (2 Peter1:20)) of Christian organizations whom stake a considerable part of their composure on the historical transference of tradition of church oversight and many assorted forms of adherence isn’t as sure as some think trustworthy.

28“Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. 29“I know that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; 30 and from among your own selves men will arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after them. 31“Therefore be on the alert, remembering that night and day for a period of three years I did not cease to admonish each one with tears. 32“And now I commend you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and to give you the inheritance among all those who are sanctified. 33“I have coveted no one’s silver or gold or clothes. 34“You yourselves know that these hands ministered to my own needs and to the men who were with me. 35“In everything I showed you that by working hard in this manner you must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He Himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”

(Acts 20)

18“I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it. 19“I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven.”

(Matthew 18)​

The infallible description the Lord gave “the gates of hell shall not prevail against my Church”(KJV) is the same Church the Apostle told us to be on the guard for, for what will soon transpire after his departure!

Surely, at one time or another we must have had some inner questioning for that level of enduring damage? But the question of extent could be asked from both ends. . the damage on oversight and tradition specific to that time, and the damage to the record that also gives perpetual impact towards the current Church.

Then again, we know one thing stands in the way of the worst of the worst of either of those, though the Spirit handed us that careful admonishing;

So shall my word be that goes forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

Both of the above, to “guard” and defend “against” the entire foe’s work we are still advised but have likely sustained what the Spirit described as having come to this one point; “not sparing the flock” isn’t something we wish to relish, but also isn’t a remark we should count as vanity, coming from the Spirit. This also includes ignoring it.

So, I suppose that leaves the possibility very sure, the record sustained the Serpent’s damage, somewhere, however short of overcoming the Savior’s Church. Such error walked, we know while the Apostles themselves cared for the Church, so, short of staking abundant confidence alerts concern in us now for verifying sequential reports that might have affected that flock, but more so us. This of course would be non-Biblical reports or traditions, reputations if they exist.

With that being said, if the “righteous acts” of the growing Church, (Rev 9:8) will “prosper”, I’m not suggesting abandoning either, (how foolish) nor saying either has but contemplating a shift. Isn’t it a question raised for we who remain regarding what might be relied on more; the “tradition”, or the “press” ahead?

In other words, doesn’t the press of faith, rather than the vision of tradition constitute gaining more for those future glories for her than the pattern currently so firmly known? Could that alone be improved upon?

Thankyou,'rocknanchor',a well written,challenging post. 'Keep us true,Lord Jesus'.

Upvote 0

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
between the pages of the Bible.
Visit site
✟192,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

(Acts 20)

(Matthew 18)​

Praise God for His holy word, His truth, His love, His justice, His mercy, His saving grace. In Christ we are able. (Philippians 4:13 ) ... For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. (Ephesians 2:18)

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟987,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Too-too many times to count as that which constitutes a poor reflection on the Spirit of unity. Many of our own acquaintances from those many expressions (denoms.) of Christ would most assuredly, by their works, insert in the very word of God "tradition" where the Spirit of unity testified from the very moment it proceeded from the Saviors lips.

That is that which has come to my attention, , to slap the Spirit of unity across the face while knowing this and turn again to their 'beloved' tradition. The perfect stench before God!

• Prayers
Reactions: Pilgrim
Upvote 0