Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What's not to love about this beloved freezer food?

While filling your pantry with all kinds of healthy staples is a smart thing to do, your freezer can also be your secret weapon for storing healthy foods that would otherwise go bad in the fridge. From easy frozen dinners to simply stocking up on lean proteins, veggies, and fruits, your freezer can be a one-stop-shop for making a healthy meal every single night. If you're looking to stock up on healthy freezer foods for the first time, there's one frozen item in particular that you should reach for first, and that's a bag of frozen raspberries.

Here's why a bag of frozen raspberries should have a permanent spot in your freezer at home, and for even more healthy eating tips, be sure to check out our list of The 7 Healthiest Foods to Eat Right Now.

Raspberries have many health benefits.

First, raspberries are one of the healthiest fruits you can have due to the amount of dietary fiber it contains. One cup of raspberries contains 8 grams of fiber—which is 32% of the daily value you need. The American Heart Association (AHA) recommends you consume between 25 to 30 grams of fiber a day, which is a lot more than the average of 10 to 15 grams Americans usually consume. By adding raspberries to your diet, you're easily increasing your fiber intake with minimal effort.

Continued below.
The One Frozen Food You Should Always Have In Your Freezer | Eat This Not That

Shane R

Priest
Site Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Southeast Ohio
✟565,348.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
The one frozen food I always have is peas.

I was very glad when I bought my house to have plenty of extra space in the garage. I combed Craigslist for a couple of weeks and before long a chest freezer popped up for cheap. One of the benefits of living near half a dozen military installations is that there are always people moving and trying to sell some of their stuff. The chest freezer stays full of meats and seafood. The freezer drawer under the fridge has all of the vegetables and quick foods.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0