Oct 20, 2015
✟171,835.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In Leviticus it talks about certain sins that were worthy of death. If you read Leviticus it will talk about sins that people would be put to death if they commit. I don't know if I made sense what I just said. LOL
Don't forget God killed people in the NT too (Acts 5:5, Acts 5:10)

Upvote 0

chuckpeterson

Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2018
texas
✟134,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
28Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.

People speak highly of Moses and I don’t know why----

And it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown, that he went out to his brothers, and looked on their burdens: and he spied an Egyptian smiting an Hebrew, one of his brothers. And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand. And when he went out the second day, behold, two men of the Hebrews strove together: and he said to him that did the wrong, Why smite you your fellow?

Now when Pharaoh heard this thing, he sought to slay Moses. But Moses fled (exodus) from the face of Pharaoh, and dwelled in the land of Midian: and he sat down by a well. Moses and all the others flee Egypt and are scattered throughout the land.
I believe the above is the beginning of exodus
Moses murders a man in the street in front of everyone and it was Moses who told his followers to mark their doors and hide inside while Moses’ minions go on a rampage murdering and murdering.

They now celebrate that horrible night as “Passover”.

Not tell me where I got this wrong
I want to be wrong
help me
prove me wrong​

Upvote 0

chuckpeterson

Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2018
texas
✟134,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Don't forget God killed people in the NT too (Acts 5:5, Acts 5:10)

I tried to find the verses you reference and came up empty handed.

Please show me a verse, any verse that states God killed anyone. Now I am not asking for a reference to the verse, I want you to cut and paste those verses here.

Thanks in advance

Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
People speak highly of Moses and I don’t know why----

And it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown, that he went out to his brothers, and looked on their burdens: and he spied an Egyptian smiting an Hebrew, one of his brothers. And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand. And when he went out the second day, behold, two men of the Hebrews strove together: and he said to him that did the wrong, Why smite you your fellow?

Now when Pharaoh heard this thing, he sought to slay Moses. But Moses fled (exodus) from the face of Pharaoh, and dwelled in the land of Midian: and he sat down by a well. Moses and all the others flee Egypt and are scattered throughout the land.
I believe the above is the beginning of exodus
Moses murders a man in the street in front of everyone and it was Moses who told his followers to mark their doors and hide inside while Moses’ minions go on a rampage murdering and murdering.

Not tell me where I got this wrong
I want to be wrong
help me
prove me wrong​
Humanism has many disguises ..the worst of which is religious . What would the world look like if Moses'minions ( your word , not mine ) had been allowed to replicate ? You and I may not even have existed..nor the world lasted long enough to seek forgiveness . I wonder if the cancer thinks of the doctor as a murderous fiend as I am sure he is to a cancer cell ( who just wants to replicate ) ..I am not justifying Moses but I am not righteous enough to condemn him ..Moses left a very cushy life behind to go with the children of Israel... No , God has a plan and it does not need to include any more humans ...particularly the proud .

Upvote 0

chuckpeterson

Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2018
texas
✟134,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Humanism has many disguises ..

I am hoping you intended your post to be one of humor where in the end one smiles with a little humorous laugh because that is what happened to me lol

btw: my father died from cancer so I got that part too

Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

You believe that Moses was the head of a murderous cult?

The Pharoah and his officials were heavily guarded and yet they managed to kill only the 1st borns and not Pharoah and the officials and yet we see no reprisal from Pharoah or his officials or his armed forces and neither did Moses according to you finish them off, but comes to Pharoah asking him to let his people go and Pharoah obliges in a peaceful way, allowing them to go off in peace, without waging a war on Moses and the Israelites right there and then.

Come on! Please.

You stated...

"Horrible night as Passover"

The Lamb of God Jesus Christ is the Passover!

Moses and the plight of the Israelites was only a shadow of the Passover Lamb of God, his 1st Born being crucified for the sins of humanity.

As to this alleged rampage that you concocted, I will only opine as follows.....

If Satan himself wanted to become a Christian, God will still execute him anyway, along with his kindred and God will treat them like the 1st borns of Egypt.

The enemy cannot hide behind the Cross of Christ Jesus! especially in The Times we are living in.

The Times of the Tares hiding amongst the Wheat is coming to an end. These Tares will be removed by the Breath of Christ's Mouth.

The Times of the separation of the Tares from amongst the Wheat.

Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I am hoping you intended your post to be one of humor where in the end one smiles with a little humorous laugh because that is what happened to me lol

btw: my father died from cancer so I got that part too
Brother , my point was anything but humorous. I would say most of us have intimate knowledge of the many diseases ( and wars and other ) which have taken those we love away . ..as regarding cancer ...the doctor does all they are able to save the body ...removing cancerous cells before they multiple ...Is God not allowed to do this ? My point was in answer to your questioning of God's wisdom in striking down the first born in Egypt ( which you call a murderous rampage ) .. A small thing like Henry the 8th divorcing his wife which caused a split from the catholic church and changed history ...History was also changed by the passover ( which as you are aware is a shadow of Christ ) History was changed through the events as recorded in the book of Ester...
Brother , I do not know if it is wise for us to make accusations against Moses and certainly not against God .....

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The nature of God does not change, but human understanding of Him changes. There was once a time when ancient people thought that death was an acceptable penalty for any of a number of things, including homosexuality, because they thought God was commanding them to do so.

Was He? I'm not so sure. It's very easy to assume that you're "just doing God's work" because "He speaks through you". That doesn't mean you are doing God's work.

To put more of a fine point on it: I don't think it is God's plan for homosexuals or any other sinners to be executed, because we are told "thou shalt not kill". There are no exceptions given to that rule.
Ringo

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
It is sin that kills, misleads, deceives, and brings about diseases. It warps the mind, disables the body, and messes with the emotions. The truth shall set you free. Pray the Lord opens up the attic of your mind, cleans out the cobwebs and comes to dwell.

• Agree
Reactions: NeedyFollower
Upvote 0