Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Have you ever wondered what happens to those aged minds that have labored so thoroughly for the Lord? You know, those still somewhat active for the Lord but really fully convinced after all the refinement has taken its course, has come to understand those things that make those twilight years more meaningful. Got a story, would love to hear it? Thanks for looking!

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
One mid-eighties gentleman I encountered was an old Pentecostal preacher. He went to my Church in OKCity before employment relocated me. He had stories of refurbishing Churches and pews. But one thing that caught me by a different method was his morning devotion.

I believe he said every morning about 5-oclock, before getting dressed would wrap himself in a sheet and praise the Lord in dance and march with the curtains wide-open. He would make light of what the neighbors thought of him, Ha!

On the more decent side of that character of a brother was the fact of him being so well spoken when interpretations came forth for a few thousand. Quite a treat!

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I am thinking of an elderly Christian gentleman,who was 93 years young when I first met him and looked after the church gardens,where I was a young believer. He was still preaching in the open air and distributing helpful Christian leaflets. I used to help him and he taught me a lot about witnessing for Jesus,by example,as well as theory. We can learn so much from our older brothers and sisters.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What a great idea for a thread,'rocknanchor'
Ohh thank you Quietbloke!
I used to help him and he taught me a lot about witnessing for Jesus,by example,as well as theory.
Whoa, now we're talking. I know, there is likely much the elders love to exercise in ministering, but by it becoming second nature might not think it too important or even worth mentioning.
I shall think about it as I sleep.
Oh my yes, Sir, anything at all, please help yourself to a double-portion of liberty here:)

Among those certain things I would like to ask those whom we have reason to take note of is any formidable life-changers that have occurred along the way, including, but not limited to; what it is that brought a more lasting presence of His joy?

We all love those literary works of the greats, but the entrance of this quality of knowledge and experience might have quite an edge on the fray.

May we extend a most heart-felt welcome and blessing to all our elders of the body of Christ!!

Are we ever fortunate and glad you're there!!!

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
One of my old pastors was blind and when I went to visit him at his home he was out on the front garden and another elderly minister was with him. The minister had his arm down a drain cleaning it out. That was a great sermon he preached to us that day!

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
We went to visit a wonderful sister in the LORD today,now in her 8O's but still 'on fire'. She was a missionary to Romania and what an inspiration she is to all. So good to share fellowship.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We went to visit a wonderful sister in the LORD today,now in her 8O's but still 'on fire'. She was a missionary to Romania and what an inspiration she is to all. So good to share fellowship.
Amen! As I tend to make the point, "silence", is not the scepter of a woman's power!

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Another wonderful sister in her 80's used to come to the meetings regularly,years ago. She suffered from painful arthritis and we had to carry her down the stairs of her flat into the minibus,but she never complained. She was a saint!

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I pray for Billy Graham, that he will feel those everlasting arms of the Lord around him.

I thank God for a dear elderly, Christian sister at my old church, 90+ years old, very small and stooped, but never complaining, in fact she always is full of words of encouragement for everyone. One day I wondered why she wasn't in her usual pew, then looked round and there she was on her hands and knees, with rubber gloves on, mopping up something spilt on the floor. She is still mobile, and being taken to Church and watched over by her dear 'young' friend.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
My old Pastor used to get up about this time to pray anyway!
...I do sometimes (when I can't sleep) not quite the same...and I go back to bed after an hour...

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
My old Pastor wasn't perfect and neither are any of us,but we knew he loved us and he worked hard among us and got us to work hard for others too! God bless His servants who serve faithfully.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The old man David said,'The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD and He delights in his way. Though he fall he shall not be utterly cast down for the LORD upholds him with His hand. I have been young and now am old,yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken,nor his descendants begging bread...' (Psalms 37:23-24)

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Another old preacher Solomon said,'Rejoice,O young man in your youth and let your heart cheer you in the days of your youth. Walk in the ways of your heart and in the sight of your eyes,but know that for all these,God will bring you to judgement' (Ecclesiastes 11:9)

• Informative
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0