Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello you, when was the last time you happen to have read, Colossians Chapter 3?

You should if you have not in a while for it has very useful information with in the context that is being given, which goes along with how we are to Love God, and how we are able to Love our neighbor.

Have you ever lied, been angry, even at your own brother in the Lord Jesus Christ? It has been pointed out in the context of my own life, that my flesh sometimes gets the best of me compared to the spirit who allows heavenly things to unfold with-in my life. Compared to my flesh, which lies, seeks at lusting, even evil desires if it is not being tamed by the spirit.

You should give this a read if you have not in awhile, and hopefully it helps you in your daily walk with God, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

What do you think about the old nature, compared to the new?

Is it a better way to live? Or is a worse way to live? You have to make that decision for yourself, and hopefully God will help you over come whatever it is your facing in your life.

Forgive others... Make allowance for their faults, because we are all faulty in this life, and it is not easy for everyone. Some have it more difficult than others, so be kind, and forgiving, even to unbelievers, or believers who see things different than you!

Be blessed.

Colossians 3

1 Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven
, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God’s right hand.

2 Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth.

3 For you died to this life, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 And when Christ, who is your life, is revealed to the whole world, you will share in all his glory.

5 So put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you. Have nothing to do with sexual immorality, impurity, lust, and evil desires. Don’t be greedy, for a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world.

6 Because of these sins, the anger of God is coming. 7 You used to do these things when your life was still part of this world.

8 But now is the time to get rid of anger, rage, malicious behavior, slander, and dirty language.

9 Don’t lie to each other, for you have stripped off your old sinful nature and all its wicked deeds.

10 Put on your new nature, and be renewed as you learn to know your Creator and become like him. 11 In this new life, it doesn’t matter if you are a Jew or a Gentile, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbaric, uncivilized, slave, or free. Christ is all that matters, and he lives in all of us.

12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

13 Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.

14 Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony.

15 And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.

16 Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts.

17 And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father.​

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That was the 1st chapter I memorized in the 80's. It was my favorite chapter which was why I wanted to memorize it as it summarizes the entire Christian life and our relationships with everyone both inside and outside the church.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i think the new nature is heaps better than the old nature, no comparison really.

In the old we constantly crave after the things we want, we constantly burn our ego when people go against us or expose our wrongs, Our old nature is constantly busy with itself and has no time for anyone else. The worst is that my old nature is enmity against God and never seeks to do what is right and I have no patience or endurance and when suffering comes my way i wallow in self pity, blame and judge others and am overcome by worry and anxiety.

While life in the Spirit is peaceful, joyful, restful, loving, kind, gentle, self controlled, long suffering, enduring, persistent, patient and fearless. The best thing of the Spirit is that we live life innocently of wrong, serving God lovingly wherever we go, and loving our neighbours uprightly. Seeking to safe them instead of judge them. Also in the Holy Spirit we seek to establish the truth of God whenever we can and oppose all lies and untruth.

Peace.

Reactions: mlepfitjw
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I find Colossians 3 to be very good. I have been memorizing verses in it, in Spanish, so I can have good things to share with Hispanic people.

Having the new nature is very beneficial, because it includes sharing with God in the character of His love, so we can relate well with Him and one another as His family. And His character makes us like Jesus so we can be pleasing to our Father like Jesus.

• Prayers
Reactions: mlepfitjw
Upvote 0