The official present position of the US government is that JFK was killed by a conspiracy

rawo

Jun 4, 2015
✟21,492.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
So why do people not believe that Las Vegas, 9/11, others could not be conspiracies of Deep State to drive us into an agenda, like Iraq invasion, gun grab? JFK was going to pull out of Vietnam and the Cold War, making a lot of people very angry.

It is as clear as day and unequivocal: The 1976 House Select Committee on Assassinations concluded, QUOTE: "The committee believes, on the basis of the evidence available to it, that President John F. Kennedy was probably assassinated as a result of a conspiracy."

Summary of Findings

RFK Junior, Bobby's son, once told Charlie Rose he thought it was "Rogue CIA" which murdered his uncle, but not the organization as a whole. Of course old Charlie quickly pretended he didn't hear that.

RFK on Charlie Rose:

Remembering RFK - Charlie Rose

• Agree
Reactions: Doctor.Sphinx

Doctor.Sphinx

Dec 10, 2017
De Nile
✟20,762.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
It's also easier and more attractive to believe that a conspiracy killed JFK, than to admit that someone as mediocre as Lee Harvey Oswald was responsible.
Isn't believing Lee Harvey Oswald killed JFK akin to believing that bearded dude on dialysis living in a cave in Afghanistan masterminded the controlled demolition of 3 buildings in one of the most populated states within the most powerful nation on Earth, using nothing more than cutlery and an indestructible passport or two?

Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

Snappy1

Feb 19, 2018
Arkansas
✟30,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
What Trump voters?
If we limited the Trump voters to one area of the site there wouldn't be a site. Thankfully, we allow them to be just a little bit racist, xenophobic, bigoted, paranoid, and just generally awful around the whole site. No the really crazy ones have to go to the Conspiracy Forums. The area that is literally so crazy it had to be moved out of discussion and debate because those concepts were too challenging.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟231,047.00
Faith
Christian
Isn't believing Lee Harvey Oswald killed JFK akin to believing that bearded dude on dialysis living in a cave in Afghanistan masterminded the controlled demolition of 3 buildings in one of the most populated states within the most powerful nation on Earth, using nothing more than cutlery and an indestructible passport or two?

Better than believing in a fake conspiracy involving thousands of people including ridiculous claims like fake airliners, missiles fired at the pentagon, and a bunch of invisible ninjas fitting out a building with demolition charges

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rawo

Jun 4, 2015
✟21,492.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
It's also easier and more attractive to believe that a conspiracy killed JFK, than to admit that someone as mediocre as Lee Harvey Oswald was responsible.

Yep US House of Representatives bi-partisan Select Committee with full investigatory and subpoena powers, just a bunch of conspiracy nutters.

• Agree
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yep US House of Representatives bi-partisan Select Committee with full investigatory and subpoena powers, just a bunch of conspiracy nutters.
I don't disagree with your views/implied views; they did and do have considerable investigative powers.

As I recall, the conclusion was that it 'probably' happened as a result of a 'conspiracy'. But no details of this probably conspiracy were unearthed, i.e., specifically who conspired? and when and how?

This leaves the assumption that whatever powers they had in investigating, the influential people supposedly/presumably behind the conspiracy within the US government were even more powerful in keeping the details from coming to light. So it was tantamount to saying: "Hey, we believe it was a conspiracy, but we in the official legislative branch of government are not powerful enough to get the facts."

• Agree
Upvote 0

rawo

Jun 4, 2015
✟21,492.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I don't disagree with your views/implied views; they did and do have considerable investigative powers.

As I recall, the conclusion was that it 'probably' happened as a result of a 'conspiracy'. But no details of this probably conspiracy were unearthed, i.e., specifically who conspired? and when and how?

This leaves the assumption that whatever powers they had in investigating, the influential people supposedly/presumably behind the conspiracy within the US government were even more powerful in keeping the details from coming to light. So it was tantamount to saying: "Hey, we believe it was a conspiracy, but we in the official legislative branch of government are not powerful enough to get the facts."

I've got no problem with that conclusion. The real story to me is how "conspiracy theories" disbelieving the official government stories are constantly mocked, when the US Congress itself believes the JFK murder was a conspiracy. If that was a conspiracy, than so could be 9/11, Las Vegas etc.

But I also think that if people know how evil the powers running the real government are, most people would have a nervous breakdown. We have become a weak culture sheep afraid of truth, nothing like our forefathers who stormed the beaches of Normandy.

Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
MOD HAT ON

262241_97344f3feba7d2020816cbb9e9ef87d8.jpeg

This Thread
has been moved
From
News & Current Events

To

Conspiracy Theories
as

This is a

More Appropriate Forum
For this Subject

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If we limited the Trump voters to one area of the site there wouldn't be a site. Thankfully, we allow them to be just a little bit racist, xenophobic, bigoted, paranoid, and just generally awful around the whole site. No the really crazy ones have to go to the Conspiracy Forums. The area that is literally so crazy it had to be moved out of discussion and debate because those concepts were too challenging.
So...... why are you here?

EDIT: I see... I guess this was not originally in the "conspiracy theory" section.
My apologies

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Snappy1

Feb 19, 2018
Arkansas
✟30,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
So...... why are you here?
Because this thread was originally in the News and Current Events section. There's literally a Mod Post explaining that, with pictures and everything. See, this is what I meant by too challenging.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Because this thread was originally in the News and Current Events section. There's literally a Mod Post explaining that, with pictures and everything. See, this is what I meant by too challenging.
My apologies.... saw that after I posted...

Upvote 0

goldenboy

Feb 4, 2010
✟18,150.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's also easier and more attractive to believe that rogue elements of the government are NOT working against the Constitution, than to admit that everything that we believe and have been investing our taxes and war dead into is a lie.

Upvote 0