The Road to Damascus, Virginia U.S.A.
✟73,745.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
BTW Allen, I've been meaning to tell you that I love that Sanctus Real song in your signature. That chorus has definitely been taking place in my life lately. :)

:cool: :)

I'm finishing Matthew now and hope to get through Mark today

Have a nice Sunday CF! :)

Upvote 0

kevlite2020

rawr means I love you in dinosaur!
Sep 11, 2008
Florida
Visit site
✟35,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
:cool: :)

I'm finishing Matthew now and hope to get through Mark today

Have a nice Sunday CF! :)

phew you're almost there buddy! I can't wait to hit the NT! Anyways, I still haven't started judges. I'm hoping to read for the majority of the day today (other than during the browns game of course :p ) so hopefully I can get up to 1 Samuel like I should be.

Upvote 0

Supplanter

There is no charge for awesomeness.
May 12, 2008
Georgia
Visit site
✟11,782.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
good grief. I can't seem to get past Deuteronomy. I'm reading some everyday but it feels like it is going on forever. I'm going into my second week with Deuteronomy. I just want it to end. . . . .lol .. . . I'm about halfway through it, there may be some light at the end of the tunnel. Hope everyone is doing well. I downloaded a bible app to my blackberry and now I can read "on the go" extremely easily. maybe it will help.

Upvote 0

kevlite2020

Sep 11, 2008
Florida
Visit site
✟35,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
good grief. I can't seem to get past Deuteronomy. I'm reading some everyday but it feels like it is going on forever. I'm going into my second week with Deuteronomy. I just want it to end. . . . .lol .. . . I'm about halfway through it, there may be some light at the end of the tunnel. Hope everyone is doing well. I downloaded a bible app to my blackberry and now I can read "on the go" extremely easily. maybe it will help.

Mobile Bible, nice! I'll tell you what, when I finished Deuteronomy, I think I blasted out Joshua in like half an hour after that haha. It gets a bit easier! You can do it sis!

Upvote 0

kevlite2020

Sep 11, 2008
Florida
Visit site
✟35,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay, I'm through Judges now. I didn't have too many thoughts but here's what I got out of it...

Judges 2 - Just as God had continually warned the Hebrews, since they didn't drive all the surrounding people out, they became a thorn in their side and contributed to getting them to worship false idols and forsake God.

Judges 6:14-16 - I love these verses... This is God talking to Gideon... "Then the Lord turned to him and said, 'Go in this might of yours, and you shall save Israel from the hand of the Midianites. Have I not sent you?' So he said to Him, 'O my Lord, how can I save Israel? Indeed my clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father's house.' And the Lord said to him, 'Surely I will be with you, and you shall defeat the Midianites as one man.'"

This reminds me so much of Moses being all weak and begging God to send someone else, and God's reply just being, "I will be with you." That's all they need :) Also, I thought it was great that God was calling Gideon mighty. I think it's God who is mighty and working through Gideon, and I think Gideon realizes that when he calls himself weak, but God wanted to give him strength freely and abundantly!

Another great verse, Judges 8:23 "But Gideon said to them, 'I will not rule over you, nor shall my son rule over you; the Lord shall rule over you.'" Awesome!!!! I like Gideon :)

Judges 16 - Samson gives in to Delilah and tells her his weakness. This part confuses me. Is it out of love he does this? What do you guys think?

Judges 19:22-30 - It's just like the situation where the Angels came to Lot and the men who lived around him surrounded the place wanting to molest them (thinking they were men). In this case, it's not an angel but just a man, but it saddens me that I can imagine a group so immoral that they would attempt to rape any man that comes into their city. Just awful. Then they give the man's concubine for them, who they abuse so much that she dies... All of that really reached to my heart. And then the tribe of Benjamin, instead of rising up to destroy those wicked men, they rise up against the other tribes of Israel. Just awful stuff, it makes me sad to see what the Hebrews went through and how far some of them fell at some points :(

Upvote 0

kevlite2020

Sep 11, 2008
Florida
Visit site
✟35,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
still in deuteronomy and trying to catch up - just mainly posting to let you all know i haven't totally disappeared :D
:burglar: hehehe... That's good though, almost through the law. Keep it up sis!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Supplanter

May 12, 2008
Georgia
Visit site
✟11,782.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Almost through deuteronomy. Crossing my fingers that tonight will be the night. Nonetheless, God has been doing so pwerful things in my life. I understand the law in an entirely different way than I did when I was studying intently before. The Spirit truly does bring wisdom and understanding.

Just a few notes. Parents were to bring disobedient and rebellious children to be stoned. It makes me realize just how far away our society has come from God's word. I'm not suggesting stoning people though it was an obviously effective deterrent, but many parents encourage and accept rebellion from their children. They are not taught what is acceptable and what is not. You can really begin to see how far away we are from God in our societies. There is such a discrepancy. Anyway, I'll be back soon.

Reactions: kevlite2020
Upvote 0

Allen1901

King's Knight
Nov 1, 2008
✟73,745.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Almost through deuteronomy. Crossing my fingers that tonight will be the night. Nonetheless, God has been doing so pwerful things in my life. I understand the law in an entirely different way than I did when I was studying intently before. The Spirit truly does bring wisdom and understanding.

Just a few notes. Parents were to bring disobedient and rebellious children to be stoned. It makes me realize just how far away our society has come from God's word. I'm not suggesting stoning people though it was an obviously effective deterrent, but many parents encourage and accept rebellion from their children. They are not taught what is acceptable and what is not. You can really begin to see how far away we are from God in our societies. There is such a discrepancy. Anyway, I'll be back soon.

Hi Jacqueline :)

How do you like reading on the Blackberry?

Upvote 0

Nilla

No longer on staff
Apr 8, 2006
Sweden
✟56,683.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I'm wondering where Nilla is hiding, because I've intended to ask her which swedish translation she likes to use.. Oh well, finnish & english (ESV) will proably have to do for a while.

Hey I'm here, I know I've been away some.. some Cf staff things and then personal things.

I use the Bibel 2000 for the swedish.. for the english.. I think it varies..LOL..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Supplanter

May 12, 2008
Georgia
Visit site
✟11,782.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Praise the Lord! I finally finished Deuteronomy. Finally. I'm praying God will help me finish Joshua and then some today. Whew! I don't think I've ever read anything so slowly in my life. Anyway, two verses from Deut 33 that I'm going to apply to myself:

12 Moses said this about the people of Benjamin:“The Lord’s loved ones will lie down in safety,because he protects them all day long. The ones he loves rest with him.”

29 Israel, you are blessed!No one else is like you,because you are a people saved by the Lord

Upvote 0

Allen1901

King's Knight
Nov 1, 2008
✟73,745.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I must admit. It has been pretty awesome. I can read it just about anywhere. I'm really pretty satisfied with it overall.

Thank you for the feedback. I'm thinking about getting one :)

Upvote 0

Supplanter

May 12, 2008
Georgia
Visit site
✟11,782.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Joshua 9

14 The men of Israel tasted the bread, but they did not ask the Lord what to do. 15 So Joshua agreed to make peace with the Gibeonites and to let them live. And the leaders of the Israelites swore an oath to keep the agreement. 16 Three days after they had made the agreement, the Israelites learned that the Gibeonites lived nearby

I find this interesting. So much for relying on our own logic. I wonder how many times a day we think we can make and should make a decision without consulting the Lord. There are lots of things that we probably feel like are the obvious thing to do and were just wrong becaude we are relying on ourselves.

Upvote 0