• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

the ocd fear

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
a guy has a fear from ocd. his fear is that he worries that he will maybe make a promise to God and due to ocd or stress, and maybe he will break it and he will maybe be punished by being in a car accident just because when he will be making the promise he may ask to be punished in that way.

everything is ocd but worries that maybe a higher power or the universe are in charge and they maybe do not care if someone has ocd or not and maybe will make the guy to be in a car accident. what I am telling you is an ocd example of mine ocd but not the real ocd worry. just an example.

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
a guy has a fear from ocd. his fear is that he worries that he will maybe make a promise to God and due to ocd or stress, and maybe he will break it and he will maybe be punished by being in a car accident just because when he will be making the promise he may ask to be punished in that way.

everything is ocd but worries that maybe a higher power or the universe are in charge and they maybe do not care if someone has ocd or not and maybe will make the guy to be in a car accident. what I am telling you is an ocd example of mine ocd but not the real ocd worry. just an example.
Keep practicing standing up to OCD, and "disobeying" it. Get help from a therapist if you need help doing that.

Upvote 0