thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It does get marketed toward them rather aggressively. It's pretty shocking to see some beauty magazines these days.

Any theories for the success of marketing the occult to women that I offer here is bound to offend somebody.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I haven't noticed this. But, if it is true, I can imagine that it may have something to do with "power tripping".

I haven't really gone deep into the occult, but from what I understand, it's all about having as much power as possible.

So, the powers that be, may be drawing the weaker vessels (women as the Bible says it) to feed off of them and/or the women may be drawn to the occult with the ambition of gaining that power.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
ChristServant,

Men and women are drawn to the occult in equal measure. Some sects are more visible than others. Men often have an affinity for magic far more than women. They’re likely to join organizations like the Freemasons, Rosicrucians, Druids, etc. Women usually focus on Wicca, Witchcraft, and goddess worship.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0

Goodhuman

Jan 7, 2020
dfgdfsgdf
✟58,992.00
Country
Cambodia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
ChristServant,

Men and women are drawn to the occult in equal measure. Some sects are more visible than others. Men often have an affinity for magic far more than women. They’re likely to join organizations like the Freemasons, Rosicrucians, Druids, etc. Women usually focus on Wicca, Witchcraft, and goddess worship.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

I don't think being mason or witch is ok, better be christian, your soul will have far more benefit.

Upvote 0

Jok

Jul 9, 2019
Indiana
✟42,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
So where does the distinction lie between all of these people who dabble in the occult but who go unscathed, and the people who get tormented by evil spirits and are in a living hell? Even more confusing, why those people who claim to be tormented by evil spirits who didn’t even dabble in the occult at all?

Upvote 0

Goodhuman

Jan 7, 2020
dfgdfsgdf
✟58,992.00
Country
Cambodia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So where does the distinction lie between all of these people who dabble in the occult but who go unscathed, and the people who get tormented by evil spirits and are in a living hell? Even more confusing, why those people who claim to be tormented by evil spirits who didn’t even dabble in the occult at all?

Who is in the occult already sold their soul, so the evil spirits have no interest to act on them, because they are at their side.

The people who are tormented by the evil spirits also are not of Christ, because they don't have his Spirit. Evil spirit and Holy Spirit can't be in one body.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

• Informative
Reactions: Jok
Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Some are pretty much unscathed from the occult because they really did not believe in it, thus they were on the outside looking in but never really fully engaged. Others in the occult, enter into it and allow demon spirits, to use and guide them. (Of course those demons are called other things, by occult practitioners, to make them sound far more harmless).

Your second question is far harder though I think the answer in part lies in this passage.
John 9:1-3 (KJV)
1 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.
2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?
3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.
Others who are tormented, might have invited them one way or another and or never fought or did not know enough to fight to keep them out. Generational curses might come into play and of course, Satan will simply try to take advantage of people whenever he can.
Lastly, I think there are differences in the spirit world and how you are attracted to various things according to your giftings. Demons too are more interested in those with higher callings and gifts. Such people need more prayer and protection. In trying to think of a scripture, I can only offer this. Luke 22:31 (KJV)
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: Which disciple did Satan want to sift? The most prominent one.

I hope no one takes this wrong, but I wonder sometimes if those who allow demonic forces to use them, actually help other believers because they have tied up some of Satan's resources? I do not suggest that they should not be delivered, but if Satan had not entered Judas' heart, then which other would it have been? I think too of the 2/3rds angels versus the 1/3rd demons and wonder why things are not better? Seems to me that heaven will do it's part, but angels are withheld because man is underperforming due to unbelief and Satan's lies and deception are a stronghold. Making things more difficult too are how some demons are cast down, yet other entities are roaming and causing trouble? Not much is known either about each class mentioned in Ephesians 6:12 (KJV) ... principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 2 Peter 2:4 (KJV)
4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

Anyway, just a few additional things to ponder.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Jok

Jul 9, 2019
Indiana
✟42,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
The people who are tormented by the evil spirits also are not of Christ, because they don't have his Spirit. Evil spirit and Holy Spirit can't be in one body.
So when people say that they are a child of God, but they are being tormented by evil spirits, they are mistaken about being a child of God?

Or, can a person be an exception if they backslide very badly and they dabble in the occult against their better judgement?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jok

Jul 9, 2019
Indiana
✟42,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Others in the occult, enter into it and allow demon spirits, to use and guide them.
Does this mean that they are living in harmony with the evil spirits and are stress free? If so this is basically what I was wondering, why would the next person be abused by his/her evil spirits? Or maybe if spirits are in a way like people, maybe some spirits are just much more sick & twisted than others (even though they are all still fallen). I guess we all know those movies where someone is kidnapped by bad people, but some of the bad people are much nicer to the hostage than some of the other bad people.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship

Jok,

There are many who practice other religions that are ignorant of its source. They believe it is a valid alternative to other traditions. Others are consciously aware they’ve chosen darkness and willingly align themselves with evil forces.

God is just and He addresses the heart. There is a difference between dabbling and conducting a black mass. No one is wholly unscathed. The fallout for engagement may not involve spiritual vexation. But they may suffer in other areas instead. Like their health, relationships, etc.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Does this mean that they are living in harmony with the evil spirits and are stress free? If so this is basically what I was wondering, why would the next person be abused by his/her evil spirits? Or maybe if spirits are in a way like people, maybe some spirits are just much more sick & twisted than others (even though they are all still fallen). I guess we all know those movies where someone is kidnapped by bad people, but some of the bad people are much nicer to the hostage than some of the other bad people.
I don't know if I can answer better but I think evil spirits might be accommodating at first but could turn against a person at any time, especially if that person tried to go in a different direction. I can't imagine harmony with evil spirits, though some do seem to gain fame and money from them and seem to be on top of things, yet we know the heart is dark. Some live long and seem to do quite well, but I am guessing this number is few and they only have harmony (if you want to call it that) because they continue to do Satan's will. I can't name names, but I always have speculated that some of the extremely wealthy and extremely famous people, who really are not much better than average people, have a sort of Satanic anointing that has promoted and marketed them.

You have a good idea about evil spirits being different and thus providing some variation in how they treat their hosts. I think some are more dominant than others and sometimes they compete and even have different objectives. I take it literally when Jesus said a kingdom divided against itself will not stand. In context, I think he was talking about Satan's kingdom. For example, a man has a murdering spirit, and has killed several people. Next, we find he kills himself. This would make the murderer spirit unfulfilled, whereas the spirit of suicide would be happy.

In general, the Holy Spirit always works in harmony and is a gentleman, rarely violating a person's will. God is patient and cares about the long term relationship with all people. Satan is the opposite, greedy, deceptive, fraudulent and hates everyone. I once read a book on Houngans, (voodoo priests) in Haiti. What was interesting was how they would call forth the spirits and have to learn how to control them. Sometimes the priests would go too far and become mentally ill or have other problems where they lost control. Thanks for the provoking discussion.

Upvote 0

Jok

Jul 9, 2019
Indiana
✟42,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
No one is wholly unscathed. The fallout for engagement may not involve spiritual vexation. But they may suffer in other areas instead. Like their health, relationships, etc.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella
Oh that’s an interesting reply! Just now I thought to myself that it could also vary greatly on the actual person instead of the spirit. One person could be scarred for life at an identical situation that takes place with a different person that shake it off fairly easily. I could certainly tell you of people that would have vastly different results if forced to spend an entire night in a legitimately haunted house lol

Upvote 0

Jok

Jul 9, 2019
Indiana
✟42,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
I once read a book on Houngans, (voodoo priests) in Haiti. What was interesting was how they would call forth the spirits and have to learn how to control them. Sometimes the priests would go too far and become mentally ill or have other problems where they lost control. Thanks for the provoking discussion.
I would never wanna mess with stuff like this, but I sometimes wonder how something like this might play out with die hard skeptics that I know. I know people who are completely sold that the scientific method is simply the only basis of truth that there is. Sometimes I think about how uniquely strange it would be to have a die hard skeptic actually turn to belief in God due to a purely evil encounter (because of it shattering their materialism worldview). That would certainly be an interesting conversion story!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goodhuman

Jan 7, 2020
dfgdfsgdf
✟58,992.00
Country
Cambodia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why do you think so many women seem to be drawn into the world of the occult and some from a young age?

Because they all say: - prince of this world is the devil.

They forget God created this world, and this is why they want authority here.

But they forget God can give them more authority than the devil and that this world is not of the devil but of God!

Upvote 0

ChristServant

Aug 23, 2020
South
✟26,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would never wanna mess with stuff like this, but I sometimes wonder how something like this might play out with die hard skeptics that I know. I know people who are completely sold that the scientific method is simply the only basis of truth that there is. Sometimes I think about how uniquely strange it would be to have a die hard skeptic actually turn to belief in God due to a purely evil encounter (because of it shattering their materialism worldview). That would certainly be an interesting conversion story!

Was looking through some Christian testimonials on youtube and saw how many new age spiritualist have converted to Christianity because they came to realize dark forces were at work in their occult practices. Interesting how, when people are really frightened they turn to GOD.

Upvote 0

Lord Vega

King NES
Jun 13, 2020
Clearwater, FL
✟17,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Why do you think so many women seem to be drawn into the world of the occult and some from a young age?

When people are in a state of unrepentant sin, demons from hell get a pass to attach onto that person. They can influence their faculties and make them think certain thoughts. Hence the reason why so many people are drawn to the Occult: they have demons possessing them. The solution is to repent and get those nasty demons off of them. We must have a great return to Christ.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh that’s an interesting reply! Just now I thought to myself that it could also vary greatly on the actual person instead of the spirit.

Jok,

For the individual, the collective applies. Sin is the gateway and no two behave the same. Demonic assignments have varying degrees of strength and purpose. Battling a private isn’t the same as having the general facing you on the field.

Job provides important insight. Satan needed permission to attack and was given limitations. He couldn’t kill him but everything else was fair game.

In like fashion, when you invite dark forces into your life through sin, contamination, and associations; you open the door for a lot of problems. That’s why repenting is important. It acknowledges the offense and petitions for God’s assistance and remedy. When you remain silent you worsen the problem.

I could certainly tell you of people that would have vastly different results if forced to spend an entire night in a legitimately haunted house lol

I wouldn’t knowingly enter a haunted house. I know better and that brings different consequences upon disobedience than another might suffer who didn’t know the truth.

I would never wanna mess with stuff like this

African Traditional Religions (like Voodoo, Santeria, etc.) employ spirit possession as a requirement for initiation. They invite the patron deity to reside within them and make an incision in the scalp as a sign of its indwelling. Breaking ties is immensely hard. For obvious reasons. Bigger level; bigger devil.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am not sure about the scientific method types. If they do not believe in God, they also will shut out the devil. Thus, they are unlikely to encounter much of anything spiritual as long as they are in that state. I had previously ruled out God from a sort of Marxist view, that the bible was propaganda used to bring people into submission. Still, I thought there was power available and sought out to try to tap into it. I tapped way too much and hurt myself, and a few others far worse in the profess. I got Lester Sumrall's "Demons the Answer book" and it spoke to me as did my guilt from hurting others. I exchanged all that for Jesus, which of course was a great deal for me.

Upvote 0