The Occult: What you don't know can hurt you !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyGuardianAngels

Merry Christmas Everyone
Mar 10, 2005
Southern California, just minutes from the beach !
✟17,081.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Let's look at the book Harry Potter

Harry Potter makes a decision :crossrc: to LIE. He looks into a MIRROR and thinks "I must lie... lie about what I seee..." Theb he adds "That's all."

When some one "decides" to LIE it is a MORTAL sin. When one sins hoping to gain som good or benefit from it, it doesn't happen. The whole process resulting from the lie is a SIN. Harry lied in an effort to get a "blood-red stone"; the title stone.

I post this to :tutu: ALERT parents that if your children are forced or required to read this series point out the OCCULT "morals" and "ethics" which Catholics and Christians differ on.

The author calls the lie he tells an invention.

IF, as some have said Harry dies in the last book from his life of lies (which we are told in the beginning of the story) this will set a new scene for translating the OCCULT . . . which, as we see here does not keep the Ten Commandments as Latin Rite Roman Catholics do. We do not look for an EXCUSE to "break" them.

Have you found similar concerns in your reading of OCCULT books and materials . . .they must be:bow: refuted at the ADULT level. Such as DRINKING BLOOD !!

[bible]Revelation 9:20[/bible]

[bible]Revelation 19:14-16[/bible]:tutu:

[bible]Revelation 12:7[/bible]

Happy Thanksgiving
:angel:

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think Rahab lied though, she was actually justified in her faith through what she done in that particullary.

Given love does no harm to its neighbor she did nothing against the truth there though. Otherwise she would would have not been justified.

I thought Harry Potter was an awesome fictional movie myself.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ROFL!!!.... you crack me up, sis.. ^_^^_^^_^^_^

Glad I can give ya a chuckle sis:p Im sure we can get all bent out of shape over "fictional stuff". Me and Celticflower were on another thread gathering all the fault finding stuff on Kids movies and collected a wicked (pun intended) list. Nice to have on hand:thumbsup: to torture your kids with concerning what they cannot watch :cry: (excluding Harry Potter) and any sequals ofcourse

Heres children movies "containing" some kind of magic, or witches. CS Lewis included^_^

The Lion King was accused by some christians of being guilty of "promoting voodoo" because of the monkey in it

Wizard of OZ contained a witches and magic potions.

The CARE BEAR movie magic

Smurfs magic

Peter Pan "magical fairies" and fairy dust^_^

Cinderella a "magical fairy godmother

Narnia (CS Lewis) magic wardobe, and witch

Monsters Inc, promotes monster land with monsters in ones closet magic doors

Little mermaid (mythical creatures) underwater witch and magic

Sleeping beauty, spells witch

Beauty and the beast spells

Alladin magic carpet and Jeanie

Snow white witch and spells

Shrek dragon, spells, magic

Labryrinth (with the muppets) magic

Hercules Zeus hades etc

Lord of the rings magic wizards, spells

The last unicorn magic

Star wars the force

King Arthur -- Wizard, Witches, Lady of the Lake, the sword in the stone

Eregon -- dragons, elves, magic, werecat

Dragonheart-- magic and dragons

Fantasia -- the sorcerer's apprentice used magic.

Into the Woods -- taps into many fairy tales with witches, giants, magic, theft, death (this is a Broadway show, but you can get it on dvd )

Jack and the beanstalk magic beans

Casper the freindly ghost Wendy the witch

Anything by Kenneth Flint -- retells Celtic tales complete with nymphs, witches, ogres, magic fish, Sidthe dwellers etc.

Dragonrider -- includes brownies and other creatures

Dragonspell set -- dragons, wizards, little furry people, dragon people, giants, magic.

Alice In Wonderland --magic potions to grow and shrink, talking animals,

Enchanted Forest Chronicles-- dragons, magic, enchanted passages, witches, moving forests

Mary Poppins -- flying with umbrella

Bedknobs and Broomsticks --magic

The Witch Mountain movies--magic

the Halloweentown movies --magic, witches

Pinocchio -- talking cricket, living puppet, blue fairy

Brother Bear--spirits turn people into animals

Twitches--sisters who are witches

The nutcracker toys come to life

Frosty the snowman magic hat

Rudolf the rednose reindeer flying reindeer, magic of christmas

Puff the magic dragon

Petes Dragon

Now I watched most of these myself and none of these defiled me. I did not become a lover of the occult (but of Jesus Christ) and I was never enticed to be a practicer of any sort of magic.

Warning

If harmful side effects overtake you such as...making one desire to wave sticks, throw fairy dust or simply take cruises on broom sticks please seek out pastoral help immediately.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Let's look at the book Harry Potter

Harry Potter makes a decision :crossrc: to LIE. He looks into a MIRROR and thinks "I must lie... lie about what I seee..." Theb he adds "That's all."

Lie or let Voldemort/Quarrel get the Philosopher's Stone, thus ushering in the rise of the Dark Lord and the death of the only one to defeat him, thus giving way to the pogrom against Muggle-born wizards and witches and the putting of Muggles under a new Hitler's feet.

I'll lie if it means to save another person's life. That's the only Christian thing to do.

When some one "decides" to LIE it is a MORTAL sin. When one sins hoping to gain som good or benefit from it, it doesn't happen. The whole process resulting from the lie is a SIN. Harry lied in an effort to get a "blood-red stone"; the title stone.

No; he lied so that Voldemort couldn't get the stone.

Upvote 0

Morghaine

Studying
Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2006
Ozark MO
✟63,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
On the other hand, I think it's probably good to remember that not everyone views movies and books the same way. For example, the way I view Potter books and a 10 year old are going to be a bit different. It's our job as parents to determine what is best for our children, according to our knowledge of our child, and our own conscience. For example, my daughter couldn't care less about Harry Potter or any other movie such as that - she was always into girly fashion love type movies - but a friend's child was different in that he would mimic movies he had seen, and try to become the characters - big difference.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is it should be up to the individual what they allow their children to watch - no one is right or wrong (and we shouldn't be condemning of anyone's views) - it's like censorship - if you don't like it or want to watch it, turn it off - but don't take away everyone's privileges just because of your own views.

Reactions: Tavita
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,218.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
It is not a mortal sin to lie to save a life or lives. Consider, would you, given you were living in occupied Europe during ww2, lie to save the lives of a family / group of Jews?

Upvote 0

HolyGuardianAngels

Merry Christmas Everyone
Mar 10, 2005
Southern California, just minutes from the beach !
✟17,081.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think Rahab lied though, she was actually justified in her faith through what she done in that particullary.

Given love does no harm to its neighbor she did nothing against the truth there though. Otherwise she would would have not been justified.

I thought Harry Potter was an awesome fictional movie myself.

It is not a mortal sin to lie to save a life or lives. Consider, would you, given you were living in occupied Europe during ww2, lie to save the lives of a family / group of Jews?

:wave:

First:

Do we agree that, "Thou shalt not LIE", is one of The Ten Commandments.

AND

To TEACH a child to LIE is YET another sin !!

To bear FALSE witness, can not be TAUGHT!! (right):groupray:

Upvote 0

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

You live in 1942 Belgium.

You hide a Jewish family at your house.

The Nazis come to your door and demand you hand over the Jews.

Do you lie to save the Jews or do you tell the truth and have their blood on your hands?

Whoever said Harry Potter was educational in that sense? You?

Here's another one for you:

You know for a fact someone is going to use the only knife in the house to commit a murder. The knife is rightfully the murder's property. There is no immediate time to call for help; just enough time for action. Do you steal the knife or allow the murder to happen?

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:wave:

First:

Where?

AND

So teaching that Rahab was justified in what she did by faith in the lying to the messengers (as the apostles did) is sin?

To bear FALSE witness, can not be TAUGHT!! (right):groupray:

I think you have it wrong, the commandment is not to bear false witness AGAINST ones neighbor, neither did Rahab DO anything AGAINST the truth (in lying) when walking in the truth is walking IN LOVE and love working no ILL (or HARM) againsts ones neighbor.

So we disagree:angel:

I would LIE to protect someone who is trying to kill others. If I didnt I'd be partner with their murders in my estimation. I speak for myself. The letter would KILL in this respect.

Peace

Fireinfolding

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Uphill Battle

Apr 25, 2005
✟23,416.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Lie or let Voldemort/Quarrel get the Philosopher's Stone, thus ushering in the rise of the Dark Lord and the death of the only one to defeat him, thus giving way to the pogrom against Muggle-born wizards and witches and the putting of Muggles under a new Hitler's feet.

I'll lie if it means to save another person's life. That's the only Christian thing to do.

No; he lied so that Voldemort couldn't get the stone.
It's rare, but I agree with PV on this.

oh heck, yes. I'd smile and lie through my teeth. Might even tell the Kraut he looks great in his SS uniform.

Upvote 0

Uphill Battle

Apr 25, 2005
✟23,416.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Where?

So teaching that Rahab was justified in what she did by faith in the lying to the messengers (as the apostles did) is sin?

I think you have it wrong, the commandment is not to bear false witness AGAINST ones neighbor, neither did Rahab DO anything AGAINST the truth (in lying) when walking in the truth is walking IN LOVE and love working no ILL (or HARM) againsts ones neighbor.

So we disagree:angel:

I would LIE to protect someone who is trying to kill others. If I didnt I'd be partner with their murders in my estimation. I speak for myself. The letter would KILL in this respect.

Peace

Fireinfolding
don't forget the Egyptian midwives, who lied to Pharoh, and were BLESSED for it.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
don't forget the Egyptian midwives, who lied to Pharoh, and were BLESSED for it.

:thumbsup: And Abraham concerning Sarah just being his sister (which she was) but not his wife Gen 12:12-13. It did come down to the fear of God not being in that place and Abraham did fear harm (to himself) on account of her. I dont know if you would call this a lie but it certainly was more then a half truth and again one that was utilized to save his own life Gen 12:16 Abraham was doing well off that one^_^

It wasnt Abraham who God plagued Gen 12:17 the LORD plagued Pharaoh and his house with great plagues because of Sarai Abram's wife. And Pharaoh called Abram, and said, What is this that thou hast done unto me? why didst thou not tell me that she was thy wife? ^_^ Why saidst thou, She is my sister? so I might have taken her to me to wife: now therefore behold thy wife, take her, and go thy way.

Peace:thumbsup:

Fireinfolding

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's rare, but I agree with PV on this.

Me too good job PV:thumbsup:

Handing over innocent blood, was done to Jesus Christ (and betraying Him). Rahab lied but she did "protect" them.

We have an example of telling the truth (concerning innocent blood) in Judas. He can be seen "telling the truth" to those who wanted to get their hands on Christ. He betrayed him, though I cant say he walked in the truth (even though he told it) in this respect.

oh heck, yes. I'd smile and lie through my teeth. Might even tell the Kraut he looks great in his SS uniform.

^_^

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.