The OBOB "What are you listening to?" Thread

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
I have been on an Irish History thing as of late.

This song was smuggled out of the H Blocks prison. This song was written by Volunteer Bobby Sands whilst in the H Blocks. It was actually surreptiously recorded in a maximum security faciluty.

They placed matreesss against the doors, and sang. He wrote this about his former wife. It is so sad.

Bobby Sands died after 66 days on a Hunger strike while fighting for the right to be treated as a political prisoner.

YouTube - Sad song for Susan

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I have been on an Irish History thing as of late.

This song was smuggled out of the H Blocks prison. This song was written by Volunteer Bobby Sands whilst in the H Blocks. It was actually surreptiously recorded in a maximum security faciluty.

They placed matreesss against the doors, and sang. He wrote this about his former wife. It is so sad.

Bobby Sands died after 66 days on a Hunger strike while fighting for the right to be treated as a political prisoner.

YouTube - Sad song for Susan

When I was in Ireland, we went on a tour of the Kilmainham Gaol, where they kept all the political prisoners after the 1916 easter rising. That was even worse. Very sad.

Speaking of Irish, has anyone here seen The Secret of Kells? I really want to see it.

YouTube - The Secret Of Kells - Clip 06 - Aisling's Song

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.