Not open for further replies.

ScottEmerson

I Like Traffic Lights
May 9, 2002
Ocala, FL
✟682.00
Faith
Christian
I see a lot of Christians who use 777 in screen names and such on the Internet. I take it that they believe that since 666 is the Satanic number, and 6 is man's number, that if 7 is "God's number," then 777 must be a Godly number - the "opposite" of 666, which is known as the mark of the Beast.

777 came into popularity in the early 20th century by Alistair Crowley, perhaps the world's foremost Satanist of all-time. (He was also the hero of the rock group Led Zepplin, who bought, lived, and recorded at his mansion after his death). He wrote a Satanic book called "Liber 777" He also worte "777 and other Qabbalistic Writings."

777 is also an important number for Wiccans. I would urge those who do use that number to change 'em.

And for those who have seen me post before, I hope you know that I'm not one of "those" posters, who comes on and screams how everything is evil or Satanic. I'm a pretty reasonable guy - but I do encourage people to look into things like this... I honestly wonder if Satan laughs at us when we do things like that...

SEC, whose screen name was once Emerson777...

Defender of the Faith 777

Apr 13, 2002
Visit site
✟2,076.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
I don't care what the Wiccans do. (I think that I can speak to defend myself right now) The Wiccans do a lot of things that I do. But I'm not going to change my entire life and be dedicated to not be like them. I use 777 not as a serious title, but just as a little number to loosen up the tense name. If I walked around as Defender of the Faith, it would be quite cocky and arrogant. Rather, I put 777 on with no predisposition of what it would mean. Since 7 is the day that God set apart for His glory and worship, and since 6 is the day of man and his will: Satan, I chose 777 to be opposite of 666. You were quite correct in your assumption.

Upvote 0

Hoonbaba

Catholic Preterist
Apr 15, 2002
New Jersey, USA
Visit site
✟10,659.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi,

I just thought I'd share something:

The use of the number 7 speaks of an oath or covenant. I know it may sound bizarre but the Hebrew word for seven, is 'sheba' (as in Bathsheba or Beersheba) which also means 'to make or swear a covenant oath'. Consequently Bathsheba means: "daughter of an oath" and Beersheba means: "well of the sevenfold oath"

The bible teaches that on the seventh day of creation, God rested and declared it holy. And Ex 31:16-17 says that the sabbath was a sign of God's covenant with creation. So it would then make sense for God to 'rest' on the 7th day, to bless it and hallow it.

Also someone mentioned to me that Gen 4:15, and Gen 4:24 show the signifance of swearing an 'evil oath' in context to the entire chapter. I don't have time to get to that and I really don't know much about it. So for the most part it's just a guess.

But whenever there's a seven in the Bible, there's something going on with a covenant oath.

Check out Joshua and the marching around of Jericho seven times on the seventh day (Joshua 6:15), the seven priests carrying seven trumpets (Joshua 6:4). Then chapter 7 talks about Achan's sin. And the Lord says, "Israel has sinned; they have violated my covenant, which I commanded them to keep" (Joshua 7:11)

Anyway I just thought I'd share that =)

God bless!

-Jason

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Defender of the Faith 777
I don't care what the Wiccans do. (I think that I can speak to defend myself right now) The Wiccans do a lot of things that I do. But I'm not going to change my entire life and be dedicated to not be like them. I use 777 not as a serious title, but just as a little number to loosen up the tense name. If I walked around as Defender of the Faith, it would be quite cocky and arrogant. Rather, I put 777 on with no predisposition of what it would mean. Since 7 is the day that God set apart for His glory and worship, and since 6 is the day of man and his will: Satan, I chose 777 to be opposite of 666. You were quite correct in your assumption.

I don't think that "Defender of the Faith" is arrogant. It reminds me of someone who wants to be a "Christian Soldier."

By the way, what kinds of things do you do that are like Wiccans?

I'm not saying that you're a witch, but on a side note, I have a webpage about that:
The Wonderful World of Wicca!

[My website has gone to heck, thanks to Angelfire. Don't make a webpage with them!!!]

Upvote 0

ScottEmerson

I Like Traffic Lights
May 9, 2002
Ocala, FL
✟682.00
Faith
Christian
It's not blah to the Wiccans nor to the Satanists, I assure you. My personal feeling is that we are to avoid any appearance of evil, to me that includes numbers and names of demons, such as Azrael.

Look at it this way - if anyone here got a license plate with 666 on it, we'd probably complain and ask for a new one. The number 777 is just as important to Satanists and Wiccans as 666 is, so why don't we put up the same fuss?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Greeter

The Space Invaders did not get by on me!
May 27, 2002
Pompano Beach, Fl
Visit site
✟21,974.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
AND you will see a grown man cry (and I mean it- I'll send videotapes to you)- not a pretty picture. :cry:

I use Greeter as my screen name for many things but found long ago that others like that as well so my email address and IM address for everything is Greeter777. I had no idea it had a negative connotation to it. I have been using it for many years now and no one has ever pointed out a problem with "777" before. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

ScottEmerson

I Like Traffic Lights
May 9, 2002
Ocala, FL
✟682.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by Greeter
AND you will see a grown man cry (and I mean it- I'll send videotapes to you)- not a pretty picture. :cry:

I use Greeter as my screen name for many things but found long ago that others like that as well so my email address and IM address for everything is Greeter777. I had no idea it had a negative connotation to it. I have been using it for many years now and no one has ever pointed out a problem with "777" before. :rolleyes:

Have you dealt much with Wiccans or Satanists? THey'll be glad to explain to you the reasoning behind 777.

Upvote 0

Greeter

The Space Invaders did not get by on me!
May 27, 2002
Pompano Beach, Fl
Visit site
✟21,974.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have used 777 for many years and have friends who are Wiccans. They never mentioned it. Since they know I am a Christian I would think they would find that humorous and would have pointed it out to me.

My guess is only a small majority have a problem with that number. The complex where I live, about 400-500 condos, has the address of "777". The community is mostly Jewish and Christian and yet no one has ever raised a problem with that number.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.