loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The NRA Is Part of the Trump–Russia Scandal Now
Russian intervention in the 2016 campaign has a number of complex threads. But the latest development is simple and old-fashioned. McClatchy reports that the FBI is investigating whether a Kremlin-linked Russian banker funneled money through the National Rifle Association to help elect Donald Trump. American law prohibits foreign campaign donations.
tulc(MAGA by funneling money?) :scratch:

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
It sounds so irrelevant to me.
Unless you can show how the NRA is working for Trump,
and how they collaborated like the DNC did with Hillary.

cartoon.png

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That shows them doing their job. How do any of your
articles show collusion between them and Trump like
the DNC collaborated with Hillary to steal the primary
from Bernie Sanders?
I'm sorry, I thought, you know, since the thread was about President Trump and the NRA when you asked:
Unless you can show how the NRA is working for Trump,
you were asking about President Trump and the NRA, and showed where they were doing so. And since the part about Sec. Clinton and the DNC had nothing to do with President Trump or the NRA I understood it as just someone seeking to obey the "HTDPTWHCBD" handbook by trying to apply rule #1. "When you can't defend President Trump attack someone else instead". :wave:
If you'd like to discuss Sec Clinton and the DNC you should really start a thread about that where people can discuss it there. :)
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out) :oldthumbsup:

• Winner
Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

Choir Loft

Jan 27, 2018
Tampa
✟15,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

The Hillary Clinton campaign accepted MILLIONS of dollars in campaign contributions from foreign governments via the Clinton Foundation. (CBS News April 16, 2015)

THE REAL issue is huge campaign contributions .... period. They ought not be allowed for any candidate.

"Any individual who is able to raise [enough money] to be considered presidential is not going to be much use to the people at large. He will represent...whatever moneyed entities are paying for him.... Hence, the sense of despair throughout the land as incomes fall, businesses fail and there is no redress."
- GORE VIDAL

THE REAL issue here is that the US government has been bought lock, stock and barrel by monied interests with the resources to pay big bucks for their influence. The average man cannot afford to pay for his day in court without permanently breaking his family resources. The poor man must suffer indignity and injustice without complaint.

In 2014 the US Supreme Court lifted a ban on campaign donations. (USA Today April 2) This opened the door to limitless corruption in government, sponsored by any foreign government or corporate power block with the money to buy their favorite candidate.

THE REAL issue here is not democrats vs. republicans because they are two heads of the same political snake. Democrats today are further to the right than republicans of the mid-1950's and neo-con republicans are so far to the right as to be indistinguishable from mid-20th century fascist powers in Spain and Italy.

"If the government is to tell big business men how to run their business, then don't you see that big business men have to get closer to the government even than they are now? Don't you see that they must capture the government, in order not to be restrained too much by it? Must capture the government? They have already captured it." - Woodrow Wilson 1913

THE REAL issue is that Americans are being led like sheep to the shearing and slaughter. We are called upon to pray for heaven's blessings upon a government that has not a single shred of decency toward its own citizens or those of other nations. We are asked to honor our warriors and at the same time accuse those who love peace as traitors. Something evil is at work in America and nobody seems to care.

"War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." - John F. Kennedy

"Americans have no idea what is happening to them." - Pravda

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Upvote 0

gideon123

Humble Servant of God
Dec 25, 2011
USA
✟59,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
THE REAL issue is huge campaign contributions .... period. They ought not be allowed for any candidate.

Agreed.
And you'll notice that this is not being discussed amongst all the mud-flinging. And furthermore, the Congress and the President have done nothing about real campaign finance reform. And that's true under the Republicans and the Dems.

There would never be an issue of "foreign influence" if Congress would obey Psalm 51, and purify their own hearts and minds.

Reactions: Choir Loft
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I'm sorry, I thought, you know, since the thread was about President Trump and the NRA when you asked:
you were asking about President Trump and the NRA, and showed where they were doing so. And since the part about Sec. Clinton and the DNC had nothing to do with President Trump or the NRA I understood it as just someone seeking to obey the "HTDPTWHCBD" handbook by trying to apply rule #1. "When you can't defend President Trump attack someone else instead". :wave:
If you'd like to discuss Sec Clinton and the DNC you should really start a thread about that where people can discuss it there. :)
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out) :oldthumbsup:

No, as I said, you showed the NRA doing its job,
not working for Trump. There is a difference, as
you well know, though you seem to love throwing
in red herrings to try and confuse the issue.

I gotta wonder why? Could it be the only way to
smear him when you know you're spreading lies
and rumors?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, as I said, you showed the NRA doing its job,
not working for Trump. There is a difference, as
you well know, though you seem to love throwing
in red herrings to try and confuse the issue.
Their job apparently was working for President Trump: they were willing to spend $30,000,000+ to get him elected. That sounds like they were real interested in getting him elected. I'm not sure why that would be a problem for you? :scratch:

I gotta wonder why?
No need to wonder: the NRA loves/works for President Trump. Unlike you I have no problem pointing it out. The real question (to me anyway) is why you'd have a problem with simply saying what's obvious to anyone else?

Could it be the only way to
smear him when you know you're spreading lies
and rumors?
I guess it would depend on if you think spending $30,000,000+ to get him elected is true or not? If it's true, it's not a lie. And if they did spend $30,000,000+ on him how can saying "The NRA worked for President Trump." be a "lie" or a "smear"?
tulc(honestly doesn't see what pat34lee is having a problem with here) :sorry:

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Their job apparently was working for President Trump: they were willing to spend $30,000,000+ to get him elected. That sounds like they were real interested in getting him elected. I'm not sure why that would be a problem for you? :scratch:

And how many other Republicans and conservative
Democrats have they advocated over the years?
Working with or for candidates is against the law
for groups like the NRA.

No need to wonder: the NRA loves/works for President Trump. Unlike you I have no problem pointing it out. The real question (to me anyway) is why you'd have a problem with simply saying what's obvious to anyone else?

Working to elect a candidate is legal. Having a PAC
work with a candidate is not legal. While I'm sure
this amounts to smoke and mirrors in many cases,
it's the law. The NRA cannot work for Trump during
elections. They can only work on their own to get
him elected. They can lobby those in office to keep
bad gun laws from being passed.

I guess it would depend on if you think spending $30,000,000+ to get him elected is true or not? If it's true, it's not a lie. And if they did spend $30,000,000+ on him how can saying "The NRA worked for President Trump." be a "lie" or a "smear"?
tulc(honestly doesn't see what pat34lee is having a problem with here) :sorry:

Think of the NRA as one person: namely me.
I spend dollars to support Trump because I believe
he will be the best candidate to do the things I like
while he's in office. I can pay for pro-Trump, pro-
Republican or Anti-Clinton and Anti-Democrat ads.
What I can't do is work with Trump to coordinate
or put out the messages he wants me to send.

Upvote 0