PanDeism is the Reason for my Seasons
May 8, 2006
San Mateo
✟27,341.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Libertarian
The corporations give politicians money on both parties and seem to be running the media as well as the politicians. Today, our politicians are bought and paid for it seems. If one looks at who pays what and the amount to the parties, the corporations have a lot of $$ invested here.

So, I'm not in great shock that they want to sponsor the merger and/or north american union for cheaper labor.
We need a better class of politicians.... we'er stuck deep in a two party rut, and both parties are looking out for only themselves!!

//// Pacific PanDeist

Upvote 0

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟37,952.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Eventually the corperate powers will find it convenient enough to have a One World Government and that will make distictions between people of differnat nations as irrelevant as distinctions between people of differant States.

Image what we might be capable of, were we to ever stop fighting amongst ourselves.

Upvote 0

PacificPandeist

PanDeism is the Reason for my Seasons
May 8, 2006
San Mateo
✟27,341.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Libertarian
Eventually the corperate powers will find it convenient enough to have a One World Government and that will make distictions between people of differnat nations as irrelevant as distinctions between people of differant States.

Image what we might be capable of, were we to ever stop fighting amongst ourselves.
Friend, there are plenty of civil wars and civil insurrections in the world.... world government is not the answer.... limited government is the answer!!

Upvote 0

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟37,952.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
As long as Government serves the people and protects our liberty, I don't think it matters how large or small it is...

The advantage of a one world government is that it would hopefully not go to war with itself for something as stupid as territory.

Friend, there are plenty of civil wars and civil insurrections in the world.... world government is not the answer.... limited government is the answer!!

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
ACougar--

It seems good but in general a merger with Canada and Mexico will hurt us. Again, how can we merge with Mexico with its drug cartel run government? I can't possibly image this being a good thing.
How about a Canada US union?

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I can't see any reason I'd object to that.... but will the Quebeckers want to split?
Let them. They only have claim to 1/5th of the province, the rest is native American and would never choose to leave Canada. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OhhJim

Often wrong, but never in doubt
Aug 19, 2004
Walnut Creek, CA
✟6,051.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Exactly!! The american people don't seem to have the voice that they should.

Oh, but they have a bill out about the Secretary of the Interior!!

Did you want to correct your statement that there is a bill out which is against the merger, (HR487) or did you just want to let it ride? I'm certain that the truth would interest some people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I agree with some of the republican platform, I'm anti-abortion, for example. But the republicans have gone so far to the right its frightening. They've engaged the US in a war that has cost the lives of 3,000 young American men and women and killed 100's of thousands of Iraqis. In the process they turned a great global sympathy and solidarity with the US (after 9/11) into global hatred of your nation. That's just wrong, you aren't an evil people. And none of this would have happened if Gore had been elected instead of Bush. 9/11 would still have happened, the war with Afghanistan would still have happened but the war with Iraq would not have. And the world would still be with you and the world would be a safer place.

Upvote 0

salida

Veteran
Jun 14, 2006
✟6,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

I understand about the war. The reason I wasn't totally against it is because Saddam was another Hitler. Yes, there are many dictators in this world who are evil and blah blah blah. But Saddam was extremely evil - because of this alone I'm glad we went to war for that reason. Otherwise, we don't have any business policing the world all the time and going to war.

Upvote 0

CCGirl

Resident Commie
Sep 21, 2005
Canada
✟27,370.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others

I understand about the war. The reason I wasn't totally against it is because Saddam was another Hitler. Yes, there are many dictators in this world who are evil and blah blah blah. But Saddam was extremely evil - because of this alone I'm glad we went to war for that reason. Otherwise, we don't have any business policing the world all the time and going to war.

Saddam was no more "evil" than other dictators, although he was made to appear more "evil" because he stopped following US orders. The US has no problem supporting their own dictators. Saddam could not have done many of his alleged atrocities without US support. Do you agree that this is hypocrisy at the worst? And if the only criterium for overthrowing governments is because some think they are "evil", then the world would love to have a coup against Bush!

Just curious, in what way was Saddam even close to becoming Hitler?:confused:

Upvote 0

salida

Veteran
Jun 14, 2006
✟6,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
CCGirl--

How? Because he killed an very large amount of his own people; raped the bride if he knew a couple was going to get married (things like this continually). I guess dictators always do these things? This is normal for a dictator? Yes, I agree -the U.S. does support certain ones for their own agenda - its called the lover of $$ agenda.

Upvote 0