The next generation of Republican candidates (2016)

kelkel

Jul 31, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
✟1,216.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I heard on TV yesterday that there's a lot of young, talented Republicans lining up as candidates for 2016. Who are they?

Also, they said the Republican party is in trouble because of all the young minority kids in America growing up.

Maybe the problem can be solved when the Republican candidates no longer look like this?

URL]

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Not Paul Ryan, that is for sure.

Not sure about young, but there are some recently risen to power GOPers who are more appealing to independents and moderates, like Chris Christie for example. Not sure how his Jersey "charm" work out nationally, but he would probably flip NJ red.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Marco Rubio and Paul Ryan in 2016

Ryan is worthless. He makes Biden and Palin look like rocket scientists. He has literally done nothing of value. He's a good speaker, but entirely hollow. He's not going to get independent votes. When Libertarians call your budgets insane, and budgets are your big call to fame, you are a failure.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,185,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Not sure about young, but there are some recently risen to power GOPers who are more appealing to independents and moderates, like Chris Christie for example. Not sure how his Jersey "charm" work out nationally, but he would probably flip NJ red.

Given how fast and hard the GOP threw Gov. Christie under the bus for daring to place the interests of his state above the federal election I don't see him gaining much traction anytime soon.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Given how fast and hard the GOP threw Gov. Christie under the bus for daring to place the interests of his state above the federal election I don't see him gaining much traction anytime soon.

He will have to really hammer away on the base to get through the primaries, but unless the republicans find someone else who can break the democratic base, the republicans have 0 chance of winning in 2016. Knowing this, I think they would eventually chose Christie. But if they don't well, welcome to 4 years of Biden/Clinton/etc.

Upvote 0

SPB1987

Jul 29, 2011
✟9,328.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ryan is worthless. He makes Biden and Palin look like rocket scientists. He has literally done nothing of value. He's a good speaker, but entirely hollow. He's not going to get independent votes. When Libertarians call your budgets insane, and budgets are your big call to fame, you are a failure.

Yep I voted romney in spite of Ryan.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,185,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
He will have to really hammer away on the base to get through the primaries, but unless the republicans find someone else who can break the democratic base, the republicans have 0 chance of winning in 2016. Knowing this, I think they would eventually chose Christie. But if they don't well, welcome to 4 years of Biden/Clinton/etc.

My theory is that the republicans need to give some Santorumesk hard social conservative who is beloved by the base the nomination and have them crushed in the general election prior to any sort of introspection or realignment.

Upvote 0

SPB1987

Jul 29, 2011
✟9,328.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Would be nice to have a social liberal but fiscally conservative candidate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Especially during stronger economic times, which have been predicted regardless of the victor. We will need to recover stimulus spending.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,185,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Thankfully, the nutcases like Palin, Bachmann, Perry, Cain, Santorum, etc. have likely flamed out.

Have no fear, the republicans keep a very deep bench.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Paradoxum

Liberty, Equality, Solidarity!
Sep 16, 2011
✟28,188.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
What do you think the chances are that Hillary Clinton will run?

Chris Christie seems like a normal reasonable sort of person, but I don't know much about him.

That seems a bit harsh on Ryan. His views may be wrong, but I'm not sure he is in the league of Palin. :p

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟373,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

That was the Republican Party 40-50 years ago. Folks like Nelson Rockefeller, Jacob Javits, Mark Hatfield, and Chuck Percy have all been purged. It's very sad. Dwight Eisenhower and even Richard Nixon would be called RINOs these days. :sigh:

Upvote 0

QuiltAngel

Veteran
Apr 10, 2006
Somewhere on planet earth
✟15,847.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Chris Christie seems like a normal reasonable sort of person, but I don't know much about him.

That seems a bit harsh on Ryan. His views may be wrong, but I'm not sure he is in the league of Palin. :p

Considering the thread asked about potential Republican candidates, I don't see Hiliary running for the Republicans. :D

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

He is more articulate then Palin, but much less accomplished.

Upvote 0