✟427,074.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
James 5:7
Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.

I have been going over the event sequence, and we now have the Latter Rain fully in our sights. Here is SOP...
"Before the work is closed up and the sealing of God's people is finished, we shall receive the outpouring of the Spirit of God. Angels from heaven will be in our midst.81Selected Messages 1:111.

Our heavenly Father claims not at our hands that which we cannot perform. He desires His people to labor earnestly to carry out His purpose for them. They are to pray for power, expect power, and receive power, that they may grow up into the full stature of men and women in Christ Jesus.

Not all members of the church are cultivating personal piety; therefore they do not understand their personal responsibility. They do not realize that it is their privilege and duty to reach the high standard of Christian perfection.... Are we looking forward to the latter rain, confidently hoping for a better day, when the church shall be endued with power from on high and thus fitted for work? The latter rain will never refresh and invigorate the indolent, who do not use the powers God has given them.

We are in great need of the pure, life-giving atmosphere that nurtures and invigorates the spiritual life. We need greater earnestness. The solemn message given us to give to the world is to be proclaimed with greater fervency, even with an intensity that will impress unbelievers, leading them to see that the Most High is working with us, that He is the source of our efficiency and strength....

Are you using all your powers in an effort to bring the lost sheep back to the fold? There are thousands upon thousands in ignorance who might be warned. Pray as you have never prayed before for the power of Christ. Pray for the inspiration of His Spirit, that you may be filled with a desire to save those who are perishing. Let the prayer ascend to heaven, ?God be merciful unto us, and bless us; and cause his face to shine upon us; that thy way may be known upon earth, thy saving health among all nations? (Psalm 67:1, 2).82In Heavenly Places, 338.

The Work of the Spirit Likened to Rain
?He will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain.? In the East the former rain falls at the sowing time. It is necessary in order that the seed may germinate. Under the influence of the fertilizing showers the tender shoot springs up. The latter rain, falling near the close of the season, ripens the grain and prepares it for the sickle. The Lord employs these operations of nature to represent the work of the Holy Spirit. [See Zechariah 10:1; Hosea 6:3; Joel 2:23, 28.]

As the dew and the rain are given first to cause the seed to germinate, and then to ripen the harvest, so the Holy Spirit is given to carry forward, from one stage to another, the process of spiritual growth. The ripening of the grain represents the completion of the work of God's grace in the soul. By the power of the Holy Spirit the moral image of God is to be perfected in the character. We are to be wholly transformed into the likeness of Christ.

The latter rain, ripening earth's harvest, represents the spiritual grace that prepares the church for the coming of the Son of man. But unless the former rain has fallen, there will be no life; the green blade will not spring up. Unless the early showers have done their work, the latter rain can bring no seed to perfection. Testimonies to Ministers and Gospel Workers, 506 (1897).

Reactions: Gary O'

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
where do you place the falling away then?

The Apostle Paul, in his second letter to the Thessalonians, foretold the great apostasy which would result in the establishment of the papal power. He declared that the day of Christ should not come, "except there come a falling away first

The Great Controversy, by Ellen G. White. Chapter 3:

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,074.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe I am not understanding the question, but we see in Thessalonians 2 where Paul told us when "falling away" and the 1260 years would begin. It was when the "restrainer" was removed.

So who was the restrainer of this antichrist? Nearly all early church fathers and early Protestant theologians agree that the restrainer was not the Jews at the fall of Jerusalem or a King. The restrainer that had to be removed before the arrival of that antichrist power was the Roman Empire. It began began to disintegrate in the late 4th and early 5th century as invasions overwhelmed the capacity of the Empire to govern and mount a coordinated defense and the Roman Caesar "restrainer" was being removed. The 1260 year period when the antichrist power would preside over the dark ages, with its persecution and inquisitions, etc began a little later in 538 AD after the Roman Empire and the Caesars ruling at Rome had collapsed to allow another power to come in and the eastern empire ruler Emperor Justinian issued his famous decree that made the Pope the legal "Head of all the Holy Churches". This began the prophesized reign of that antichrist with its false rites, sacrament's, and system of worship. Add 1260 years to 538 AD and we come out to 1798 AD, when this evil system ended.

We then see in 1798 AD, Napoleon's army under General Berthier entered Rome with his French troops and took down this antichrist power. The Papacy was abolished, the pontifical ring was removed, and the sitting Pope, Pope Pius VI was sent to France, where he died in exile.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
where do you place the falling away then?

The Apostle Paul, in his second letter to the Thessalonians, foretold the great apostasy which would result in the establishment of the papal power. He declared that the day of Christ should not come, "except there come a falling away first

The Great Controversy, by Ellen G. White. Chapter 3:
Many prophecies have muttiple fulfillments. That's how I see this one. There is the fulfillment of the dark ages. And then the restoration of God's word during the reformation. Then the restoration of papal power so that the "whole earth wondered after the beast". And then the final fulfillment of the second coming.

That's how I view this prophecy in a nutshell. I don't see a problem at all with what reddog has posted.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So you're not denying the SOP but you have none to quote in support of your position. I find that quite interesting. Somehow that doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in me.

Upvote 0

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟380,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I lost confidence in 3abn years ago with all their leadership scandals and they still have the same person at the top, So, if you have sources unrelated to that organization you'll have to give me some of them.

My study of the SOP confirms what reddog posted, and you seem to deny what the SOP has to say.

I tried watching this series when it came out, but I couldn't get through the first episode, because the woman kept going "Mmmm..." to everything that was said.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I tried watching this series when it came out, but I couldn't get through the first episode, because the woman kept going "Mmmm..." to everything that was said.
I watched 3abn regularly for years. I really enjoyed it too. And then the scandals started. What was worse to me was what I perceived as the death of spirituality.

Danny started bringing in non-SDA musicians and praising them, not their love of God, but for their "professionalism". A professional musician and someone who loves God are are not identical attributes, especially when these people were bringing in non-SDA theology and Danny would praise them for their points of view. The type of music changed a lot.

There are some other things Danny did that pointed to a big time problem with his judgement of right and wrong but I'm not comfortable talking about it in a public forum. All of these things taken together really changed my point of view of 3abn. I just no longer trusted where it's leadership was taking it.

We've been told that some of our brightest lights would go out, and that is what I see as having happened to 3abn. The shell is still there but to me the Spirit is gone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟380,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I watched 3abn regularly for years. I really enjoyed it too. And then the scandals started. What was worse to me was what I perceived as the death of spirituality.

Danny started bringing in non-SDA musicians and praising them, not their love of God, but for their "professionalism". A professional musician and someone who loves God are are not identical attributes, especially when these people were bringing in non-SDA theology and Danny would praise them for their points of view. The type of music changed a lot.

There are some other things Danny did that pointed to a big time problem with his judgement of right and wrong but I'm not comfortable talking about it in a public forum. All of these things taken together really changed my point of view of 3abn. I just no longer trusted where it's leadership was taking it.

We've been told that some of our brightest lights would go out, and that is what I see as having happened to 3abn. The shell is still there but to me the Spirit is gone.

The main thing is to not be discouraged. I'll be honest, I rarely, if ever, watch an official SDA network. There are so many SDA alternatives to be found on YouTube.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The main thing is to not be discouraged. I'll be honest, I rarely, if ever, watch an official SDA network. There are so many SDA alternatives to be found on YouTube.
I'm not discouraged. My faith is stronger than it ever has been. I also don't spend a whole lot of time with "official" Adventism. I do, however spend a lot of my time in study and in listening to speakers found on the American Christian Ministries website. There is a whole lot of good old fashioned SDA preaching there with sound theology. I've downloaded around 800 sermons from there and have yet to find bad theology or Jesus not being presented as the heart of the SDA message.

• Agree
Reactions: Freth
Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
As I was writing the above post I was wracking my brain trying to recall a speaker's name from the ACM site. I searched my catalogue of sermons and couldn't find it in there either. Somehow all his sermons had gotten deleted. So I wnt to the ACM site and found him using a subject matter search.

I would highly recommend Lewis Walton's sermons to you. One of his series of sermons about Jesus is spectacular. It is titled Rediscovering Calvary. I learned a whole lot in those sermons. Things I had never before known.

Upvote 0

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟380,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
As I was writing the above post I was wracking my brain trying to recall a speaker's name from the ACM site. I searched my catalogue of sermons and couldn't find it in there either. Somehow all his sermons had gotten deleted. So I wnt to the ACM site and found him using a subject matter search.

I would highly recommend Lewis Walton's sermons to you. One of his series of sermons about Jesus is spectacular. It is titled Rediscovering Calvary. I learned a whole lot in those sermons. Things I had never before known.

I'll check him out.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'll check him out.
You won't be disappointed. Walton also has a lot of end time prophecy sermons. His sermons on the omega deception are very good too. I haven't listened to one sermon that doesn't make me realize my lack of faith and my big time need of Jesus and the fruit of the Spirit in my life. For me they are exactly what I have needed. They wake me up, not put me to sleep.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It would be better if it only had Pastor Rafferty. The group is distracting.

• Agree
Reactions: Freth
Upvote 0