Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A few years ago, NASA senior space scientist David Morrison debunked an apocalyptic claim as a hoax.

No, there’s no such thing as a planet called Nibiru, he said. No, it’s not a brown dwarf surrounded by planets, as iterations of the claim suggest. No, it’s not on a collision course toward Earth. And yes, people should “get over it.”

But the claim has been getting renewed attention recently. Added to it is the precise date of the astronomical event leading to Earth’s destruction. And that, according to David Meade, is in six days — Sept. 23, 2017. Unsealed, an evangelical Christian publication, foretells the Rapture in a viral, four-minute YouTube video, complete with special effects and ominous doomsday soundtrack. It’s called “September 23, 2017: You Need to See This.”

The world as we know it is about to end — again — if you believe this biblical doomsday claim

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A few years ago, NASA senior space scientist David Morrison debunked an apocalyptic claim as a hoax.

No, there’s no such thing as a planet called Nibiru, he said. No, it’s not a brown dwarf surrounded by planets, as iterations of the claim suggest. No, it’s not on a collision course toward Earth. And yes, people should “get over it.”

But the claim has been getting renewed attention recently. Added to it is the precise date of the astronomical event leading to Earth’s destruction. And that, according to David Meade, is in six days — Sept. 23, 2017. Unsealed, an evangelical Christian publication, foretells the Rapture in a viral, four-minute YouTube video, complete with special effects and ominous doomsday soundtrack. It’s called “September 23, 2017: You Need to See This.”

The world as we know it is about to end — again — if you believe this biblical doomsday claim
Don't really know what this recent end times fad is tied to Holy Scriptures. Some sort of collision would end life as we know it on earth. Really does not give time for the build up of the exposure of the man of sin and many other yet to be fulfilled prophecy.

So I think the 23rd will be a lot of nothing.

I do believe we are seeing a lot of the cataclysmic birth pangs of war, famine , storms and fires. Not to mention earth quakes.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Don't really know what this recent end times fad is tied to Holy Scriptures. Some sort of collision would end life as we know it on earth. Really does not give time for the build up of the exposure of the man of sin and many other yet to be fulfilled prophecy.

So I think the 23rd will be a lot of nothing.

I do believe we are seeing a lot of the cataclysmic birth pangs of war, famine , storms and fires. Not to mention earth quakes.
Your probably right, I'm not exactly overwhelmed with the weight of evidence here. I kind of suspect something will happen with Israel but if it does it will come as a surprise, at least to me.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Rapture theories is a heavily twisted interpretation of scriptures.

The scriptures say a different thing. The meek will inherit the Earth, the wicked will be taken (raptured) as the flood swept away those who make it to Noah's Ark.

Then Earth will be restored to its former beauty and health before it was ravaged by man's greed.

The rapture is designated for the wicked.... To those who ravaged/polluted the Earth. To those who enriched themselves at the expense of Earth

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟836,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Rapture theories is a heavily twisted interpretation of scriptures.

The scriptures say a different thing. The meek will inherit the Earth, the wicked will be taken (raptured) as the flood swept away those who make it to Noah's Ark.

Then Earth will be restored to its former beauty and health before it was ravaged by man's greed.

The rapture is designated for the wicked.... To those who ravaged/polluted the Earth. To those who enriched themselves at the expense of Earth
I must admit I've never heard this version before.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I must admit I've never heard this version before.

One of the most quoted verses of rapture believers use Matthew 24:40-41

Ironically, the verses before it changes the context entirely.

Not to mention, who were those the angels gathered from the Earth to throw into the winepress of God's Wrath in Revelation 14? Obviously, the wicked.

The wicked are always taken (off the Earth) just like the inhabitants of Sodom. The righteous remain on Earth and the Earth restored (with the greedy people removed) as the inheritance of the righteous.

The Kingdom of God is among you, it isn't out there....beyond Earth. People can easily get carried away by the hype and wonders of outer space, completely missing the point.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟836,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
But they're destroyed on the earth. The elect are the ones put into protection while the wicked die on earth through God's wrath. That's what I've always been taught about the rapture. We're caught up into God's protection (like the Ark) while God's wrath is poured out on the earth, this time with fire. Yeah, they die, but not necessarily taken off the earth. The bones of the wicked are still under our feet.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
But they're destroyed on the earth. The elect are the ones put into protection while the wicked die on earth through God's wrath. That's what I've always been taught about the rapture. We're caught up into God's protection (like the Ark) while God's wrath is poured out on the earth, this time with fire. Yeah, they die, but not necessarily taken off the earth. The bones of the wicked are still under our feet.

The righteous will be able to stand in the face of God's judgement. We will meet it head on.

No escape, we'll have to face it. It will be the trial of the ages :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

Think of what a rapture really does. Jesus comes back and gathers
the dead believers and kills the live ones. As the dead are useless
for anything until after judgment day, what would he do with them?
And who would convert and teach new believers?

Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.
Read 2 Kings 6:8-23

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums