small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
The first haka that I ever saw in person was in the sanctuary of my parish church. It was performed by the sons of our pastor who had just returned from a two year pulpit exchange in New Zealand (Tamuranui??). Since then I have seen videos of hakas done in other venues. The one that impressed me most was a haka at the funeral of soldier who had been killed in Afghanistan. As a veteran myself, I have never seen a finer tribute to a fallen comrade. Yes, it does evoke emotion but emotion has its place in the human condition.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In New Zealand before Rugby matches, the players do a traditional tribal dance. Im shocked that a Christian country should allow its national sports stars to do pagan ritual dances.

Can you imagine the US national basketball team performing a pagan ritual on court before a game? Disgusting.

How can we help the people of New Zealand?
1st @Rocky4GOD there is NO "Christian Nations" no nation runs solely on the word of god exercising faith in God . but "some " still have a high percentage of people which vaguely adhere to judeo christian principles . though most are just by religious sunday observance and little else .

So new Zealand is certainly not a Christian nation.
2ndly the haka is indeed of purley pagan origin , much like halloween and 25 december xmas . oh dear what can we do to help those Americans ??(tongue in cheek )

some new Zealanders will jump up and down and defend the haka being preformed in church settings but imo it has no place there either . there has been a trend over the last 20-30 years to incorporate all kinds of culturalism into Christianity but this is just a religious distraction . any one who is born again of the holy Spirit knows we are no longer a "part" of THIS world . we are citizens of heaven and ar to take on the culture of heaven . this holding on to earthen culture is a sign of lack of true repentance - but i digress .

to say what can you do to help little insignificant New zealand over their little pride filed pagan challenge they give other teams is like saying how can we help "Asia " they have idols ..
i mean come on .
Ours is not to help nations get things how we want them .. ours is to repent of our SIN and obey the gospel then preach the gospel so that more people may be saved . God is going to over throw ALL the kingdoms of the world including the USA & little new zealand with ALL their culture and pride .

-im born and raised new zelander in the flesh - born again disciple of the lord JEsus in the Spirit ..to live after the flesh is sin and death to live after the holy Spirit -is righteousness and life

Upvote 0