Is The New Zealand Haka Demonic? Pagan Ritual Dance At Events

Rocky4GOD

Oct 21, 2011
✟15,132.00
Faith
Anabaptist
In New Zealand before Rugby matches, the players do a traditional tribal dance. Im shocked that a Christian country should allow its national sports stars to do pagan ritual dances.

Can you imagine the US national basketball team performing a pagan ritual on court before a game? Disgusting.

How can we help the people of New Zealand?

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,830.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
1: We are a largely secular nation.
2: The Maori people's culture is a rich one, deserving of being shared.
3: What exactly is your problem?

I agree, the Maori tribe is fascinating. We had a Maori pastor visit our church about ten years ago and he taught us the Haka, it was really cool. It's primarily a war cry, it's religious implications are more myth than anything else.

The idea that "we need to make the world like us" (e.g. "we need to make the world more westernized, more Americanized, etc.) is an archaic and ignorant one. We need to celebrate the various cultures in the world, and that can be accomplished while simultaneously retaining a Christian identity. Culture and Christianity aren't mutually exclusive.

Upvote 0

Rocky4GOD

Oct 21, 2011
✟15,132.00
Faith
Anabaptist
1: We are a largely secular nation.
2: The Maori people's culture is a rich one, deserving of being shared.
3: What exactly is your problem?

1. That's terrible. NZ should be a Christian country like the good ole US of A. If you guys believed in GOD a little more over there I'm sure you'd get less earthquakes.

2. Our forebares stamped out pagan tribes in Europe and then here in the US. You guys need to do the same otherwise you will never be one nation under GOD.

3. I am pro-Christian. I don't think national sports teams should be indulging in pagan rituals before games. :amen:

Upvote 0

Rocky4GOD

Oct 21, 2011
✟15,132.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I agree, the Maori tribe is fascinating. We had a Maori pastor visit our church about ten years ago and he taught us the Haka, it was really cool. It's primarily a war cry, it's religious implications are more myth than anything else.

The idea that "we need to make the world like us" (e.g. "we need to make the world more westernized, more Americanized, etc.) is an archaic and ignorant one. We need to celebrate the various cultures in the world, and that can be accomplished while simultaneously retaining a Christian identity. Culture and Christianity aren't mutually exclusive.

I'm a Christian and a patriot. I support out troops out fighting pagans across the world. USA, USA, Whoop, Whoop.

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟591,618.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Poe's law, named after its author Nathan Poe, is an Internet adage reflecting the fact that without a clear indication of the author's intent, it is difficult or impossible to tell the difference between sincere extremism and an exaggerated parody of extremism.

Source: Wikipedia

Upvote 0

Rocky4GOD

Oct 21, 2011
✟15,132.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Poe's law, named after its author Nathan Poe, is an Internet adage reflecting the fact that without a clear indication of the author's intent, it is difficult or impossible to tell the difference between sincere extremism and an exaggerated parody of extremism.

Source: Wikipedia

Ah, thanks. I'd never heard of that before. Seems sensible. I wouldn't consider myself an extremist though. I am a very committed Christian but don't have any extreme views.

I think its worth pointing out though that both Tonga and Samoa both have their own pagan dance rituals before Rugby matches. Lots of dancing and summoning the 'gods'.

NZ may be a predominantly Christian country but these two minor island nations are still inhabited by animalistic/shaman types. Surely that can't be right 2011 years after Christ's birth?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rocky4GOD

Oct 21, 2011
✟15,132.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Don't you have semi-naked girls dancing before your football matches there in the US?

Yes but thats not pagan. They are good Christian girls having fun. Nothing wrong with that. On the other hand, a bunch of New Zealander invoking animal spirits and demons is a different bag, my man.

Upvote 0

lancey

NZ follower of JESUS
May 8, 2011
Gladstone QLD Australia
✟7,864.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here's how you help. First you pull the log out of your own eye so that you can see the spec in your brothers eye clear enough to pull it out too.
I am Maori and I don't do the haka because I used to and I know what it does when you do it properly. You get filled with what I believe is a demonic spirit that numbs you to any other feeling but war. It's absolutely savage and it takes a few hours for the Wairua (spirit) to wear off you.
I believe my people have been deceived throughout the centuries by the devil only. Not man.
Our culture is based on Mana which to me if you break it down is honor. But the enemy has skewed it and turned it into Pride!
We all know that got hates pride as pride was the beginning of all sin.
The Lord is moving and in 2016 more and more Maori are coming to know the truth and are being set free. It is heart warming to see the lies exposed and all these warriors laying down the weapons of evil and putting on the armour of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DawnStar

Pragmatist
Nov 27, 2014
✟37,814.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
1. That's terrible. NZ should be a Christian country like the good ole US of A. If you guys believed in GOD a little more over there I'm sure you'd get less earthquakes.

2. Our forebares stamped out pagan tribes in Europe and then here in the US. You guys need to do the same otherwise you will never be one nation under GOD.

3. I am pro-Christian. I don't think national sports teams should be indulging in pagan rituals before games. :amen:
Troll.

• Agree
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

meladelle

Jan 9, 2017
Texas
✟8,122.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here's how you help. First you pull the log out of your own eye so that you can see the spec in your brothers eye clear enough to pull it out too.
I am Maori and I don't do the haka because I used to and I know what it does when you do it properly. You get filled with what I believe is a demonic spirit that numbs you to any other feeling but war. It's absolutely savage and it takes a few hours for the Wairua (spirit) to wear off you.
I believe my people have been deceived throughout the centuries by the devil only. Not man.
Our culture is based on Mana which to me if you break it down is honor. But the enemy has skewed it and turned it into Pride!
We all know that got hates pride as pride was the beginning of all sin.
The Lord is moving and in 2016 more and more Maori are coming to know the truth and are being set free. It is heart warming to see the lies exposed and all these warriors laying down the weapons of evil and putting on the armour of God.
Thank you so much for your post! I was searching on this topic because I have seen a number of haka recently ... A wedding haka and the All Blacks and they gave me chills and made me very emotional. Part of me believed that there were spirits behind it that were not of God but at the same time, it was mesmerizing to watch.. Thanks for speaking the truth in love.

Upvote 0