The New Revised Bibles, Fines, Prison and Closed Megachurches...?

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
How did you come to that conclusion? He doesn't say "You are My Lord and my God.". He could have meant it as an exclamation, like we say nowadays "My God!" when we see something that surprises us.

Well if you want to interprit it that way then so be it.. But how shall you interpret the following exchange?

John 14:
7 "If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. {8} Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. {9} Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?"

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,730.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
How did you come to that conclusion? He doesn't say "You are My Lord and my God.". He could have meant it as an exclamation, like we say nowadays "My God!" when we see something that surprises us.
If it were so, knowing a saying of the Hebrews from Thomas would be useful for correction... but the Gospel is a summary. It does not have pointless detail. Also Jesus goes on to say after Thomas, that he has believed, just after touching Jesus.

Upvote 0