The New Revised Bibles, Fines, Prison and Closed Megachurches...?

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Weren't people more, like, very grateful to Him? I'm not sure if gratitude is the same as worship.

Yes, they were grateful. And they worshipped him. The two are not the same; they did both.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,603.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
What makes you think any of that is possible, let alone likely?
Much lesser problems arise in reality, at least so far. I was deliberately exaggerating. The end times NT verses tell us of a time when people will not tolerate sound doctrine, so I look ahead.

Am I being judgmental for others to be judging me?

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,603.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
What happens if people only worship a human defined Jesus, who echoes their own bigotry, and are not touched by grace?
Who is doing this or are you judging me, and by what means?

The times mentioned in the letters when sound doctrine would not be tolerated could be starting now, since central to our faith I Thessalonians 4:1-8. is honour and holiness, not fornicating, not being lovers outside marriage. I read and heard that in Canada people who disagree with LGBTI are called bigots and instead of freedom of speech they are being silenced and treated aggression and unfairly. A father was not allowed to take his child out of radical schooling.

It seems some people will protest to an effort to use foresight for a deliberately exaggerated scenario. There is nothing wrong with foresight.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,603.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Where does the Gospel tell us to make up a bleak future and then wallow in it?
The Gospel in part is prophetic, not sure about wallowing in it. The Gospels are short books and do not detail everything.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,603.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
As of 2016, Christianity with 47.9 million (58.3%) members is the largest religion in Germany, with the Protestant Evangelical Church in Germany (EKD) comprising 26.5% of the population and Roman Catholicism comprising 28.5%. Consequently, a majority of the German people belong to a Christian community, although many of them take no active part in church life. About 1.9-2.7%% of the population is Orthodox Christian.

Independent and congregational churches exist in all larger towns and many smaller ones, but most such churches are small. One of these is the confessional Lutheran Church called Independent Evangelical-Lutheran Church in Germany.

Numbers tend to tell a different story there.
I meant the work of the Allied forces to overcome the dictatorship that ended in 1944. The 55 million I mentioned are Africans for the most part and So the Pastor demonstrates non racism.

Upvote 0

Targaryen

Scripture,Tradition and Reason
Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
I meant the work of the Allied forces to overcome the dictatorship that ended in 1944. The 55 million I mentioned are Africans for the most part and So the Pastor demonstrates non racism.

Huh? How did Africa suddenly become part of Germany and how did we also suddenly go backward 73 years to 1944?

And if you want to use that as a terrible point. Look up the Confessing Church and names like Dietrich Bonhoeffer. There were Germans that resisted in World War II, and maintained their faith even during the height of the Fascist regime there.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,603.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Huh? How did Africa suddenly become part of Germany and how did we also suddenly go backward 73 years to 1944?

And if you want to use that as a terrible point. Look up the Confessing Church and names like Dietrich Bonhoeffer. There were Germans that resisted in World War II, and maintained their faith even during the height of the Fascist regime there.
Why is that a terrible, point?

CFAN went on mission to Africa. CFAN comes from Germany. CFAN would not exist unless Allied forces overcame the dictatorship that ended so long ago.

Upvote 0

Targaryen

Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
What does CFAN have to do with this statement you made:

It took work for Christianity to survive Germany!

Africa is not Germany. Also the 55 millions Africans... The Catholic church could claim more then that, what does this have to do with Christianity dying in Germany itself, or even that, the topic of your OP in general?

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,603.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
What does CFAN have to do with this statement you made:

Africa is not Germany. Also the 55 millions Africans... The Catholic church could claim more then that, what does this have to do with Christianity dying in Germany itself, or even that, the topic of your OP in general?
CFAN is the mission started by a German missionary, he went to Africa and made millions of converts to Christ through evangelism. Were it not for the work done of Allied soldiers, this mission would not have happened. The key word mention is work. Missions can be stopped unless we 'work' at the cause.

Upvote 0

Targaryen

Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
CFAN is the mission started by a German missionary, he went to Africa and made millions of converts to Christ through evangelism. Were it not for the work done of Allied soldiers, this mission would not have happened. The key word mention is work. Missions can be stopped unless we 'work' at the cause.

You didn't read my question at all did you?

So you're here to proselytize, not debate or even learn,huh?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,603.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
You didn't read my question at all did you?

So you're here to proselytize, not debate or even learn,huh?
I did not claim the church in Germany folded up completely at any stage. I am talking about missions and working for them. And evangelism and not proselytizing. I am not here trying in this thread or this forum to proselytize. I am interested in Christian unity in these troubled times.

Upvote 0

Targaryen

Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
There are loads of missions going on all over the world. That goes hand in hand with the gospel, and there is unity in the church. Disagreements are not signs of fracture or the church dying as you seemed to try to play at with your OP. and frankly your OP was less about unity as it was proselytizing a certain message. One that kinda contradicts the Great Commandments.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,603.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
There are loads of missions going on all over the world. That goes hand in hand with the gospel, and there is unity in the church. Disagreements are not signs of fracture or the church dying as you seemed to try to play at with your OP. and frankly your OP was less about unity as it was proselytizing a certain message. One that kinda contradicts the Great Commandments.
You mean to love God with all my mind, heart soul and strength, and my neighbour as myself? Fornicating harms the sinner, myself as well as others, so I am against it. I do not mean to proselytize people to an ideology, freedom... It was not my first intent, I would prefer to persuade or debate. I wanted to ask people what they would do if the Gospel was out of season, as Jesus said.

I reworded my OP.

Upvote 0

Targaryen

Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
You are forgetting in the very next breath when you speak about "fornication" loving your neighbor as yourself.

the Gospel is not out of season but I don't think your ideology can be described as keeping the Gospel in season either.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,603.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
You are forgetting in the very next breath when you speak about "fornication" loving your neighbor as yourself.

the Gospel is not out of season but I don't think your ideology can be described as keeping the Gospel in season either.
Fornication can really hurt people, some call it love. Pity the meaning of charity, in English changed. I suppose being forthright about fornication is considered unkind?

I suppose my OP does not then help the non believers appreciate the Gospel. I would not post this thread for non Christians to read.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,603.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Getting back to my OP, the church has struggles in places like China and India, but what about us westerners, what do we do if there is persecution? Jesus said there would be and Peter also. "The time is coming when they will not tolerate sound doctrine."

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,603.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,603.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I wouldn't talk about Christ when your looking to persecute others.
I am not looking to persecute others.
Some replies have made me feel judged and disliked.

Upvote 0