• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Featured The New Revised Bibles, Fines, Prison and Closed Megachurches...?

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by GoldenKingGaze, Sep 19, 2017.

1. A_Thinker

A_Thinker Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,220
    Christian
    Married
    I have no doubt that homosexuals are aware that most of the rest of the world is not approving of their behavior.

Christians should be able to do better than simply reaffirming that.

2. A_Thinker

+5,220
    Christian
    Married
    Help me to think that through, please ...

3. Targaryen

Targaryen Scripture,Tradition and Reason

+536
    Canada
    Anglican
    Single
    CA-NDP
    From the wikipedia:

Munchausen syndrome is a factitious disorder wherein those affected feign disease, illness, or psychological trauma to draw attention, sympathy, or reassurance to themselves. Munchausen syndrome fits within the subclass of factitious disorder with predominantly physical signs and symptoms, but patients also have a history of recurrent hospitalization, travelling, and dramatic, extremely improbable tales of their past experiences. The condition derives its name from Baron Munchausen.

4. GoldenKingGaze

GoldenKingGaze Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.

+320
    Australia
    Pentecostal
    Single
    AU-Liberals
    There is a missionary from Germany who boasts 55 million received Christ in his altar calls, excluding some who did not fill their cards out correctly. Mostly in Africa. It took work for Christianity to survive Germany!
    Christ for all Nations

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  5. Targaryen

+536
    Canada
    Anglican
    Single
    CA-NDP
    As of 2016, Christianity with 47.9 million (58.3%) members is the largest religion in Germany, with the Protestant Evangelical Church in Germany (EKD) comprising 26.5% of the population and Roman Catholicism comprising 28.5%. Consequently, a majority of the German people belong to a Christian community, although many of them take no active part in church life. About 1.9-2.7%% of the population is Orthodox Christian.

Independent and congregational churches exist in all larger towns and many smaller ones, but most such churches are small. One of these is the confessional Lutheran Church called Independent Evangelical-Lutheran Church in Germany.

Numbers tend to tell a different story there.

6. AlexDTX

AlexDTX Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,693
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    I am having trouble believing that those who denounce biblical sins have mega churches. Mega churches tend to be filled with preachers scratching itchy ears.

It seems you are posing a rhetorical question to see who stands for the secular influence on the Church and who stands for the biblical truth.

There are many who will be persecuted for speaking biblical truth not because of the truth they speak but the obnoxious manner they speak the truth.

Truth never hurts. What hurts are lies exposed by the truth. True persecution comes because truth spoken in love still exposes the lies. So to answer your question, I take the path of the martyr by speaking the truth in love.

7. Ken Rank

Ken Rank Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,406
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    :)

Munchausen is a condition in which a person, without using excuses to avoid their responsibilities, acts as if they have an illness by deliberately producing, feigning, or exaggerating symptoms, purely to attain a patient's role (read - seeks undeserved sympathy).

I think >>SOME<< Christians cry persecution and or at least envision it as being aimed at them when that isn't the case at all. So, in a SENSE, I think my statement is accurate.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Adstar

Adstar Well-Known Member

+1,345
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Men worshiped Jesus on multiple occasions during his ministry.. Jesus never reprimanded them for worshiping Him.. Why? Because when they where worshiping Him they where Worshiping God.. Because God and Jesus are One..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. A_Thinker

+5,220
    Christian
    Married
    Thank-you ... I tend to agree with you on this ...

10. GoldenKingGaze

GoldenKingGaze Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.

+320
    Australia
    Pentecostal
    Single
    AU-Liberals
    Judging others?

11. Instrument150

Instrument150 Active Member

+157
    United States
    Messianic
    Widowed
    As with all things, there is some truth in it.

In the sense that Jesus doesn't condemn the homosexual anymore than He condemns the man who speaks a single idle word without a repentant heart. Anyone who speaks otherwise, is an abomination.

But .... The Bible also says that you should agree with your enemy quickly when you are in the way with him, unless he deliver you up to the court.

So that being said ... you don't have to SAY that being gay is good. If asked the question, you can answer, "I believe that my Lord Jesus is able and willing to forgive ALL sin." and leave it at that.

And keep in mind, preachers, that "The Gospel Truth" is not that gay people are going to hell. "The Gospel Truth" is that God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that the world might be saved through Him.

Preach and show the love of Jesus, and no prison will find you, at least for now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. Targaryen

+536
    Canada
    Anglican
    Single
    CA-NDP
    that and thinking the church is under attack or that society is lost....on and on. Basically, your hypothesis being an example of Christian Munchausen's

13. Lucian Hodoboc

Lucian Hodoboc Active Member

+379
    Romania
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Weren't people more, like, very grateful to Him? I'm not sure if gratitude is the same as worship.

14. Targaryen

+536
    Canada
    Anglican
    Single
    CA-NDP
    Source: Does the Bible describe Jesus being worshiped?

Question: "Does the Bible describe Jesus being worshiped?"

Answer:
    Worship means “reverence paid to a divine being.” If Jesus was offered and accepted worship, then by doing so He was confirming His divinity. This is important because there are those who deny the deity of Christ, relegating Him instead to a lesser position than God. Yes, Jesus accepted worship. As the second Person of the Trinity, He was and still is worshiped.

From the beginning of Jesus’ life, we see examples of Him being worshiped. As soon as the Magi laid eyes on the infant Christ, “they bowed down and worshiped Him” (Matthew 2:11). The Bible records the initial response Jesus received when He made His triumphal entry into Jerusalem: “So they took branches of palm trees and went out to meet him, crying out, ‘Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord, even the King of Israel!’” (Matthew 21:9; John 12:13) The word hosanna is a plea for salvation and an expression of adoration. This word used by the crowd is definitely a form of worship.

Just after Jesus amazed the disciples by walking on water, “those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, ‘Truly you are the Son of God’” (Matthew 14:33). Two more memorable examples of Jesus accepting worship occurred just after His resurrection. Some of the women (Matthew 21:1; Mark 16:1; Luke 24:10) were on their way to tell the disciples of the resurrection when Jesus met them on their way. When they realized it was He, they “came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him” (Matthew 28:9).

Then there is the case of Thomas, who didn't believe Jesus had risen from the dead despite the other disciples’ testifying to that fact. It had been about a week since the resurrection, and Thomas still doubted it. Jesus, knowing Thomas doubted, appeared to him and showed him the nail marks in His hands and feet and the wound in His side. How did Thomas respond? “Thomas said to him, ‘My Lord and my God!’” (John 20:28). In none of these instances do we see Jesus telling those worshiping Him to stop, as did mere men and even angels who were being worshiped wrongly by others (Acts 10:25–26; Revelation 19:9–10).

We continue to offer worship to Jesus today by offering ourselves to Him as a living sacrifice—offering ourselves to God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to do with as He sees fit (Romans 12:1–2). Jesus said, “God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth” (John 4:24). We worship God in spirit and truth by obedience to His commands. Worship is not solely about bowing to Jesus, throwing palm branches at His feet, or singing and shouting about our love for Him. Worship is about knowing Him, communing with Him, serving Him, and trusting in Him.

15. Ken Rank

Ken Rank Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,406
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    First of all, it was a joke.. to a point anyway. Second, I can give you scores of verses that directly tell you to judge. In fact, you judged my reply and then responded based on your judgement. That isn't wrong... being able to judge and see the need for correction or rebuke is our duty. What we are not to do is judge unto condemnation... we do not have the right nor the ability (or authority) to determine where one's eternal destination rests.

16. frienden thalord

frienden thalord Well-Known Member

+1,687
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Sadly many already do. IF the church even makes you seem in error for asking these questions.
    Then already we see what Christ said would come to pass nigh the end.
    We will be betrayed by many. AND MANY who do so will think they do this
    all inlusive no correction gods will when they do so.
    Sadly for years not only has the world been prepared to come against the true lambs
    that wont compromise the true gospel, So too are the churches .
    I see this very clearly. The times you speak of , the mindset is alrady in many churches.
    it will take nothing for men to persuade them to come against what they deem as haters.
    Big warning . Jesus warned us, beware of false prophets , beware of many who come in his name
    yet shall deceive many. When a person cannot even come and speak the truth
    to those in the church without being made to seem as they are in some kind of error.
    Then know delusion is filling many now. And it is all about world peace , world unity
    world inclusion . and anyone who dares to remind us about sin and error,
    about being Holy as HE is holy, about The dire need to preach repentance and Faith in
    ONLY Christ , are seen more and more as haters and errounous and that to many in churches.
    When a false JESUS is preached and not the true one and most just love it
    then understand a delusion is being poured down and most are going under it.
    We will be betrayed . And just LIKE JESUS
    was betrayed by one who in pretense followed Him. Don't be suprised
    when many who in pretense follow him, betray the true church.
    We running out of time. So fear not man. Preach the true gospel
    be grave , be serious , be compassionate , but never conform to what
    many in churches are even conforming too.
    The gospel preached today, leaves many in sin, FEELING saved , but they are not.
    Keep on warning , never stop, for if we love all, then we desire life for all
    SO wepreach the TRUE JESUS no matter what it costs us . See it as gain only
    no matter what we have to suffer for Christ .

17. frienden thalord

frienden thalord Well-Known Member

+1,687
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I see no fear in the one who sent this. Usually when ones say I fear when I warn
    it is because what I said made them have fear of what is coming.
    Ps. Many are not spreading love , nor teaching True love.
    True love desires none to perish. How can leaving one in sin be love , when the end of sin is death.
    IF we have not LOVE then we have NOT CHRIST and it matters not what we did.
    SO we better KNOW the love that comes from GOD and not what the world says is love.
    Charity does not rejoice in inquity , nor behave itself unseemingly
    so any who does so , is not saved and if we don't warn them. WHERE is our LOVE.
    certainly not from GOD , we just love as does the WORLD.
    Remember charity does not BEHAVE itself UNSEEMINGLY.
    ever heard that word UNSEEMINGLY .
    here lets read romans chapter ONE. For this cause God gavethem over to vile
    affections , even the woman left the natural even the men too, burned
    in lust one towards another man with man Working that which is Unseemingly.

18. Catherineanne

Catherineanne Well-Known Member

+4,395
    United Kingdom
    Anglican
    Widowed
    What makes you think any of that is possible, let alone likely?

19. Catherineanne

+4,395
    United Kingdom
    Anglican
    Widowed
    What happens if people only worship a human defined Jesus, who echoes their own bigotry, and are not touched by grace?

20. Catherineanne

+4,395
    United Kingdom
    Anglican
    Widowed
    Where does the Gospel tell us to make up a bleak future and then wallow in it?