Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sometimes in the trials of everyday life, we need to take a step aside to gain perspective and to be encouraged.

Scripture says:

“For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us” (Romans 8:18).

This life comes into better focus when we consider our eternal home. This world in which we live in every day and what we see every day, will one day be changed by God. What we will live in then will be beyond anything we can imagine for God Himself will be the architect of our dwelling place. The Bible teaches we will one day live in a glorious city called the New Jerusalem. Its size is mind-boggling.

“And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal” (Revelation 21:16).

Now, for some arithmetic for the size of the New Jerusalem, take a peek at this:

Let’s compute the size of the New Jerusalem. Some translators say the 12,000 furlongs are 1500 miles, others 1400 miles. Let’s go with the lesser.

There are generally two geometric shapes that fit that description: a cube, and a pyramid. A pyramid has exactly 1/3 the volume of a cube. Let’s go with a pyramid.

Its size, then, is 1400 miles x 1400 miles x 1400 miles x 1/3, which equals (in rounded numbers) 915,000,000 cubic miles.

Now, let’s try and put that into perspective. A 2-1/2 bedroom apartment is about 30,000 cubic feet. Jesus said, in My Father’s house are many mansions. So, for a figure to play with, let’s assume that my mansion is 33 times larger than that apartment, giving me a mansion with 82-1/2 rooms, or about 1,000,000 (1 million) cubic feet.

How many mansions, at 1,000,000 cubic feet, will fit into the New Jerusalem?

Well, we have to convert from cubic miles to cubic feet. In one cubic mile, there are 5280 x 5280 x 5280, or 147,197,952,000 cubic feet. Now, when you multiple that many cubic feet times the cubic miles in the New Jerusalem as a pyramid, you get (take a breath here, folks!):

134 quintillion, 637 quadrillion, 60 trillion, 96 billion cubic feet (134,637,060,096,000,000,000 cubic feet).

Divide this by 1,000,000 cubic feet for EACH mansion, and you get:
134,637,060,096,000 mansions.

That’s 134 TRILLION, 637 BILLION, 60 MILLION, 96 THOUSAND mansions.

That’s some serious real estate.

Even if every person who ever lived (say, 100 billion) were able to enter into the New Jerusalem to live there, it would be mostly empty space, with 0.0009% being used for the mansions we’d be living in, and 99.9991% unoccupied.

The largest home in America is the Biltmore Estate. Located near Asheville, North Carolina, America’s largest privately owned home was built by George W. Vanderbilt, heir to the steamship and railroad tycoon, Cornelius Vanderbilt, his grandfather.

Consisting of 250 rooms and 175,000 square feet, the estate was opened on Christmas Eve in 1895 following nearly six years of construction. From the original 125,000 acres of property, about 87,000 acres were sold to the U.S. Government that is today part of Pisgah National Forest.

Some Quick Facts:
65 fireplaces
35 bedrooms
43 bathrooms
16 chimneys
250 acres of landscaped gardens

Now, as impressive as the Biltmore Estate is, I suspect that God’s idea of a mansion is a LOT bigger than my example of 1,000,000 cubic feet or even the Biltmore Estate. Let’s say my heavenly mansion was 1000 times bigger than my 1,000,000 cubic feet example (at a mere 82.5 rooms), so that my mansion has 82,500 rooms (about 330 times the size of the Biltmore mansion!).

Then the New Jerusalem would still be about 99.1% unoccupied! This is assuming the New Jerusalem is a pyramid, not a cube. It should be noted that in the days of Moses, the Holy of Holies was a cube, so there is some possible support for the New Jerusalem being a cube; if so, then that would TRIPLE the number of mansions shown above!

How great is God, and how unsearchable His ways! As the Scripture says,

“But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him” (1 Corinthians 2:9).

So when the trials and stress of this life start getting us down, let’s remember that this life is not all there is, that we have a glorious future awaiting us that we can hardly even comprehend.

“Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from
God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying.

There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away. Then He who sat on the throne said, ‘Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.’ And He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts” (Revelation 21:2).

By Paul Kocourek

Quasar92

Faith Alone 1 Cor 15:1-4

Aug 2, 2017
Heaven
✟12,836.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1) Most of these mansions will be empty :C there was mansion for everybody but not everybody is here.
2)There will be even more empty space for mansions Revelation 21:18 . Pure gold city but you can see through it like glass what ? We dealing with more than 3 dimensions here , when Jesus came in his resurrected body , he could walk into house with shut doors , he had more dimensions .
We know that at rapture we will get glorified body , but these bodies will be able to see Jesus as he is 1 John 3:2. To be able to see 3d object you need to live in 3d , to be able to see Jesus as he is real you need to live in however dimension he lives .
So this city might be even better than we can imagine , because John was unable to describe what he really seen , same as he was unable to even describe Jesus , he said his eyes were like a flame of fire , he just did not have words to describe them because these things don't exist in our reality .

If God created so many planets and they are uninhabited just so they are here and look nice , how much more would God create for his own people that love him ?

Edit.
Forgot that maybe there will be more people in these mansions that i though.
1000 Year kingdom with limitless food , people living as long as Adam did , and no wars and no sin might be that people will multiply like rabbits here :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Haipule

Jun 20, 2017
Honokawai, Maui HI
✟32,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1) Most of these mansions will be empty :C there was mansion for everybody but not everybody is here.
2)There will be even more empty space for mansions Revelation 21:18 . Pure gold city but you can see through it like glass what ? We dealing with more than 3 dimensions here , when Jesus came in his resurrected body , he could walk into house with shut doors , he had more dimensions .
We know that at rapture we will get glorified body , but these bodies will be able to see Jesus as he is 1 John 3:2. To be able to see 3d object you need to live in 3d , to be able to see Jesus as he is real you need to live in however dimension he lives .
So this city might be even better than we can imagine , because John was unable to describe what he really seen , same as he was unable to even describe Jesus , he said his eyes were like a flame of fire , he just did not have words to describe them because these things don't exist in our reality .

If God created so many planets and they are uninhabited just so they are here and look nice , how much more would God create for his own people that love him ?

Edit.
Forgot that maybe there will be more people in these mansions that i though.
1000 Year kingdom with limitless food , people living as long as Adam did , and no wars and no sin might be that people will multiply like rabbits here :)
At my last count, there are 11 dimensions theorized by physicists. If we go into vacuum mechanics, densities and Law of Vibration: it's overwhelming.

Yes, Jesus could just "appear" in a room. Yet, considering what you said, that is natural or, nature.

Could we learn how to do that as well? Since it is nature? I think so and I'm working on it!

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
At my last count, there are 11 dimensions theorized by physicists. If we go into vacuum mechanics, densities and Law of Vibration: it's overwhelming.

Yes, Jesus could just "appear" in a room. Yet, considering what you said, that is natural or, nature.

Could we learn how to do that as well? Since it is nature? I think so and I'm working on it!

There are four spatial dimensions given in the verse below.

Eph 3:18  may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— 

As usual, the Bible is ahead of physicists.

Upvote 0

Haipule

Jun 20, 2017
Honokawai, Maui HI
✟32,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There are four spatial dimensions given in the verse below.

Eph 3:18  may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— 

As usual, the Bible is ahead of physicists.

Yes but, the four dimensions are height, length depth, and time. 3D is height, length, depth.

A TV is 2D. We can see them but, they cannot see us. Jesus is outside 3D and can both see and hear us but, we cannot see or hear Him. He could be standing right next to you and you would not be able to see or hear Him. Well, that's comforting to me.

5D is the ability to traverse time forwards and back. Cool stuff!

The bible is not a scientific book. But, Paul said that we will know Him by what He has made. I keep looking at what He has made and I'll only tell you this much, GOD IS BIG!

I'll say this much: the bible states that a collection of prisons known as "Hades" presently exists under one of the rivers of Iraq, the Tigris or Euphrates, I do not recall. I don't doubt that but can understand that it probably exists dimensionally beyond our ability to observe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes but, the four dimensions are height, length depth, and time. 3D is height, length, depth.

A TV is 2D. We can see them but, they cannot see us. Jesus is outside 3D and can both see and hear us but, we cannot see or hear Him. He could be standing right next to you and you would not be able to see or hear Him. Well, that's comforting to me.

5D is the ability to traverse time forwards and back. Cool stuff!

The bible is not a scientific book. But, Paul said that we will know Him by what He has made. I keep looking at what He has made and I'll only tell you this much, GOD IS BIG!

I'll say this much: the bible states that a collection of prisons known as "Hades" presently exists under one of the rivers of Iraq, the Tigris or Euphrates, I do not recall. I don't doubt that but can understand that it probably exists dimensionally beyond our ability to observe.

Upvote 0

FIRESTORM314

Site Supporter
Feb 20, 2018
The Shires
✟197,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

The dimensions of the city are not to be taken literally as being the dimensions of of a city. This can be proved by working out the volume of the city ( since it's a cube ). Then work out the volume of a typical room and do some simple math's to find out how many rooms would fit in the city.

With a 50 meter cube room ( size of a small hotel for each person ) the city would fit about
8.514 x10^13 rooms ( approx 8.5 thousand billion rooms ) With a current population of 7 billion you can see that this figure would take many thousands of years in to the future to fill the city completely and that's assuming everyone gets saved ;-)

2200,000m x 2200, 000m x 2200,000m = 1.0648x10^19 volume of the city meter cubed
50m x 50 x 50m = 125,000 volume meter cubed for each room

Divide A by B to get the answer.

The dimensions given imo - are for counting the stones in the outside wall only. This number given is the number of redeemed. See my thread "The hidden secret of New Jerusalem" It is my opinion that Jesus revealed the figure in the City Dimensions.

Let him who has understanding Calculate.....;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,115.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Indeed - but what are we to do with the measurements given by the Angel?
We do some calculating !

Why though? Why worry about measurements?

Worry about the state of your soul first. Do what Jesus said to do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FIRESTORM314

Site Supporter
Feb 20, 2018
The Shires
✟197,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why though? Why worry about measurements?

Worry about the state of your soul first. Do what Jesus said to do.

Come on - that sounds like avoiding the topic. OK there are some die hards who do nothing but read revelation and put little effort into understanding anything else in the bible.

Daniel was considered highly esteemed by God and he humbled himself before God to gain understanding. We are also encouraged to read the book of revelation and there is a challenge to solve a puzzle is there not?

Many would read the chapter about New Jerusalem and not even consider what they are reading. Some say few will be saved, some say many will be saved, some say everyone will be saved. The dimensions do give us a clue. The Angel gave them for a purpose and that purpose is not what it first appears to be - it's not a city. So what is it?

8.5 Thousand Billion rooms ( at 50m cubic meters per room ) does not compute or make sense.

Measurements and numbers in the bible are often about how many people there are and I put it to you that this is exactly what those measurements are for calculating ;)

Upvote 0