North Central
✟482,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It does have a "warmer" feel to it than the 1689 BCF. It doesn't speak of the necessity of being 'born again" which I believe monergistically. But for me a Baptist NHC is a whole lot more satisfying than BCF or Westminster CF. However, I am relishing Kevin Deyoungs take on the Heidelberg Catechism.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟745,855.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
It does have a "warmer" feel to it than the 1689 BCF. It doesn't speak of the necessity of being 'born again" which I believe monergistically. But for me a Baptist NHC is a whole lot more satisfying than BCF or Westminster CF. However, I am relishing Kevin Deyoungs take on the Heidelberg Catechism.
Agreed.

I still prefer a more detailed confession. The last few weeks I've been reading The Book of Concord :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

A_JAY

Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2017
North Central
✟482,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
BofC very interesting read. And it is detailed. The version I have doesn't do much referring to scripture. Pelikan, 1950s.

In BofC somewhere it refers to 3rd use of the law and its appropriateness. Luther preached it. But it is not used apparently in the two big Lutheran Denominations. I still haven't received an explanation why.

For a Baptist pointing out sins is important.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Uts does seem though to be "Less Calvinistic" then the 1689!

Upvote 0