USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You and I were supposed to shake the dust off our feet as a testimony against them

Not against ourselves

Be at peace with al men as much as it is in your ability to do so

But you have implied that the Church will be doing what all those around them who will be doing these things with no one to restrain them in that day

Sure the love of many will grow cold and truth will be cast down and brother will betray brother

But this is not a testament to but a testament against the witness of CHRIST before a lost world sir.

And that is the only ministry we were at the present day and whike it is still today and the year of GOD's FAVOR called to

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The CHURCH is symbolic of those represented in WHITE WASHED ROBES

The two witnesses are two who never suffered physical death

They will give their testimony of what they have seen and then will suffer physical death

For as you know all must die once and then the judgement

But you must also know that all those white robes who had a part in the firstvresutrection will be those who will reign 1000 years right after the false prophet and the beast are thrown into the lake of fire and while Satan is bound

Any by the way, please give me the exact identity of the beast as I know and h derstsmd that this too is symbolic of something hidden that can only be known by GOD and can only be revealed to whom HE chooses to reveal it

Certainly it isn't a literal beast is it

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You and I were supposed to shake the dust off our feet as a testimony against them

Not against ourselves

Be at peace with al men as much as it is in your ability to do so

But you have implied that the Church will be doing what all those around them who will be doing these things with no one to restrain them in that day

Sure the love of many will grow cold and truth will be cast down and brother will betray brother

But this is not a testament to but a testament against the witness of CHRIST before a lost world sir.

And that is the only ministry we were at the present day and whike it is still today and the year of GOD's FAVOR called to

I have implied no such thing. You are attempting to create a false narrative about what I said.

You are reacting like many who do not want to abandon their long-held man-made doctrines.

They would rather make a personal attack on another member of the Body who dares to challenge their understanding.

It is a common thing on this forum.

You may have been immersed in modern Dispensational Theology most of your life, whether you know it or not.

That doctrine teaches that the two witnesses are Moses and Elijah or Enoch and Elijah, who are God's two witnesses after the pretrib rapture of the Church, during a time when God will deal with the modern nation of Israel under the now "obsolete" Old Covenant system, during a future 70th week of Daniel. You will have to cut Hebrews 8:6-13 out of your Bible to make that work.

Israel and the Church cannot be separated, based on the promise of the New Covenant found in Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is found fulfilled in Hebrews 8:6-13, and is specifically applied to the Church in Hebrews 12:18-24, and 2 Corinthians 3:6-8.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Another thing you might have overlooked with regards to a true witness is that they can not testify alone

We, the Church are not alone when we testify.
We have THAT WITNESS in us who also testifies

But these specifically two witnesses is not referring to THE CHURCH but to the two heavenly witnesses who testify with and in GOD's very POWER

We had the power with our words yes
But never to condemn or judge (unto condemnation) before the time

That is, when CHRIST comes and judges

Last edited:
Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have implied no such thing. You are attempting to create a false narrative about what I said.

You are reacting like many who do not want to abandon their long-held man-made doctrines.

They would rather make a personal attack on another member of the Body who dares to challenge their understanding.

It is a common thing on this forum.

You may have been immersed in modern Dispensational Theology most of your life, whether you know it or not.

That doctrine teaches that the two witnesses are Moses and Elijah or Enoch and Elijah, who are God's two witnesses after the pretrib rapture of the Church, during a time when God will deal with the modern nation of Israel under the now "obsolete" Old Covenant system, during a future 70th week of Daniel. You will have to cut Hebrews 8:6-13 out of your Bible to make that work.

Israel and the Church cannot be separated, based on the promise of the New Covenant found in Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is found fulfilled in Hebrews 8:6-13, and is specifically applied to the Church in Hebrews 12:18-24, and 2 Corinthians 3:6-8.

Please review the work and acts of the Two Witnesses and. compare their works and acts of THE CHURCH

Here they are raining fire down on their enemies and yet CHRIST told Peter NOT TO DO THESE THINGS

And You do understand that Paul's words were addressed specifically to believers in CHRIST those in THE BODY

Paul never addressed those outside THE BODY

Nor does the New Covenant apply to those who have rejected THE GOSPEL and are outside THE BODY

When you point to Hebrews it is instructions to the believers Non believers will not accept these TRUTHS because they don't believe

And THE TWO WITNESSES TESTIMONY is to those who do not believe
THE GOSPEL will not change and THE GOSPEL will continue to be preached

Either it will be accepted or it will be rejected

Those who openly challenge their testimony and reject THE TRUTH (which will NOT be for OT rituals and practices) will die

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By the way
No man indoctrinated me nor was I brought up to know anything

Then why do you reject what Jesus said about the lampstands in Revelation 1:20?

What did He mean when he said the lampstands are the churches?

Every wrong interpretation is exposed not by the scripture quoted by its proponents, but by the scripture they must ignore to make their doctrine work.

Explain Revelation 1:20, instead of ignoring it, and maybe we can make some progress.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The two lampstands are different from the seven candle sticks

I think you need to go back to moses' instruction on the furnishings of the temple

Those two are indeed the witnesses to the law and the prophets

Please note the six extensions that come from each of these two lampstsnds

They are representative of the 12 tribes of Israel

The two witnesses are not THE CHURCH

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The two lampstands are different from the seven candle sticks

Rev 1:20  The mystery of the seven stars which you saw in My right hand, and the seven golden lampstands: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands which you saw are the seven churches. 

Rev 11:4  These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands standing before the God of the earth. 

NKJV

Rev 1:20  The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches. 

Rev 11:4
  These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

KJV

No. It is the same Greek word. G3087 "luchnia"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rev 1:20  The mystery of the seven stars which you saw in My right hand, and the seven golden lampstands: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands which you saw are the seven churches. 

Rev 11:4  These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands standing before the God of the earth. 

NKJV

Rev 1:20  The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches. 

Rev 11:4
  These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

KJV

No. It is the same Greek word. G3087 "luchnia"

Who are these two who include both the church and the true Israel?
Because as you know THE MESSAGE of THE GOSPEL was to both those near (the Jew) and those far (the gentile)

For GOD'a purpose from the beginning was to bring the two together in ONE HOUSE

Elijah had the Spirit of GOD and was taken up not by his own efforts
And yet Enoch was first and chosen of GOD and taken up not by his own efforts

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do not confuse the seven churches with the 2 olive trees/lamp stands as the churches

They are not the same

These two witnesses come and give their testimony after just as the Church of believers even today give their testimony

The difference being that these two have a very different ministry and power that we are not allowed

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do not confuse the seven churches with the 2 olive trees/lamp stands as the churches

They are not the same

These two witnesses come and give their testimony after just as the Church of believers even today give their testimony

The difference being that these two have a very different ministry and power that we are not allowed

You are ignoring the many symbols found in the Book of Revelation. You would never claim Christ is really an animal, even though He is described as a lamb. Yes He fulfilled the role of the sacrificial lamb, but He is much more than an animal. You are doing the same thing with the witnesses, by ignoring Revelation 1:20. Those who claim they are two men are promoting the idea that these two men witness to the modern State of Israel during the period after the pretrib rapture of the Church.

Upvote 0