The new coronavirus could circulate forever, experts say.

Johnboy60

Looking For Interesting News.
Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟95,789.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The new coronavirus could circulate forever, experts say — becoming another illness in the sea of seasonal colds and flus.
The new coronavirus could circulate forever, experts say — becoming another illness in the sea of seasonal colds and flus
That's scary to think of as every year we have to deal with flu's which already wipe you out, so this coronavirus could end up mutating with the common flu virus and creating a virulent super flu which could potentially kill millions of people every year. The problems with certain virus like the flu virus is they mutate when they pick up strands of peoples DNA thus changing them so it's difficult to create an effective one off vaccine against them.

If that does happen I won't survive as I have had some flu's which have wiped me out for over a week leaving me bedridden struggling to survive so a super-flu would kill me for sure.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
While that is indeed bad news, we know that the plan of God cannot be thwarted. Instead of thinking about all the negative things that can happen, think of the harvest that will come as people have to examine their lives and stop ignoring God. Remember too, God's healing provision.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟294,951.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
That's scary to think of as every year we have to deal with flu's which already wipe you out, so this coronavirus could end up mutating with the common flu virus and creating a virulent super flu which could potentially kill millions of people every year. The problems with certain virus like the flu virus is they mutate when they pick up strands of peoples DNA thus changing them so it's difficult to create an effective one off vaccine against them.

If that does happen I won't survive as I have had some flu's which have wiped me out for over a week leaving me bedridden struggling to survive so a super-flu would kill me for sure.

Most endemic viruses become less problematic over time as the population adapts to them, usually within a couple of years. They also tend to evolve to favor more transmission and being less deadly, as the viruses that kill their hosts tend to die off faster than those that keep transmitting.

The kinds of flu that are dangerous are recent additions that have jumped over from animals. They tend to be more deadly as we have no resistance to them.

There are several already endemic coronaviruses, and all are now quite mild.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

I started taking the seasonal flu vaccine 30 years ago and have not had the flu since.

Reactions: Johnboy60
Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am not saying that God caused the coronavirus. However just as God had a plan for after the fall of Adam, He certainly has a plan for this coronavirus. He will turn what is meant for evil into something good. In the bigger picture, God's plan for us in eternity is going forward. Nothing can separate us from the love of God. There is really no reason to fear.

Upvote 0

evoeth

Man trying to figure things out
Mar 5, 2014
✟130,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
He certainly has a plan for this coronavirus. He will turn what is meant for evil into something good.
God's in control, but he's not. God has a plan, but the coronavirus wasn't caused by God, but the coronavirus is clearly evil, and god is totally in control.

I've honestly never understood Christians.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am not saying that God caused the coronavirus. However just as God had a plan for after the fall of Adam, He certainly has a plan for this coronavirus. He will turn what is meant for evil into something good. In the bigger picture, God's plan for us in eternity is going forward. Nothing can separate us from the love of God. There is really no reason to fear.
I think this would make people more mad at God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
God's in control, but he's not. God has a plan, but the coronavirus wasn't caused by God, but the coronavirus is clearly evil, and god is totally in control.

I've honestly never understood Christians.

OK, I can understand the frustration. On one hand I say that God has it in control and on the other hand a evil virus is breaking out. I try and make this more clear. The plan and purpose of God cannot be defeated and is always moving forward. This is not to say that there is not resistance. Sometimes this resistance is Satanic, or it could be something natural. Because of the sin of Adam, humans are still faced with disasters, sickness and the like. Whether natural or Satanic, God will allow us to overcome. The bible says he will restore what the locust has eaten. Isaiah 59:19 (KJV) 19 So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him. Since, "all things work together for good for those that love the Lord," I have to believe that this evil virus we are experiencing will somehow be worked out for the good of God's kingdom. Most likely the result will be people turning to God for assistance.

Upvote 0