The near death experience of Pastor Bob Jones!

What Bob Jones saw about hell, do you agree?

• Yes.... Messiah Jesus/Yeshua warned us about hell.

• No.... G-d concluded people in unbelief in order to have mercy on them!

• Yes.... I have heard other similar NDE accounts by Christians.

• No..... Ezekiel 37 happens again and again until all are saved.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wait, didn't you get the memo? Modern day prophets are not judged by the Bible. They are judged by our doctrines concerning the Bible!

Prophets in the Bible saw unexplainable visions. But today's prophets must have visions that are perfectly clear and line up exactly with the visions talked about in the Bible. Prophets in the Bible made mistakes, but were still considered prophets of God. There is no such grace extended to prophets today!

Prophets are judged today by whatever our expectations for prophets happens to be, not by the example of prophets in the scriptures. For half the body of Christ, the expectation is that "There are no more prophets." And then for most of the other half, the expectation is ; "99% of the prophets are False".

lol

i was giggling to myself wondering what debate would now be going on if CF existed when this guy ,Mr Ezekiel ,released his latest book ...

chariots and wheels and eyes round about and heads of lions and woman's hair and Wings ... oh my this guy is a nutter stay away lol.
----------------------------------
for me personally-because i think we all like our safeguards , any prophecy..vision etc ..must do 3 things

begin with JESUS
include JESUS (as in the Gospel)
and Conclude in JESUS ... as LORD

Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0

Tobias

Relationship over Religion
Jan 8, 2004
California
✟21,764.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
lol

i was giggling to myself wondering what debate would now be going on if CF existed when this guy ,Mr Ezekiel ,released his latest book ...

chariots and wheels and eyes round about and heads of lions and woman's hair and Wings ... oh my this guy is a nutter stay away lol.

rofl! :D

Upvote 0

HisSparkPlug

Offspring of a Genius
Jul 31, 2013
✟2,947.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
"Did you learn to love", then He let them right on in?

That's salvation by what WE do! That's a different gospel. This isn't good at all.
Hang onto your britches for a sec.. lol.. there's more to the story. It's not salvation by works - you just haven't heard the entire experience in which a woman who DIDN'T learn to love but was a believer still was received into Glory.

Upvote 0

HisSparkPlug

Offspring of a Genius
Jul 31, 2013
✟2,947.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
two things happened at lake-land and they are no different to every revival in history .

# 1 ..God visited
# 2 ..man misbehaved

one does not invalidate the other . but man only looked at what man did .. and then judged God ... and man .
how fickle ,how foolish we are.
Thank you for being so balanced, it's nice to see those who don't throw the baby out with the bathwater

Upvote 0

HisSparkPlug

Offspring of a Genius
Jul 31, 2013
✟2,947.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Wait, didn't you get the memo? Modern day prophets are not judged by the Bible. They are judged by our doctrines concerning the Bible!

Prophets in the Bible saw unexplainable visions. But today's prophets must have visions that are perfectly clear and line up exactly with the visions talked about in the Bible. Prophets in the Bible made mistakes, but were still considered prophets of God. There is no such grace extended to prophets today!

Prophets are judged today by whatever our expectations for prophets happens to be, not by the example of prophets in the scriptures. For half the body of Christ, the expectation is that "There are no more prophets." And then for most of the other half, the expectation is ; "99% of the prophets are False".
Yeah it's true people do that. They do it with dream interpreting too.
The bible is our standard and plumb-line, but not to go so far as to say the only dreams or visions we can have must be the same ones we have IN the bible. If there were only one dream or one vision mentioned in the Word that is enough to know that God gives dreams & visions.
The Word is also our instruction manual for understanding dreams & visions.
Gesh Tobias we agree on a couple things lately, what's going on??

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
two things happened at lake-land and they are no different to every revival in history .

# 1 ..God visited
# 2 ..man misbehaved

one does not invalidate the other . but man only looked at what man did .. and then judged God ... and man .
how fickle ,how foolish we are.

No, I loved Lakeland, watched it all the time, even wanted to go there and when Todd had sinned, well who hasn't? It's hard in the frontlines. But when me and my ex had marriage problems and he was chatting the miracles didn't happen anymore, ' cause it's faith working through love and holiness is needed in order for God to move, so if He still moves, while there's sin and later you find out the guy himself said it was the same angel Branham had and he went out of his body when he met him, yeah sure, bye bye.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, I loved Lakeland, watched it all the time, even wanted to go there and when Todd had sinned, well who hasn't? It's hard in the frontlines. But when me and my ex had marriage problems and he was chatting the miracles didn't happen anymore, ' cause it's faith working through love and holiness is needed in order for God to move, so if He still moves, while there's sin and later you find out the guy himself said it was the same angel Branham had and he went out of his body when he met him, yeah sure, bye bye.

your focused on the "man" ..any of us may become disillusioned when we do that .outside of the spot light-outside of the hype
..folks got saved ,got healed , came to know the lord .
the enemy attacked ... the church helped the enemy . did we cry when todd was taken in sin?
did we intercede?
did we go to prayer to war for him..or did we let him slide under the immense pressure and then click our tongues at him ...

todd did wrong .i know that ..
but I am partly responsible for that .. as is every one who nodded their head at his error and clicked their tongue ..
the church stood back like it was another show to watch on tv ..

we stood like romans at a show and watched lions tear it all apart ..
and we cheered ..

shame on us

shame on us

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
the church stood back like it was another show to watch on tv ..
It was another show. And now he's back in Africa and if I didn't watch out my brother got deceived. I prefer to pray for him. I'm not going to pray for someone like Todd Bentley on my own. Let leaders do that IF he wants to convert. If he wants to stick to sin and demons I'm staying free from it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1livelystone

Jan 23, 2014
✟15,329.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have heard a lot of different "guesses for why people think Lakeland turned out the way it did. Personally speaking, I think it is similar to other “outpourings and revivals” that are not any different from in the Bible, because when the "angel appeared and troubled the waters at the pool," it was the first in who were healed.

What "sin" causes the Holy Spirit to depart is up for speculation, however, Jesus described the kingdom of God as a large tree were many birds rested on the branches. Earlier in the same chapter we see how these birds are the spirits of the enemy who were devouring the seeds of the word. Today is no different because when the power of the Holy Spirit is upon a place it is going to attract the demons the same way whenever the Holy Spirit of truth shows up, the "church spirits" who always follow it are close behind.

Part of the answer is what are those present going to do as a corporate group to defend against the darkness when it shows up? Kind of hard to perform an exorcism on the main speaker but "michaelmynameIs" has made a good point about praying for those who are leading such revivals to remain behind a hedge of protection.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It was another show. And now he's back in Africa and if I didn't watch out my brother got deceived. I prefer to pray for him. I'm not going to pray for someone like Todd Bentley on my own. Let leaders do that IF he wants to convert. If he wants to stick to sin and demons I'm staying free from it.

all i hear in your words here,is some hurt,some pain.perhaps you were closer to this then some?you've perhaps been wounded?
i know if that be so ,you will come to forgiveness.let us not desire hell for anyone...for it is ceaseless.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have heard a lot of different "guesses for why people think Lakeland turned out the way it did. Personally speaking, I think it is similar to other “outpourings and revivals” that are not any different from in the Bible, because when the "angel appeared and troubled the waters at the pool," it was the first in who were healed.

What "sin" causes the Holy Spirit to depart is up for speculation, however, Jesus described the kingdom of God as a large tree were many birds rested on the branches. Earlier in the same chapter we see how these birds are the spirits of the enemy who were devouring the seeds of the word. Today is no different because when the power of the Holy Spirit is upon a place it is going to attract the demons the same way whenever the Holy Spirit of truth shows up, the "church spirits" who always follow it are close behind.

Part of the answer is what are those present going to do as a corporate group to defend against the darkness when it shows up? Kind of hard to perform an exorcism on the main speaker but "michaelmynameIs" has made a good point about praying for those who are leading such revivals to remain behind a hedge of protection.
yes always pray.
perhaps the best we can do outwardly is turn the cameras off :)

Upvote 0

HisSparkPlug

Offspring of a Genius
Jul 31, 2013
✟2,947.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
oh boy.. are you one of the many who claims Branham wasn't of God?
I'm not saying the man taught everything properly (I completely disagree with a number of his teachings in the later days of his life). But what that man walked in was a foretaste of the Spirit of God which will live through the end time saints.
The thing we believers forget is that God uses imperfect people - Branham didn't have it all right - but his heart before God was something I want to walk in myself.

There are those, used by the enemy, who try to say William Branham started a cult to follow him or that he claimed to be Elijah. NOTHING could be further from the truth. I have proof that not only did he not do those things, but when he heard that others were creating such a following, he threatened to quit ministry b/c of it.

hmmmm.... I think I may start a thread on Branham.... oy vey... that will surely be a LIVELY one as all the people who go by here-say come out to attack him... yikes!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
oh boy.. are you one of the many who claims Branham wasn't of God?
I'm not saying the man taught everything properly (I completely disagree with a number of his teachings in the later days of his life). But what that man walked in was a foretaste of the Spirit of God which will live through the end time saints.
The thing we believers forget is that God uses imperfect people - Branham didn't have it all right - but his heart before God was something I want to walk in myself.

There are those, used by the enemy, who try to say William Branham started a cult to follow him or that he claimed to be Elijah. NOTHING could be further from the truth. I have proof that not only did he not do those things, but when he heard that others were creating such a following, he threatened to quit ministry b/c of it.

hmmmm.... I think I may start a thread on Branham.... oy vey... that will surely be a LIVELY one as all the people who go by here-say come out to attack him... yikes!

My ex had a lot of his books and there was false teaching in it. He said he was a christian, but also there was something false. He threw them away, those books, because I insisted, didn't want that in my house.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
all i hear in your words here,is some hurt,some pain.perhaps you were closer to this then some?you've perhaps been wounded?
i know if that be so ,you will come to forgiveness.let us not desire hell for anyone...for it is ceaseless.

I certainly don't desire hell for someone, but for some people I don't dare to pray, I mean really pray and bind powers that blind their eyes, for an unbeliever God lays on my heart no problem, but I don't want the attacks of the devil.
I think as a church we should pray for all leaders that God opens their eyes.
I think a lot are very mislead and real sincere christians.

Upvote 0

HisSparkPlug

Offspring of a Genius
Jul 31, 2013
✟2,947.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I certainly don't desire hell for someone, but for some people I don't dare to pray, I mean really pray and bind powers that blind their eyes, for an unbeliever God lays on my heart no problem, but I don't want the attacks of the devil.
We are all mislead and wrong about things. Not one of us has all the truth. We are all deceived in some way by strongholds in our minds. Only God can set us free of these wrong beliefs.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

..? you dont want attacks of the devil ?
- one might think i would jump on you for saying that . but i DO understand ..such attacks can at times be tiresome .
however we do learn some age old principles .
sadly principles that the western church has forgotten a lot of ..
things like

LOVE -its casts out all fear
then
patience
perseverance
endurance
..etc

every one likes the words ,love, peace and joy .

but patience endurance and perseverance? not so popular it seems .
however we don't resist the devil then cower fearful of his attacks lol
we resist him and then he flees from us .

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Todd Bentley is NOT in Africa. he has been forgiven and restored...

that would be between Him and God and his wife i guess ..it seems folks struggle to speak of lakeland without speaking of Todd .
yet Todd had little to do with what happened at lack land .why folks cant see that i do not know .

Upvote 0