Visit site
✟832,604.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I honestly believe that with a little work, well lots of work, we can find the true nature of God.
All we have to do is to read 1 Corinthians 13 and Galatians 5 (the fruit of the Spirit) and we will get a clear view of His nature. And to look at what Jesus was like in the Gospels.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Downhill Prevention!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus made this quite clear. He said that if we have seen Him we have seen the Father. When we read through the Gospels and we see what Jesus was like and how He conducted Himself, then we see what God is really like. We also see from 1 Corinthians 13, that God has all the attributes of love described there. John says that God is love, and therefore 1 Corinthians 13 actually describes the nature of God quite clearly. Also, we see in the fruit of the Spirit in Galatians 5, the nature of Christ and therefore of God.
From that we see that God is loving, joyful, peaceful in Himself, gentle, the kindest Person we will ever meet, faithful in all things, meek in that He is a gentleman in the way He handles people, absolutely good in every respect (Jesus says that the only good Person in the universe is God), and totally self-controlled in everything He does.

These things give a very clear and accurate view of the nature and character of God. He is not a mystery to those who know Him.

And everything you've said, I agree with. Is this a refutation of me, or an affirmation? I ask because, it's not obvious to me which intention you have here, brother Oscarr.

Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeshua clearly depicts the nature of God in the sermon on the mount. Also by every word and deed of the Son of God.
Do you realize that he was on nodding terms with prostitutes and heathens? They must have seen him as a friend or at least as accepting them. If he went into a bar and started yelling about drinking they would have thrown him out and beat him up but the bible says he ate and drank with them.
This is a strange picture because churches tell us we should shun sinners and huddle close with others in our group.

What's up with that?

Upvote 0

MJFlores

Mar 22, 2017
Philippines
✟19,304.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Christians often say "You cannot hope to explain the nature of God." when a belief doesn't add up. Is this in itself a valid belief? I thought with Christ as our mediator, there were no limits.

I can explain the nature of God: God is invisible, cannot die.

Romans 1:20 NIV

For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

1 Timothy 1:17 Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (RSVCE)

To the King of ages, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Upvote 0