Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Are you claiming the meeting of the World Federalist Association never happened?
You may want to do a reality check...

Off topic to the thread...........
Make a thread on it or post on the myriads of threads I put a link up to...............

search one world government christian forums site:www.christianforums.com
About 6,120 results (0.39 seconds)

https://www.google.com/search?q=one...Va0KHZyNCMQQrQIoBDACegQIAhAN&biw=1366&bih=626

Should Christians believe in New World Order One World Government Illuminati Conspira

truthseeker63 said:
Should Christians believe in New World Order One World Government Illuminati Conspiracy Theories or not ? What Im trying to ask is should we say that the Anti Christ is already here or will he just appear I always hear Consiracy people say that the Anti Christ is already in control of the World my point is that I believe in the Second Coming of Christ I believe that Israel being a nation is a sign of the End Times but in my view the Anti Christ and or the Real Christ have not appeared yet ?

Bush is a phony Christian

Resistance Manifesto | November 28, 2006
John Conner

Many Christians live in ignorance, thinking it will protect them from the evil in this world. While believing and proclaiming that Jesus will return soon, they seem blind to the fact that the Antichrist isn't just going to pop up out of nowhere and then magically take control of the government and the people. Many Christians fail to see that for generations, the infrastructure and foundation was being built to stage the grand finale.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Off topic to the thread...........

How about the following?

2Ti 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
2Ti 2:17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;
2Ti 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
How about the following?

2Ti 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
2Ti 2:17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;
2Ti 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

That is on topic...

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
How about the following?

BaB2, I spent the one hour watching the video. There is enough there that LLoJ should be willing to drop the 70AD is everything fulfilled doctrine.

I am trying to help you on the 7th trumpet. Again, look in Revelation 8. The last three trumpets, when they sound, introduce woes to the inhabiters of the earth. Trumpets 5 and 6 are in Revelation 9.

When the 7th trumpet sounds that is the signal for Michael and his angels to cast Satan and his angels out of the second heaven and down to earth.

Revelation 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.

14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

BaB2, there is no way those verses can mean any other thing but the 7th trumpet sounding, resulting in Satan having the time, times, half times left in the 7 years, the third woe.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am trying to help you on the 7th trumpet. Again, look in Revelation 8. The last three trumpets, when they sound, introduce woes to the inhabiters of the earth. Trumpets 5 and 6 are in Revelation 9.

When the 7th trumpet sounds that is the signal for Michael and his angels to cast Satan and his angels out of the second heaven and down to earth.

Revelation 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Your problem is the fact that you are ignoring Revelation 12:1-11, which contains the birth and death of Christ, and which reveals that the beginning of chapter 12 is a history lesson.

Satan, and the wicked angels who followed him were cast out of heaven and down to the earth long ago, because God will not allow anything wicked to remain in His presence.

2Pe_2:4 For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment;

Mat_4:24 And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them.

Mat_8:16 When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick:

Mat_8:28 And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.

Mat_8:31 So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine.

Mat_8:33 And they that kept them fled, and went their ways into the city, and told every thing, and what was befallen to the possessed of the devils.

Mat_10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Mat_12:28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

Mar_1:32 And at even, when the sun did set, they brought unto him all that were diseased, and them that were possessed with devils.

Mar_1:34 And he healed many that were sick of divers diseases, and cast out many devils; and suffered not the devils to speak, because they knew him.

Mar_1:39 And he preached in their synagogues throughout all Galilee, and cast out devils.

Mar_3:15 And to have power to heal sicknesses, and to cast out devils:

Mar_5:12 And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them.

Mar_6:13 And they cast out many devils, and anointed with oil many that were sick, and healed them.

Mar_16:9 Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.

Mar_16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Luk_4:41 And devils also came out of many, crying out, and saying, Thou art Christ the Son of God. And he rebuking them suffered them not to speak: for they knew that he was Christ.

Luk_8:2 And certain women, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils,

Luk_8:27 And when he went forth to land, there met him out of the city a certain man, which had devils long time, and ware no clothes, neither abode in any house, but in the tombs.

Luk_8:30 And Jesus asked him, saying, What is thy name? And he said, Legion: because many devils were entered into him.

Luk_8:33 Then went the devils out of the man, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the lake, and were choked.

Luk_8:35 Then they went out to see what was done; and came to Jesus, and found the man, out of whom the devils were departed, sitting at the feet of Jesus, clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid.

Luk_8:36 They also which saw it told them by what means he that was possessed of the devils was healed.

Luk_8:38 Now the man out of whom the devils were departed besought him that he might be with him: but Jesus sent him away, saying,

Luk_9:1 Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.

Luk_10:17 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.

Luk_11:20 But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.

Luk_13:32 And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Your problem is the fact that you are ignoring Revelation 12:1-11, which contains the birth and death of Christ, and which reveals that the beginning of chapter 12 is a history lesson.

Satan, and the wicked angels who followed him were cast out of heaven and down to the earth long ago, because God will not allow anything wicked to remain in His presence.

2Pe_2:4 For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment;

BaB2, you are doing the same thing the 70AD doctrine people do according to the commentators in the video said. When they are faced with specific text that disproves their point of view they go to a different topic.

The issue is the 7th trumpet introduces the third woe. The text I provided identifies the third woe, to the inhabiters of the earth, in both Revelation 8 and Revelation 12. The timing of the 7th trumpet and the third woe is the issue. It places the timing of when the 7th trumpet is sounded.

You need to acknowledge and accept that. And then work on the other verses.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
BaB2, you are doing the same thing the 70AD doctrine people do according to the commentators in the video said. When they are faced with specific text that disproves their point of view they go to a different topic.

The issue is the 7th trumpet introduces the third woe. The text I provided identifies the third woe, to the inhabiters of the earth, in both Revelation 8 and Revelation 12. The timing of the 7th trumpet and the third woe is the issue. It places the timing of when the 7th trumpet is sounded.

You need to acknowledge and accept that. And then work on the other verses.

You are accusing me of what you are clearly doing.

You ignore Revelation 12:1-11, and then ignore all of the references to "devils" found in the Gospels, and then you claim Satan and the wicked angels are still in heaven. How did all of these devils get on the planet if the wicked angels are still in heaven?

And you are claiming I am diverting to another topic...

And you continue to claim the 7th trumpet is not the last trumpet, but you cannot show us an 8th trumpet in the Book of Revelation.

If this is the type of logic that is necessary to make your chart work, you and the 70 AD people have a lot in common.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You are accusing me of what you are clearly doing.

You ignore Revelation 12:1-11, and then ignore all of the references to "devils" found in the Gospels, and then you claim Satan and the wicked angels are still in heaven. How did all of these devils get on the planet if the wicked angels are still in heaven?

And you are claiming I am diverting to another topic...

And you continue to claim the 7th trumpet is not the last trumpet, but you cannot show us an 8th trumpet in the Book of Revelation.

If this is the type of logic that is necessary to make your chart work, you and the 70 AD people have a lot in common.

BaB2, first acknowledge that the woe to the inhabiters of the earth in Revelation 12:12 is the third woe of Revelation 8:13. The 7th trumpet introduces the third woe.

Revelation 8:13 And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!

13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.

14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The 7th trumpet introduces the third woe.

In the verses below we find that the 7th angel is the finisher, in the repeating and overlapping visions in the Book of Revelation.

Rev_10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Rev_11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Rev_16:17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Rev_10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Rev_11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Rev_16:17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.
BaB2, you cited Revelation 16:17. That is the seventh vial, not seventh trumpet.

Revelation 10:7 in the days the seventh trumpet begins to sound, the mystery of God (to take the kingdoms of the world away from Satan's control and become the kingdoms of God and His Christ), no more delay, should be finished, starting with the war in the second heaven and Satan is cast down, the third woe, for a time, times, half times. And that time, times, half times ends with the seventh vial poured out, the voice saying "it is finished" (it, the mystery of God finished) - just like I show on my chart.

Acknowledge that the woe to the inhabiters of the earth in Revelation 12:12 is the third woe of Revelation 8:13. The 7th trumpet introduces the third woe.

Revelation 8:13 And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
BaB2, you cited Revelation 16:17. That is the seventh vial, not seventh trumpet.

Because the Book of Revelation is not in chronological order, and is instead a series of overlapping visions, the seventh vial is poured out at the blowing of the seventh trumpet.

The "time of the judgment of the dead" in Revelation 11:18 proves the end of chapter 11 is the Second Coming.

We also find "wrath" and "reward", and "destruction" all in that same verse.
You are ignoring all of Revelation 11:18 to make your chart work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Because the Book of Revelation is not in chronological order, and is instead a series of overlapping visions, the seventh vial is poured out at the blowing of the seventh trumpet.
Not at the beginning of the sounding of the seventh trumpet.

Revelation 10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Acknowledge that the woe to the inhabiters of the earth in Revelation 12:12 is the third woe of Revelation 8:13. The 7th trumpet introduces the third woe.

When the 7th trumpet begins to sound, the war in the second heaven takes place and Satan is cast down, the third woe, for the times, times, half time.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
BaB2, do you know what it means that the 7th trumpet introduces the third woe, and that third woe is Satan cast down to earth, for the remaining time, times, half time?

It means that the 1260 days in Revelation 12:6 that precede the war in the second heaven - is the first half of the 7 years.

And that video you have been posting, a million times or so, of Dr. Kelly Varner erroneously claiming there is no seven years in the bible other than Daniel 9:27 leads people astray, including you having been lead astray. And that claims that the prince who shall come is Jesus is an erroneous claim. And that the full seven year 70th week remains, not just half the week. And that the abomination of desolation Jesus was referring to in Matthew 24:15 was not back in 70 AD, nor was Antiochus over a hundred years before.

2Timothy 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
BaB2, do you know what it means that the 7th trumpet introduces the third woe, and that third woe is Satan cast down to earth, for the remaining time, times, half time?

It means that the 1260 days in Revelation 12:6 that precede the war in the second heaven - is the first half of the 7 years.

And that video you have been posting, a million times or so, of Dr. Kelly Varner erroneously claiming there is no seven years in the bible other than Daniel 9:27 leads people astray, including you having been lead astray. And that claims that the prince who shall come is Jesus is an erroneous claim. And that the full seven year 70th week remains, not just half the week. And that the abomination of desolation Jesus was referring to in Matthew 24:15 was not back in 70 AD, nor was Antiochus over a hundred years before.

Douggg, what is the logic of there being a resurrection of the dead in the middle of the 70th week?

Revelation 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

If the resurrection of the dead already happens in the middle of the week, what about at the end of the week when Christ returns? There won't be a resurrection of the dead at that time? It won't be the time of the dead, that they should be judged, when Christ returns then?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If you have no idea how many a million is, it is no wonder you do not understand the fact that the 7th trumpet is the last trumpet in the Book of Revelation.

And as for Dr. Kelly Varner, at least the man knows that a New Covenant was promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is found fulfilled in Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrews 10:16-18. He also knows that Christ confirmed that New Covenant in His blood at Calvary. He also knows the angel Grabriel spoke about the New Covenant "with the many" in Daniel chapter 9, which is also found in the notes of the 1599 Geneva Bible, over 300 years before I was born. It is the same covenant "with the many" in Matthew 26:28.

I have shown that Matthew 24:15-16, and Luke 21:20-21 are parallel Gospels, and that the Jews of Jesus time celebrated Hanukkah each year, based on John 10:22.

I have also shown that there is no antecedent for an antichrist, or a gap of time, in Daniel chapter 9. Dr. Kelly Varner has confirmed this fact, along with the 1599 Geneva Bible.

If you call the above leading people astray, I fully accept responsibility for the above, and we will let others here be the judge of who is truly leading people astray.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If the resurrection of the dead already happens in the middle of the week, what about at the end of the week when Christ returns? There won't be a resurrection of the dead at that time? It won't be the time of the dead, that they should be judged, when Christ returns then?
David, it is not talking about "the resurrection" of the dead in Revelation 11:18. But instead the judgment of all the dead who are saved. They will have already been resurrected in the rapture/resurrection taking place earlier. No-one knows when.

While God's wrath is poured out on the nations here on earth during the great tribulation.... in heaven, the judgment of all who have died in Christ and who will have been caught up in the rapture, their lives will be judged for rewards according what they have done for the cause of Christ.

It is talking about judgement in Revelation 11:18, not resurrection. One group is going to be in heaven judged for rewards. While here on earth, another group, them who are destroying the earth, will themselves be destroyed.

Revelation 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If you have no idea how many a million is, it is no wonder you do not understand the fact that the 7th trumpet is the last trumpet in the Book of Revelation.

And as for Dr. Kelly Varner, at least the man knows that a New Covenant was promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is found fulfilled in Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrews 10:16-18. He also knows that Christ confirmed that New Covenant in His blood at Calvary. He also knows the angel Grabriel spoke about the New Covenant "with the many" in Daniel chapter 9, which is also found in the notes of the 1599 Geneva Bible, over 300 years before I was born. It is the same covenant "with the many" in Matthew 26:28.

I have shown that Matthew 24:15-16, and Luke 21:20-21 are parallel Gospels, and that the Jews of Jesus time celebrated Hanukkah each year, based on John 10:22.

I have also shown that there is no antecedent for an antichrist, or a gap of time, in Daniel chapter 9. Dr. Kelly Varner has confirmed this fact, along with the 1599 Geneva Bible.

If you call the above leading people astray, I fully accept responsibility for the above, and we will let others here be the judge of who is truly leading people astray.

BaB2, you are throwing out all the correct understanding of Eschatology, by not acknowledging the 7th trumpet introduces the third woe, as Satan cast down to the earth for the remaining time, times, half time.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Douggg said:
The 7th trumpet introduces the third woe.
In the verses below we find that the 7th angel is the finisher, in the repeating and overlapping visions in the Book of Revelation.
Hello BAB
Interesting you should bring up the 7th Messenger and Bowl/Vial.
I created a thread on it for those interested.......

Reve 16:17 the seventh Messenger pours out His bowl/vial into the AIR....

Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke's Temple/Jerusalem Discourses harmonized- Poll Thread

Matthew 24:3
Yet of Him sitting on the Mount of the Olives, the Disciples came toward to Him according to own saying "be telling to us!
when shall these be being?
and what the sign of Thy parousia<3952> and full-consummation<4930> of the Age?

Luke 21

7 They inquire yet of Him saying “Teacher!
when then shall these be being?
And what the sign whenever may be being about<3195> these to becoming<1096>?
==========================
Is earthly Jerusalem the "great city" in the Book of Revelation?

The same Greek word Luke uses, #G1096, is also used concerning the bowls of wrath/fury on Jerusalem [whether 70ad or future]

THE SEVEN BOWLS/VIALS IN REVELATION

Revelation 16:17
and the seventh Messenger pours out His bowl/vial<5357> into the air<109>
and came out great Voice from the Sanctuary of the heaven from the Throne saying "it has become!"<1096>
[Luke 21:7 Revelation 21:6] Repeated in Revelation 21:6

sidebar-preterism.jpg

Revelation 21:6
And He said to me, “It hath become!<1096>!

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts.
==================
The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD
Proof that Matthew 24 was fully fulfilled in 70 AD!
Also see: Rapture refuted
================
BIBLICAL ANTHROPOLOGY: The Seven Bowls of Revelation 16

Bowls were used by priests to bless and to curse. The curse (or imprecatory prayer) was inscribed inside the bowl and the one invoking the curse (offering the prayer) poured water from that bowl on the person, or on an effigy of the person, or on their property. The worst possible curse involved seven bowls or a seven-fold pouring. Cursing bowls, such as the one shown, date to 3000 B.C. and have been found in Egypt.

vials or bowls in Rev
One such Bible critic, names David G. says: “The King James Version says that the angels had seven golden VIALS full of the wrath of God. THE WORD VIALS IS A REALLY POOR TRANSLATION.
They are really “Shallow, pan-like, golden bowls, or censers, such as were used in the temple to hold the fire when incense was burned.”
Another Christian site comments: And golden vials - ”The word "vial" with us, denoting a small slender bottle with a narrow neck, evidently DOES NOT EXPRESS THE IDEA HERE. The article here referred to was used for offering incense, and MUST HAVE BEEN a vessel with a large open mouth. The word "bowl" or "goblet" would better express the idea,

5357. phiale of uncertain affinity;
Strong's Concordance
phialé: a (shallow) bowl
Definition: a (shallow) bowl
Usage: a shallow and flat bowl.
φιάλη, φιαλης, ἡ, from Homer down, the Sept. for מִזְרָק, a broad, shallow bowl, deep saucer (Dict. of Antiq. under the word Patera; B. D. American edition under the word, Vial): Revelation 5:8; Revela

It is talking about judgement in Revelation 11:18, not resurrection. One group is going to be in heaven judged for rewards. While here on earth, another group, them who are destroying the earth, will themselves be destroyed.
I agree.............

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Douggg, what is the logic of there being a resurrection of the dead in the middle of the 70th week?
Revelation 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.
Hello David.
That verse in Revelation has been brought up so much by another member, more specifically BABerean2, I made a thread on it for those interested.

Revelation 11:18 "2nd Woe passed, dead judged, reward the Saints"

Revelation 11:18
The nations are wroth<3710>,
and came Thy wrath<3709>

And the time/season of the dead be judged<2919>,
And give wage/reward<3408> to Thy servants, the Prophets and the Saints, and those who fear Thy Name, small and great.
And should destroy<1311> those who destroy/ruining<1311> the land
.”

1311. diaphtheiro from 1225 and 5351;
to rot thoroughly, i.e. (by implication) to ruin (passively, decay utterly, figuratively, pervert):--corrupt, destroy, perish.
=======================
As in the days of NOAH

Genesis 6:
11 And the Land is being ruined/07843 shachath before the Elohim and the land, is being filled wrong/violence/02555 chamac.
12 And Elohim is seeing the land and behold! it is ruined/07843 shachath, that he causes to ruin All Flesh Way of him on the Land.
13 And Elohim is saying to Noah "an end of All Flesh has come before Me, the land is full of wrong/violence before them and behold! ruining/07843 shachath them the land".

===========================
Revelation 11:18 Commentaries:biblehub "And the nations were enraged, and Your wrath came, and the time came for the dead to be judged, and the time to reward Your bond-servants the prophets and the saints and those who fear Your name, the small and the great, and to destroy those who destroy the earth."

EXEGETICAL (ORIGINAL LANGUAGES)

Expositor's Greek Testament
Revelation 11:18.
ὠργ. = defiant rage (cf. Revelation 16:11), not the mere terror of Revelation 6:17, at the messianic ὀργή. The prophets are as usual the most prominent of the ἅγιοι. If the καὶ after ἁγίοις is retained, it is epexegetic (as in Genesis 4:4, Galatians 6:16), not a subtle mark of division between Jewish and Gentile Christians (Vólter) or (in a Jewish source) saints and proselytes. The same interpretation (for φοβ. cf. Introd. § 6) must be chosen, if καὶ is omitted (as, e.g., by Bousset and Baljon), but the evidence is far too slight to justify the deletion.—διαφθ. “When Nero perished by the justest doom/Which ever the destroyer yet destroyed” (Byron). Contrast the exultant tone of this retrospective thanksgiving with the strain of foreboding which is sounded in Revelation 12:12 before the actual conflict.
====================
Cambridge Bible for Schools and Colleges
18. destroy them which destroy] The verb used twice over is ambiguous, and perhaps has a meaning that we should express differently in the two places; as in 1 Corinthians 3:17. Thus neither the marginal rendering nor the text is wrong.

Bengel's Gnomen
Revelation 11:18.
Καὶ ὁ καιρὸς) that is, ἐστίν. For ὁ καιρὸς does not seem here to be joined with ἦλθεν (although often in other places time is both understood to be, and is said to come, and that, in one place, jointly, Psalm 102:14), since that sentence, τὰ ἔθνη ὠργίσθησαν, και ἦλθεν ἡ ὀργή σου, is now finished. In like manner, ἐστὶ is understood after the verb ἔρχομαι, ch. Revelation 22:12. In like manner, ὁ καιρὸς (namely, ἐστι) τοῦ ἄρξασθαι τὸ κρίμα, 1 Peter 4:17; πότε ὁ καιρός ἐστιν, Mark 13:33.—τῶν νεκρῶν, of the dead) of mortals and the departed. The German Exegesis quotes many passages of Scripture speaking in this manner. Add the son of Sirach, before noticed, on Judges 1:4.—κριθῆναι) This verb, equally with δοῦναι καὶ διαφθεῖραι, is spoken concerning God, and answers to the Hebrew נשפט, which is likewise spoken of God. Isaiah 66:16; Ezekiel 38:22, in the Hebrew; and Ezekiel 17:20; Ezekiel 20:35-36; Joel 3:2, in the Hebrew, and in the Septuagint, where, however, the reading is not κριθῆναι, but διακριθῆναι; and Jeremiah 2:35; Jeremiah 25:31, in which the Septuagint has κρίνομαι. There is an allusion to the wonderful συγκατάβασις (condescension) of the Supreme Judge, whereby, for the sake of showing the justice of His cause, He blends discussion [“controversy”] with His unbending judgment. Ὅπως ἂν νικήσῃς ἐν τῷ κρίνεσθαί σε, Romans 3:4, note.

Pulpit Commentary
Verse 18. - And the nations were angry (cf. Psalm 2:1, which appears to be in the mind of the seer, for ver. 9 of the same psalm is referred to in Revelation 12:5). "The nations" raged in the period of their persecution of the Church, as set forth under the visions of the seals. They were angry, says Hengstenberg, at the progress of the kingdom of God, after the Word was made flesh. And thy wrath is come; thy wrath came. This verse points conclusively to the judgment day, the events of which, however, as before remarked (see on ver. 15), are merely indicated, not fully described. This is the last final infliction upon the wicked, the seventh of the trumpet plagues. And the time of the dead, that they should be judged; to be judged. Vitringa and others understand this judgment to refer to the dead martyrs who are now vindicated; but the meaning probably extends to all the dead, both classes of whom are referred to in the following part of the verse. And that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy Name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth; and to give their reward... and to destroy, etc. Though μικροὺς καὶ τοὺς μεγάλος, "the small and the great," is in the accusative ease, it is in apposition with the preceding datives, προφήταις ἁγίοις, φοβουμένοις, "prophets, saints, those that fear." The wicked are those who "destroy the earth," since it is on their account that the world is destroyed; they "destroy the earth" also by corrupting it, which is the force of διαφθεῖραι. In what way this destruction of the wicked is accomplished we are not told.
============================

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: keras