Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is good to see you back David.

What do we find in Revelation 11:15-18?

With the sounding of the 7th trumpet we have the kingdoms of this planet becoming the kingdoms of God and Christ, "forever".

How long is forever?

In verse 18 we find the living "nations", and "wrath", and "the time of the judgment of the dead", and "reward" for the people of God, and destruction for others.

That description is not necessarily in chronological order, but is more of a list of things which happen at the Second Coming of Christ.

THE END.

Chapter 12 begins with a review of history including the fall of Satan, and the birth and death of Christ.

I love you, Brother.

You indicated that that description is not necessarily in chronological order. The problem I have with that though, 1 Corinthians 15:52 indicates the following----In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

And if this last trump in 1 Corinthians 15:52 is this same 7th trumpet in Revelation 11, the former indicates one is changed in the twinkling of an eye. Therefore the saints would have already put on immortality before all of the lost remaining on the earth are even all physically dead yet. The GWTJ can't precede a time when there are still physically alive people on the earth. It has to be a time after all the lost are already physically dead, otherwise how do they attend the GWTJ if that judgment already precede their physical deaths?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You indicated that that description is not necessarily in chronological order. The problem I have with that though, 1 Corinthians 15:52 indicates the following----In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Based on the text below, the dead in Christ will be resurrected and will meet Christ, before the living. Based on John 5:27-30, both will occur within an hour.

1Th 4:13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope.
1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.
1Th 4:15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.
1Th 4:17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.
1Th 4:18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

Rev 11:11 Now after the three-and-a-half days the breath of life from God entered them, and they stood on their feet, and great fear fell on those who saw them.
Rev 11:12 And they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, "Come up here." And they ascended to heaven in a cloud, and their enemies saw them.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So what and when do you think the last trump in 1 Corinthians 15 is referring to? Do you connect it to 1Thessalonians 4:15-18, as I do?
The last trump is the voice of Christ, to resurrect the bodies of them the dead in Him, and to change them in Christ who are alive at the time.

1Corintians 15:51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We all shall not sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Can you show your "last trump" above, in the Book of Revelation?
No, because the last trump, the voice of Christ for the resurrection/rapture, the day and hour is not known.

But of the general timeframe, Luke 21:34-36, of the parable of the fig tree generation to look up! our redemption draws near.

All end times prophecies in the bible has been presented to man in segments.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,161.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Followed by them at the Great White Throne Judgment, who's name are found in the book of life.
It is Biblically impossible for anyone to receive immortality before the GWT, when the Book of Life is opened.
How many trumpets are there in the book of Revelation? 7, right? Not 8 or 9 or 10, etc, 7. What does that tell us about trumpets in Revelation? That the 7th trumpet is obviously the last trumpet, the fact there is no mention of an 8th trumpet, etc, in that book.
The Seven Trumpets of Revelation are part of the Great Tribulation, the punishment of the ungodly. Nothing to do with the Last Trump, which can only happen at the end of time.
Does not verse 18 say this----and the time of the dead, that they should be judged---and does not that happen at the last trumpet? Keeping in mind that there is no mention of an 8th trumpet, etc, in that book
I see Revelation 11:16-18 as a prophecy covering several future events, not in chron. sequence.
If you think the dead will be judged at the beginning of Jesus' reign, then you contradict Revelation 20:12-13. Happy with that?
In context, 1 Corinthians 15:51-57 only has saved saints in mind, and for certain not the lost as well.
Just because Paul omits to mention the lost, is no reason to say this event is only about the saved. In fact that idea is illogical and again contradicts Rev 20:11-15

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It is Biblically impossible for anyone to receive immortality before the GWT, when the Book of Life is opened.
Does that ESV say immortality or eternal life?

John 3:16 16For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, because the last trump, the voice of Christ for the resurrection/rapture, the day and hour is not known.

An unbiased witness would believe that the last trump, is the last trumpet that is blown.

An unbiased witness who reads the Book of Revelation would believe the 7th trumpet is the last trumpet, because there is no 8th trumpet.

What does the Bible say below about the 7th trumpet?

Rev 10:7 but in the days of the sounding of the seventh angel, when he is about to sound, the mystery of God would be finished, as He declared to His servants the prophets.

What is the "mystery" in the Book of Ephesians?

Eph_5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

However, you are not an unbiased witness, because you are trying to make your chart work.

If the 7th trumpet is the last trumpet, you would have to tear up your chart, and start over again.

You would also have to admit that many of your recent posts have been wrong...

• Agree
Reactions: DavidPT
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
An unbiased witness would believe that the last trump, is the last trumpet that is blown.
Strange that you would think the 7th trumpet is "the last trumpet" of a segment of the bible that is not in Revelation; and not think the woe to the inhabiters of the earth in Revelation 12:12 is the third woe, which is associated with the 7th trumpet, which is directly in the text of Revelation 8:13.

Revelation 8:13 And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!

Revelation 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

The chart shows the 7th trumpet in the right place, BaB2.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Strange that you would think the 7th trumpet is "the last trumpet" of a segment of the bible that is not in Revelation; and not think the woe to the inhabiters of the earth in Revelation 12:12 is the third woe, which is associated with the 7th trumpet, which is directly in the text of Revelation 8:13.

Since the Book of Revelation is not in chronological order, and instead is made up of a series of overlapping visions, it should not seem strange at all.

What is strange is the thought that the 7th trumpet is not the last trumpet, since there is no 8th trumpet in the Book of Revelation.
Is this the kind of logic it takes to make your chart work?

• Agree
Reactions: DavidPT
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
keras said:
Does that ESV say immortality or eternal life?
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Hello keras and Douggg.
There are some good discussion threads on the Greek word used in that verse-- G166..........

https://www.google.com/search?q=Aio...b60KHeC3BLkQrQIoBDAAegQIBBAN&biw=1366&bih=626

What Does Aionios Mean? (Part 3, Looking at the LXX)
Note: The numbering of the points continues from parts 1 and 2, so that everything is this section is 3.something.
3.1 Review
Universalists believe that no one will be punished or destroyed eternally, but rather that everyone will eventually be redeemed and live joyfully in God’s eternal Kingdom. Two of the most difficult texts for the Universalist view use the Greek word aionios. In all widely used English translations, aionios is translated as either “eternal” or “everlasting” in these two verses. It will be easy to see why, if this translation is correct, these verses are fatal to the Universalist position:

CSB Matthew 25:46 "And they will go away into eternal (aionios) punishment, but the righteous into eternal (aionios) life."

CSB 2 Thessalonians 1:9 These will pay the penalty of eternal (aionios) destruction from the Lord's presence and from His glorious strength

Universalists often respond by arguing that aionios does not mean eternal in these verses. They often argue for a meaing like “lasting for an age”.

I part 1 we looked at evidence from the 71 uses of aionios in the New Testament. I concluded that the evidence strongly supports aionios meaning “eternal” in the literal sense of “eternal” whenever it is looking forward in time.

In part 2 I examined an argument which is commonly seen in popular Universalist writings but which some Universalists avoid. This argument basically says that since the adjective aionios is derived from the noun aion and since aion means “an age”, then aionios must mean “lasting for an age.” I explained that this argument is doubly wrong. It commits the etymological fallacy of determining the meaning of a word from its roots rather than from its usage. Further, since aion as used in the New Testament most commonly refers to a future eternal age, even using their wrong methodology, the most likely meaning for aionios when referring to things in the coming age would be “eternal”.
YLT)
John 3:16 for God did so love the world, that His Son -- the only begotten -- He gave, that every one who is believing in Him may not perish, but may have life age-during<166>.

Strong's Concordance with Hebrew and Greek Lexicon

G166
αἰώνιος (aiōnios)occurs 71 times in 69 verses
STRONGS NT 166: αἰώνιος
αἰώνιος, -ον, and (in 2 Thessalonians 2:16; Hebrews 9:12; Numbers 25:13; Plato, Tim., p. 38 b. [see below]; Diodorus 1:1; [cf. WHs Appendix, p. 157; Winers Grammar, 69 (67); Buttmann, 26 (23)]) -ος, -α, -ον, (αἰών);
1. without beginning or end, that which always has been and always will be: θεός, Romans 16:26 (ὁ μόνος αἰώνιος, 2 Macc. 1:25); πνεῦμα, Hebrews 9:14.
2. without beginning: χρόνοις αἰωνίοις, Romans 16:25; πρὸ χρόνων αἰωνίων, 2 Timothy 1:9; Titus 1:2; εὐαγγέλιον, a gospel whose subject-matter is eternal, i. e., the saving purpose of God adopted from eternity, Revelation 14:6.
3. without end, never to cease, everlasting: 2 Corinthians 4:18 (opposed to πρόσκαιρος); αἰώνιον αὐτόν, joined to thee forever as a sharer of the same eternal life, Philemon 1:15; βάρος δόξης, 2 Corinthians 4:17; βασιλεία, 2 Peter 1:11; δόξα, 2 Timothy 2:10; 1 Peter 5:10; ζωή (see ζωή, 2 b.); κληρονομία, Hebrews 9:15; λύτρωσις, Hebrews 9:12; παράκλησις, 2 Thessalonians 2:16; σκηναί, abodes to be occupied forever, Luke 16:9 (the habitations of the blessed in heaven are referred to, cf. John 14:2 [also, dabo eis tabernacula aeterna, quae praeparaveram illis, 4 Esdras (Fritzsche, 5 Esdr.) 2:11]; similarly Hades is called αἰώνιος τόπος, Tobit 3:6, cf. Ecclesiastes 12:5); σωτηρία, Hebrews 5:9; [so Mark 16 WH, in the (rejected) 'Shorter Conclusion'].
Opposite ideas are: κόλασις, Matthew 25:46; κρίμα, Hebrews 6:2; κρίσις, Mark 3:29 (Rec. [but L T WH Tr text ἁμαρτήματος; in Acta Thom. § 47, p. 227 Tdf., ἔσται σοι τοῦτο εἰς ἄφεσιν ἁμαρτιῶν καὶ λύτρον αἰωνίων παραπτωμάτων, it has been plausibly conjectured we should read λύτρον, αἰώνιον (cf. Hebrews 9:12)]); ὄλεθρος [Lachmann text ὀλέθριος], 2 Thessalonians 1:9 (4 Macc. 10:15); πῦρ, Matthew 25:41 (4 Macc. 12:12 αἰωνίῳ πυρὶ κ. βασάνοις, αἳ εἰς ὅλον τὸν αἰῶνα οὐκ ἀνήσουσί σε).
[Of the examples of αἰώνιος from Philo (with whom it is less common than ἀΐδιος, which see, of which there are some fifty instances) the following are noteworthy: de mut. nora. § 2; de caritate § 17; κόλασις αἰ. fragment in Mang. 2:667 at the end (Richter 6:229 middle); cf. de praem, et poen. § 12. Other examples are de alleg, leg. iii., § 70; de poster. Caini § 35; quod deus immut. § 30; quis rer. div. her. § 58; de congressu quaer, erud. § 19; de secular sec 38; de somn. ii. § 43; de Josepho § 24; quod omn. prob. book § 4, § 18; de ebrietate § 32; de Abrah. § 10; ζωὴ αἰ.: de secular § 15; Θεός (ὁ) αἰ.: de plantat. § 2, § 18 (twice), § 20 (twice); de mundo § 2. from Josephus: Antiquities 7, 14, 5; 12, 7, 3; 15, 10, 5; b. j. 1, 33, 2; 6, 2, I; κλέος αἰ. Antiquities 4, 6, 5; b. j. 3, 8, 5, μνήμη αἱ.: Antiquities 1, 13, 4; 6, 14, 4; 10, 11, 7; 15, 11, 1; οἶκον μὲν αἰώνιον ἔχεις (of God), Antiquities 8, 4, 2; ἐφυλάχθη ὁ Ἰωάννης δεσμοῖς αἰωνίοις, b. j. 6, 9, 4.
SYNONYMS: ἀΐδιος, αἰώνιος: ἀΐδ. covers the complete philosophic idea — without beginning and without end; also either without beginning or without end; as respects the past, it is applied to what has existed time out of mind. αἰώνιος (from Plato on) gives prominence to the immeasurableness of eternity (while such words as συνεχής continuous, unintermitted, διατελής perpetual, lasting to the end, are not so applicable to an abstract term, like αἰών); αἰώνιος accordingly is especially adapted to supersensuous things, see the N. T. Cf. Tim. Locr. 96 c. Θεὸν δὲ τὸν μὲν αἰώνιον νόος ὁρῆ μόνος etc.; Plato, Tim. 37 d. (and Stallbaum at the passage); 38 b. c.; legg. x., p. 904 a. ἀνώλεθρον δὲ ὄν γενόμενον, ἀλλ’ οὐκ αἰώνιον. Cf. also Plato's διαιώνιος (Tim. 38 b.; 39 e.). Schmidt, chapter 45.]
A Greek study on
Aion, Aionion, Aionios and Olam

The Greek church fathers unpacked the concept behind the Greek adjective aionios as sentence in the Nicene creed. This understanding weighs heavy because it is leaning on the authority of the Nicene council itself. I believe we need to heed this understanding.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Revelation 8:13 And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!

Revelation 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

The chart shows the 7th trumpet in the right place, BaB2.

If the GT leads to the 7th trumpet, then I don't see the problem. You seem to think, unless I misunderstood you somewhere, that the 7th trumpet leads to the GT. But that couldn't possibly be correct though. The 7th trumpet is at the end of the 70th week, not in the middle of it instead. If it's in the middle that would make Pre-trib the correct position. No way do I think Pretrib is even a valid position, let alone a correct position.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If the GT leads to the 7th trumpet, then I don't see the problem. You seem to think, unless I misunderstood you somewhere, that the 7th trumpet leads to the GT.
No I don't think that the 7th trumpet leads to the Great Tribulation. The setting up of the image of the beast in the temple (the abomination of desolation) is what leads to the Great Tribulation. I show on my chart the Great Tribulation beginning on day 1185.

The 7th trumpet sounds after the Great Tribulation will have begun.

The 7th trumpet is at the end of the 70th week, not in the middle of it instead. If it's in the middle that would make Pre-trib the correct position. No way do I think Pretrib is even a valid position, let alone a correct position.

The 7th trumpet is associated wit the third woe to the inhabiters of the earth. Satna being cast down to earth, having great wrath is the third woe. It is called a woe to the inhabiters of the earth in Revelation 12.

Satan has a time, times, half times left at that point. Which puts the 7th trumpet sounding at the middle of the 7 years.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No I don't think that the 7th trumpet leads to the Great Tribulation. The setting up of the image of the beast in the temple (the abomination of desolation) is what leads to the Great Tribulation. I show on my chart the Great Tribulation beginning on day 1185.

The 7th trumpet sounds after the Great Tribulation will have begun.

I guess I need to look at your proposed chart a little closer, but in the meantime I'm having difficulty following some of your logic.

The 7th trumpet is associated wit the third woe to the inhabiters of the earth. Satna being cast down to earth, having great wrath is the third woe. It is called a woe to the inhabiters of the earth in Revelation 12.

Satan has a time, times, half times left at that point. Which puts the 7th trumpet sounding at the middle of the 7 years.

Here you say the 7th trumpet sounds at the middle of the 7 years---which seems to make my point that you appear to be placing the 7th trumpet leading to the GT, yet above you argue the exact opposite.

If the 7th trumpet sounds in the middle of the week, well there are only 42 months remaining of that week, which is exactly the amount of time the beast reigns in Revelation 13. This same 42 months is the GT.

Maybe to you these things are making perfect sense, but to someone like me I find some of your conclusions confusing rather than making perfect sense instead. Like the post of yours I am currently addressing, to me you are contradicting yourself instead of these things all squaring with one another.

An example of an alleged contradicting I am noticing----The 7th trumpet sounds after the Great Tribulation will have begun----Which puts the 7th trumpet sounding at the middle of the 7 years.

That would have to mean for there to be no contradiction here, the GT would have to initially begin sometime during the first half of the 70th week since you are on record saying the 7th trumpet initially sounds at the middle of the week. Yet the GT couldn't possibly begin during the 1st half of the 70th week.

IMO you might be better off starting over, thus trying something else, something that doesn't come across contradictory like the above appears to.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just because Paul omits to mention the lost, is no reason to say this event is only about the saved. In fact that idea is illogical and again contradicts Rev 20:11-15

Let's test that theory then.

1 Corinthians 15:57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

This is obviously being applied to those meant in verse 52. Do you then think verse 57 can be applied to the lost dead who end up cast into the LOF, that God also givetheth them victory through our Lord Jesus Christ as well? Think context---we have to interpret Scriptures in context, not out of context--if we expect to arrive at any correct conclusions. The fate of the lost can be found nowhere in the context in 1 Corinthians 15:51-57.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Here you say the 7th trumpet sounds at the middle of the 7 years---which seems to make my point that you appear to be placing the 7th trumpet leading to the GT, yet above you argue the exact opposite.
David, I think in your mind you have the Great Tribulation beginning in the middle of the week, the exact middle of day 1260.

If so, that is not what I think. I take 1335 days and subtract it from day 2520, the day Jesus returns to earth. 2520-1335 is day 1185, the abomination of desolation will be placed in the temple. It is on my chart below.

upload_2019-9-27_12-44-31.jpeg

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
An example of an alleged contradicting I am noticing----The 7th trumpet sounds after the Great Tribulation will have begun----Which puts the 7th trumpet sounding at the middle of the 7 years.

That would have to mean for there to be no contradiction here, the GT would have to initially begin sometime during the first half of the 70th week since you are on record saying the 7th trumpet initially sounds at the middle of the week. Yet the GT couldn't possibly begin during the 1st half of the 70th week.
Exactly. The Great Tribulation will begin on day 1185, which is 75 days before the exact middle. The Great Tribulation begins toward the end of the 1260 days of the two witnesses..

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Since the Book of Revelation is not in chronological order, and instead is made up of a series of overlapping visions, it should not seem strange at all.

What is strange is the thought that the 7th trumpet is not the last trumpet, since there is no 8th trumpet in the Book of Revelation.
Is this the kind of logic it takes to make your chart work?

BaB2, you are not going by the text in Revelation. The 7th trumpet is associated with the third woe in Revelation. Nothing is said in Revelation about it being the last trumpet, in a different segment of the bible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
David, I think in your mind you have the Great Tribulation beginning in the middle of the week, the exact middle of day 1260.

If so, that is not what I think. I take 1335 days and subtract it from day 2520, the day Jesus returns to earth. 2520-1335 is day 1185, the abomination of desolation will be placed in the temple. It is on my chart below.

View attachment 263917

I'm going to have to look at your chart a bit closer, but I don't mind admitting, that in general, oftentimes charts tend to confuse me more than they tend to enlighten me. But that's me, the same might not be true for others though.

Let me point out something else I see as a contradiction.

Revelation 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Revelation 13:4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

How can both be true at the same time? How is it logical that the kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever---if at the same time, it is the beast that is regning and having control over the kingdoms of the world?

IMO Revelation 11:15 can't get fulfilled until after the beast has already reigned the 42 months allotted it. Let's also keep in mind this---Revelation 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

How is that possible if The kingdoms of this world are already become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; thus He then at that time begins reigning forever and ever, as in literally, as in over and upon the earth?

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Let me point out something else I see as a contradiction.

Revelation 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
David, take a look at Revelation 10:

5 And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven,

6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer: [David, that is just another way of saying the time has come]

7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

The 7th trumpet sounding is the completing actions that will bring to a finish the mystery of God, which he declared to the prophets.

The mystery of God is how He brings in the Kingdom of God to be the ruling kingdom on this earth. In order to do that, Satan's kingdom of mystery Babylon the Great which has been ruling over the earth ever since the nations began back in Genesis, has to be dismantled. Along with the kingdom of the beast, and his rule over the world as Satan's man

"are become" is different than "have become". "are become" is that something is taking place. Which the beginning of that something is Satan and his angels being cast down to earth from the second heaven as God begins dismantling Satan's kingdom. Satan will have only a time, times, and half times left.

During that time, Satan's man, the beast, will be ruling the earth from a human perspective. God sends the judgments of the trumpets and vials to destroy the beast's kingdom over the course of the second half to the seven years.

IMO Revelation 11:15 can't get fulfilled until after the beast has already reigned the 42 months allotted it. Let's also keep in mind this---Revelation 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
The beast in Revelation 11 had just got through making war on the two witnesses and killing them. The two witnesses though come back to life, are called up to heaven, leaving this world. Without the two witnesses around, the beast will rule 42 months unimpeded.

In Revelation 13, it says the people of world say who is able to make war against the beast. Well, one reason for saying that is that he had just killed the two witnesses when nobody else could.

In Revelation 12:6 is the 1260 days of the two witnesses. Near the end of that 1260 days, the image of the beast will have been placed in the temple, and the Jews flee into the wilderness, as the two witnesses battle with the beast - until they are killed. Leaving the beast to rule unimpeded for the 42 remaining months.

Right after the two witnesses are killed and the big earthquake in Revelation 11, the 7th trumpet sounds and the war in heaven takes place in Revelation 12:7-9.

Satan will be cast down, having a time, times, half times left. Satan will take action during that time to incarnate the image of the beast, making it appear to come alive and speak. Which the people of the world will be required to worship the image, which in reality will be direct worship of Satan.

First half

1260 days - Revelation 11:3, 12:6

In the second half
the first 3 1/2 days - Revelation 11:11
leaving 42 months - Revelation 11:2 (the beast kingdom nations), 13:5 (the beast rule unimpeded)
and the time, times, half times - Revelation 12:14 (Satan's remaining time)

Last edited:
Upvote 0