Widlast

Feb 11, 2016
Eastern USA
✟35,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The native Americans came across the Bering straight in 3 waves. First around 30K BC, second around 12 K BC, third around 10 K BC. The first group was apparently related to the Han Chinese, the other two seem to be more related to the Mongols. No Polynesians in the mix.

• Informative
Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
There very well might have been some Polynesian input by sea along the long western coasts of the Americas. However anthropological studies( including DNA) indicate that the greatest influence by far was the Asian migration across the Bering land bridge.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,107,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe that the natives of America were all Polynesian and that there are no Arab, European, Jewish, or otherwise settlements. I believe that the vikings may have tried to settle America, but were unsuccessful.

Scientists find genetic link between Native Americans and Pacific Islanders
Kon-Tiki theory, that is what I am calling it, was that the South American Indians sailed to Polynesia and settle there. It's possible that there was some mixing with some Polynesians sailing to South America rather than the other way around.

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I believe that the natives of America were all Polynesian and that there are no Arab, European, Jewish, or otherwise settlements. I believe that the vikings may have tried to settle America, but were unsuccessful.

I believe their origin was mostly from North east Asia.. American natives and Siberian Asians are very similar.. Some Polynesians may have made it to the west coast of the USA but i do not believe they made much impact to the genetics of American natives.. You also have to take into account that a lot of East Asians had interactions with Polynesians. So both American natives and Polynesians have Asian genetic influence.. So it is not surprising that scientists would find genetic similarities between the two groups..

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,107,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe their origin was mostly from North east Asia.. American natives and Siberian Asians are very similar.. Some Polynesians may have made it to the west coast of the USA but i do not believe they made much impact to the genetics of American natives.. You also have to take into account that a lot of East Asians had interactions with Polynesians. So both American natives and Polynesians have Asian genetic influence.. So it is not surprising that scientists would find genetic similarities between the two groups..
They didn't find a connection between the Pacific Islanders and North American Indians only in South American Indians.

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
They didn't find a connection between the Pacific Islanders and North American Indians only in South American Indians.

Well maybe in the recent past some Polynesians came via the island chains to south America.. for instance Easter island has a lot of south American style ruins .. so it could be that Polynesians and South Americans met and intermingled there and people from that island went back to south America after, taking back with them the Polynesian genetics with them..

My Brother went to the french Polynesia islands and saw Inca type ruins there and asked the natives there if they built them.. The natives said that the ruins belonged to the former people who where on the island when they came to it.. He asked what happened to them former people and the Polynesian said there had been wars between them and they had eaten them.. They where cannibals during those past times.. They had no trouble admitting this to my brother..

What generally happened during wars like that is the men are killed and the best of the woman are taken as servants and wives. this genetics are mixed up..

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Blackmarch

Legend
Oct 23, 2004
Utah, USA
✟32,616.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single

Have you looked into the haplotype x and type x2 genetics (which is mostly found in some of the eastern us tribes)?

I also find north eastern tribe lore interesting; they say they came from the east in 8 turtle boats.

You may also want to look into out-of-place-parts (or ooparts as it is sometimes referred to) there some interesting things there.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
We do know that Polynesians reached Easter Island some 1200 years ago. Recent DNA studies indicate that they must have continued on to South America, engaged in some gene mixing, and then returned to permanently settle Easter Island.

DNA studies have pretty much settled the question of the origins of the aboriginal peoples of the Americas --- they are from north-east Asia. There remains the possibility of rare and isolated contact with Polynesian people along the west coast of the Americas.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
^^^This

The DNA studies have pretty much confirmed where the majority of the people came from. What remains to be seen and studied are who else may have came and did not stay or did not have more than a few people that did not mix. For example, we now know the Vikings/Greenlanders came to Canada and possibly further south. It seems possible the Chinese made it at some point to the west coast. The Basque were fishing in North American waters almost certainly. Polynesians almost certainly came to South America. There is also contentious evidence of Egyptian, and others having been over here at some point.

• Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
^^^This

The DNA studies have pretty much confirmed where the majority of the people came from. What remains to be seen and studied are who else may have came and did not stay or did not have more than a few people that did not mix. For example, we now know the Vikings/Greenlanders came to Canada and possibly further south. It seems possible the Chinese made it at some point to the west coast. The Basque were fishing in North American waters almost certainly. Polynesians almost certainly came to South America. There is also contentious evidence of Egyptian, and others having been over here at some point.

Quite right. As much as these visits are fascinating, the visitors left almost no genetic evidence they were ever here except for a few blue eyes Inuit. Another interesting historical bit is that the Polynesians colonized Easter Island about 1200 years ago. But we also know that at least some of them went on and spent some time on the coast of South America before returning. DNA studies show some gene mixing with South American Indians.

Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well I was going to dig up the old dna disproves the Book of Mormon thread but we can put this here.

DNA proves the Book of Mormon.

Alma 63 About 56–52 B.C
5 And it came to pass that Hagoth, he being an exceedingly curious man, therefore he went forth and built him an exceedingly large ship, on the borders of the land Bountiful, by the land Desolation, and launched it forth into the west sea, by the narrow neck which led into the land northward.

6 And behold, there were many of the Nephites who did enter therein and did sail forth with much provisions, and also many women and children; and they took their course northward. And thus ended the thirty and seventh year.

7 And in the thirty and eighth year, this man built otherships. And the first ship did also return, and many more people did enter into it; and they also took much provisions, and set out again to the land northward.

8 And it came to pass that they were never heard of more. And we suppose that they were drowned in the depths of the sea. And it came to pass that one other ship also did sail forth; and whither she did go we know not.

Many LDS leaders have said that the Polynesian are descendants of Lehi, I could give some quotes but we will skip them.

My sweet daughter in law is from the Philippines and she recently had her dna check. It came back Asian, no surprise, some lower Asian as in India and Polynesian with some Tongan and Samoan. And surprise surprise 1% Native American.

My first thought was some poor lost Indian on Magellan's ship escaped or something but no this 1% goes back beyond the thousand year marker, I don't think they can tell much beyond that point dates. So there ya have it, American Natives living in the islands and traveling around all over the place just as the Book of Mormon says.

Isa 11
" And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, ..... and from the islands of the sea."

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The native Americans came across the Bering straight in 3 waves. First around 30K BC, second around 12 K BC, third around 10 K BC. The first group was apparently related to the Han Chinese, the other two seem to be more related to the Mongols. No Polynesians in the mix.

Who says Polynesians weren't related to Han Chinese?

Upvote 0

Widlast

Feb 11, 2016
Eastern USA
✟35,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well I was going to dig up the old dna disproves the Book of Mormon thread but we can put this here.

DNA proves the Book of Mormon.

Alma 63 About 56–52 B.C
5 And it came to pass that Hagoth, he being an exceedingly curious man, therefore he went forth and built him an exceedingly large ship, on the borders of the land Bountiful, by the land Desolation, and launched it forth into the west sea, by the narrow neck which led into the land northward.

6 And behold, there were many of the Nephites who did enter therein and did sail forth with much provisions, and also many women and children; and they took their course northward. And thus ended the thirty and seventh year.

7 And in the thirty and eighth year, this man built otherships. And the first ship did also return, and many more people did enter into it; and they also took much provisions, and set out again to the land northward.

8 And it came to pass that they were never heard of more. And we suppose that they were drowned in the depths of the sea. And it came to pass that one other ship also did sail forth; and whither she did go we know not.

Many LDS leaders have said that the Polynesian are descendants of Lehi, I could give some quotes but we will skip them.

My sweet daughter in law is from the Philippines and she recently had her dna check. It came back Asian, no surprise, some lower Asian as in India and Polynesian with some Tongan and Samoan. And surprise surprise 1% Native American.

My first thought was some poor lost Indian on Magellan's ship escaped or something but no this 1% goes back beyond the thousand year marker, I don't think they can tell much beyond that point dates. So there ya have it, American Natives living in the islands and traveling around all over the place just as the Book of Mormon says.

Isa 11
" And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, ..... and from the islands of the sea."
Nonsense. The test look for particular markers which are prevalent in certain race groups. That does not in any way say that they don't exist in other race groups rarely. Read the fine print, her "DNA check" is at best an educated guess.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nonsense. The test look for particular markers which are prevalent in certain race groups. That does not in any way say that they don't exist in other race groups rarely. Read the fine print, her "DNA check" is at best an educated guess.

Nope they said she was 1% native American, apparently there are a lot of Polynesians with dna from Native Americans. The Mayans had a shipping industry and traveled all over the place. It's not hard to see that some might get blown off course and end up lost on an island somewhere and the Book of Mormon having nothing to do with it.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well maybe in the recent past some Polynesians came via the island chains to south America.. for instance Easter island has a lot of south American style ruins .. so it could be that Polynesians and South Americans met and intermingled there and people from that island went back to south America after, taking back with them the Polynesian genetics with them..

My Brother went to the french Polynesia islands and saw Inca type ruins there and asked the natives there if they built them.. The natives said that the ruins belonged to the former people who where on the island when they came to it.. He asked what happened to them former people and the Polynesian said there had been wars between them and they had eaten them.. They where cannibals during those past times.. They had no trouble admitting this to my brother..

What generally happened during wars like that is the men are killed and the best of the woman are taken as servants and wives. this genetics are mixed up..

So the Polynesians ate the Incas on the Easter Islands! Who would have thought that the mighty Incas could be overcome by a bunch of homeless canoe rowers and wind up on their dinner plates!

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I am a bit curious, do you know what test company she used? I just did two DNA tests as well to find out my background. Neither of them give any date on when the markers may have been added to my DNA. So, while I apparently have 6% Iberian DNA, neither test said when that came into the mix. Also, do they get more specific other than "Native American"? For example, in me the "Iberian" could be Spanish, Portuguese, Basque, Catalan, or even North African.

Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am a bit curious, do you know what test company she used? I just did two DNA tests as well to find out my background. Neither of them give any date on when the markers may have been added to my DNA. So, while I apparently have 6% Iberian DNA, neither test said when that came into the mix. Also, do they get more specific other than "Native American"? For example, in me the "Iberian" could be Spanish, Portuguese, Basque, Catalan, or even North African.

I'm not sure, I think she got it from Ancestry, I'll have to ask her. My brother did his and found us a bunch of cousins we didn't know we had. Seems great grandpa had a mistress, his wife's sister. My uncles should have known about it but never said a word. We've also discovered grandma was born in Mexico, we had no idea. My mother grew up a totally only child, no cousins at all and now she can say; 'I called my cousin'.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
^^^This

The Vikings made it all the way to Oklahoma even.

Upvote 0