✟44,831.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Planet Narnia

Many of you C. S. Lewis lovers outside the UK might not yet be aware of a new book recently published which seems to have solved the mystery behind what appears to be silly randomness in the Chronicles of Narnia. An M. Div. student at Cambridge happened upon what some think is now the obvious pattern and basis for Lewis’s seven tales that his many peers and critics made light of as children’s folly. Even J. R. R. Tolkien called his efforts a mish-mash. Those of you who’ve seen “Shadowlands” know what I’m referring to.

BBC recently aired a documentary on Michael Ward’s path to discovery behind Lewis’s perceived inspiration for the Narnia works and it’s incredibly interesting. I would provide a link to the BBC player, but they’ve already pulled the video off the site, which may or may not matter, since I never was able to access it from the US. It does seem that a DVD of the documentary will soon be available (link below), but if you can get a copy of Dr. Ward’s book, that would likely do. Surely, the documentary will be on US and Canadian TV soon enough.

Links to Planet Narnia info:

[FONT=&quot]Book and author site

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Christian reviews
[/FONT]
Documentary site (The Narnia Code)

[FONT=&quot]The Independent reviewhttp://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...ews/planet-narnia-by-michael-ward-792454.html
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]The book is available on Amazon for all interested and I’m sure other book stores are carrying it as well. I haven’t yet read it, but will be looking for it this weekend if the library doesn’t have it. I can hardly wait.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
If anyone here has already read Planet Narnia, let us know what you think. I believe what Dr. Ward offers makes sense.
:)
[/FONT]