Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
People love to fit and categorize others into groups. Why is this meaningless quiz used as a valid topic of discussion on the internet and holds such popularity? It’s only for entertainment. This short video explains how this all works. I thought some might enjoy this info and feel somewhat freed by realizing this is not a valid way to identify one’s self and box yourself in. Climb out of that box! :)
3 minutes and 35 seconds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5pggDCnt5M

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I love taking quizzes like this
never paid to take it, either

where husband works, they hired a company to test employees even husband
after receiving results, mgmt moved people around to different jobs they were supposedly better suited for them!
It all started with the military but there is no scientific data that indicates that anybody performed any better or worse for the positions they were actually trained in. People evolve. Personality tests are made by humans. The tests reveal more about those that made them than those that take them. The Myers-Briggs test does not make money by charging for the test but in other ways as the video explains.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Glad someone is exposing this nonsense...

For a start Christians should not heed, and identify with, the classifications of an unredeemed social sample.

In this respect it is little better than astrology.

Our identity should be in Christ.

Carl Jung who pioneered the concept was rather a Godless thinker...

I firmly believe that in Him we can discover who we were meant to be and be freed to honour Him in our created uniqueness.

My position may sound radical but the truth sets us free - not classifications that set out to authenticate our unredeemed natures.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Glad someone is exposing this nonsense...

For a start Christians should not heed, and identify with, the classifications of an unredeemed social sample.

In this respect it is little better than astrology.

Our identity should be in Christ.

Carl Jung who pioneered the concept was rather a Godless thinker...

I firmly believe that in Him we can discover who we were meant to be and be freed to honour Him in our created uniqueness.

My position may sound radical but the truth sets us free - not classifications that set out to authenticate our unredeemed natures.
Personality tests are pretty much like tarot, astrology, etc. all data studying these type of quizzes show they are nonsense. I know people love them but I feel bad for those that box themselves in with their results. It’s crazy what people invest in when it comes to labeling. I guess it’s a good way to start a conversation but tragic when people really believe this stuff and are held hostage to it.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
if you went to college, you took an interest test & ability test which was helpful in discovering interests & abilities

surprisingly, we were all born creative but many if not most lose that creativity by age 6

we have nurtured creativity in our child but many parents don't & we can honor God by discovering our God given talents

unfortunately, many if not most people just do the same thing day after day after day & never invest in themselves nor discover who they are & often various tests can help a person discover what they might be interested in trying

rarely do people actually try new things, go for a completely different job, stretch their abilities, etc
Interest/ability tests and productivity tests are completely different than taking a personality test. People evolve. They are not afraid of change. Personality tests are afraid of change.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
when husband was downsized out of job, we paid a company to help him find a job

they did all kinds of testing on him & believe personality related tests, also

he ended up in a totally different field from college degree

he went out of his comfort zone
he discovered talents he didn't know he had
he has several patents now & none of his new found creativity was part of his former job

tests can help discover & lead in a new direction
We are discussing personality tests. There are all sorts of tests. Some more valid than others. Personality tests such as the one in the op are strictly for entertainment. Like psychic hotlines.

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
People love to fit and categorize others into groups. Why is this meaningless quiz used as a valid topic of discussion on the internet and holds such popularity? It’s only for entertainment. This short video explains how this all works. I thought some might enjoy this info and feel somewhat freed by realizing this is not a valid way to identify one’s self and box yourself in. Climb out of that box! :)
3 minutes and 35 seconds.
So anyway, I hope this helps someone out that has boxed themselves in with this type of thing. :)

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I love taking quizzes like this
never paid to take it, either

husband's employer hired company to test employees
husband had to be tested despite being in mgmt
after receiving results, company moved people around to different jobs

company is big on analysis of employees to improve productivity!
I've read Tim LaHay's books on the temperaments. I found it pretty accurate. If you use the information correctly, it can help. For example, don't expect a totally introverted melancholic child to enjoy big crowds and lots of excitement. Sanguine kids are naturally friendly and fun loving. It can be taken too far, but it can be useful.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
exactly & I said this company tested husband's personality!
Look it up. It does not make it valid. This is the hangout. I’m not here to debate you about it. If you want to hitch your wagon to it, go ahead.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've read Tim LaHay's books on the temperaments. I found it pretty accurate. If you use the information correctly, it can help. For example, don't expect a totally introverted melancholic child to enjoy big crowds and lots of excitement. Sanguine kids are naturally friendly and fun loving. It can be taken too far, but it can be useful.
Of course that sort of thing is common sense but you cannot expect to label someone through out a lifetime and expect the same thing. That’s what makes it all so ridiculous.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
personality tests have been 100% accurate for me

I'm a rare personality type so very few people connect with me as there are very few people similar to me

only met a handful of people who are like me/who connect with me & it's awesome coming across such a person
That’s great. Whatever works for you and makes you happy.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
some do like the test:

"Ben Newman, a senior HR business partner at a leading financial services organisation, disagrees. He says that at his company the MBTI is a well-used and popular test. High potentials are tested, he says, and those who are at the top end of their grade are put through in cohorts of 10-15 so that it can be a collective learning experience.

"A big part of leadership is being self-aware," says Newman. "The Myers-Briggs test really helps to build self-awareness and becomes a great tool for understanding how we interact with the world and the people around us."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
some do like the test:

"Ben Newman, a senior HR business partner at a leading financial services organisation, disagrees. He says that at his company the MBTI is a well-used and popular test. High potentials are tested, he says, and those who are at the top end of their grade are put through in cohorts of 10-15 so that it can be a collective learning experience.

"A big part of leadership is being self-aware," says Newman. "The Myers-Briggs test really helps to build self-awareness and becomes a great tool for understanding how we interact with the world and the people around us."

For Newman, one of the most useful outcomes of the MBTI is tackling social stigma. Extroversion is the biggest area of misunderstanding in the workplace, Newman explains. He says people often presume extroverts have better social skills than those labelled introverts, but this is not necessarily true.

"The division just shows where people draw their energy from, either from within themselves or from others," Newman adds. "The MBTI makes it fine to be an introvert."

At Newman's organisation, there is a strong cultural emphasis on EQ, today's shorthand for emotional intelligence. The company uses many different packages for employees at all different grades, from graduates to managing directors. According to Newman, Myers-Briggs is the test people really grasp."

“My impression of these kinds of tests is that they don’t work,” Dr. Narayanan said. “Human behavior is multifaceted and complex and dependent on your environment and biological state, whether you’re depressive, manic, caffeinated. I’m skeptical of what you can learn from answering ten questions or observing someone’s behavior for just 30 minutes.”
Personality Tests Are the Astrology of the Office (Published 2019)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.