Magnolia, AR
✟991,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, everyone. :) I was thinking of posting a few samples of music from every folder on my PC on occasion to kind of maybe give you a glimpse of my personality from the specific songs I am attracted to. ^-^ I encourage anyone else to post from their personal collections, too.

The way my collection works is that I have a folder on a huge secondary hard drive named SK's Music. It must be, oh, over 300 gigs in size, now, mostly due to YouTube videos of random things in one particular subfolder that is not necessarily dedicated to music but other stuff like comedy sketches and funny critical reviews of games and movies that I find on YT. But there are about 30 subfolders in all for just audio files of music of all kinds. Depending on the number of files in each subfolder, I will post a sample from YouTube (if I can find th esong on there without it being blocked) anywhere from one or two to five or six to represent each subfolder, so you can have a good glimpse into the kind of stuff I have tucked away in my music box. ^_^ (Yes, downloaded from YouTube, bought as an mp3, but nothing as a result of pirating since I quit that habit a long time ago.) These subfolders will be listed in alphabetical order as they appear on my PC. 'Like my things neat and orderly. ^_^

So, here I go with Part 1 of SK's Music Box =>

From "Air TV" Folder:
Air was a strange and hard-to-follow but somehow pleasant anime with many a likable character. About this wandering guy with a peculiar ability for puppeteering who stumbles upon a harbor town whose inhabitants - each with their own personal mental and emotional problems - really change the course of his life over a magical summer season.

First and foremost here is the tv series ending theme, the "Farewell Song", probably my most favorite song in Japanese of all time.

This is a non-vocal song that plays, if I remember, correctly when the male protagonist meets the first friend he'll make in this new town, a friendly autistic girl named Misuzu, easily one of the most likable characters in the anime I have seen (although that isn't a very high bar to set =P )

From "Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon" Folder:
While secular music from the pop or rock genres are grouped more generally together, a lot of the subfolders in SK's Music Box are reserved for individual anime I either still really like, or know from my past and long-realized were silly but still have great music. This is an example of the latter. ^-^

This is the rendition of "Heart Moving" that is found on the Sailor Moon Orgel Fantasia CD. "Orgel Fantasia is a Sailor Moon anime CD that contained music from the anime series arranged for the celesta" (quoted from Wikia). I don't know what that means in musical terms, actually; I just know that the songs on this CD are pleasant to hear. :)

The opening theme in Japanese to Sailor Moon Stars, a season I never saw as a kid because I think only the first two of five or six seasons total ever made it to the U.S. in the 90's.

And finally, perhaps my favorite vocal song from this anime,

From "Cardcaptor Sakura" Folder:
Unfortunately none of the songs from the OST I could find on YouTube in their original forms. I guess it's one of those things that just gets blocked on copyright grounds or whatever. So these three songs below are all vocal.

"Tooi Kono Machi de" (perhaps my second favorite song in all of anime) =>
Tooi kono machi de Naomi - SCC (sub español + roma)

"I am a Dreamer" (in third place, right after "Tooi Kono Machi de" ^_^ ) =>
Sakura Cardcaptor - I Am A Dreamer

Also, this one is a song from a
CD I happened across by sheer accident one time during college, in some out-of-the-way comics store, where apparently the female cast of Cardcaptor Sakura put on a Christmas concert or something at their school =>
Maria no Komoriuta

And now we finally get to a folder for something other than anime music. It's from video games, now. ^_^
From "Chrono Cross/Chrono Trigger":
Chrono Cross turned out to be a disappointing game in the very end mostly due to its story and cast of characters that were 80% useless and inconsequential, but one tremendous strength it always had was its musical score. Even better music overall than its predecessor Chrono Trigger.

Chrono Cross OST - Another Arni

Chrono Cross OST - Reminiscence

Chrono Cross OST - Dimension Breach

Chrono Trigger - Memories of Green

Whew. That's enough for now. More to come later.

Again, I encourage everyone to post their own music collection if they so desire. :)

Last edited:

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,162,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I mainly listen to metal, black metal specifically. Pretty nervous about posting such music on here.. since many of them have anti-Christian themes to them. Honestly I find that Satanic/anti-Christian stuff pretty stupid and teenage edge lordy.. but I do love the sound of the music and the vocals.

Other than that.. my tastes are pretty diverse. Enjoy 60's/70's folk music.. and some 80s New Wave. 90s Alternative rock/grunge.

Most of the time I do not care for the lyrics.. but the band Depeche Mode is one of the few that the lyrics are actually often quite meaningful to me. They've been making quality music for decades now.

Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Nice collection =) I have a diverse taste in music, but mainly have some Christian, 90s and a few other songs I've purchased over the years, with some royalty-free techno music I use for my game development videos.

Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟150,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
The music I have on the computer includes some music from Sonic games, a few songs/remixes made by other people (a few from Youtube and the others from a site I used to be on that no longer exists) which they let everyone download for free, and some songs/remixes that I made myself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟208,942.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Cool idea. For my contribution to this thread I've decided to go through the alphabet, posting one song from my music collection for each letter. It might be a tough task considering the size (according to iTunes, I have 66.7 days' worth of music), but I'll give it a try.

# (I'm including numbers so that I've got 27 and that can be split into nine batches of three)

12th Avenue - a South Africa rock band who sadly they don't exist anymore - they now perform under the singer's name and the sound is a bit more commercial and less to my liking, but they were good while they lasted.

A

Arena - a British progressive rock band, so their songs can be on the longer side, but this is one that I never grow tired of listening to.

B

The Boomtown Rats - probably best known for "I Don't Like Mondays" (and for being Bob Geldof's band), but I prefer their other number one song.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟991,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And you can hear some of the songs and remixes I've made here: Multifavs
I've made more songs and remixes than that, but I only uploaded a few of the original songs that turned out the best and the remixes that turned out the best.

Hey, that's cool, Multi. How did you create these, anyway? Never heard of SoundCloud before. Listening to them right now. ^-^

• Friendly
Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟150,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Hey, that's cool, Multi. How did you create these, anyway? Never heard of SoundCloud before. Listening to them right now. ^-^
Thanks! I hope you enjoy them. :)
The songs called "Magical Secret", "Another Song", "The Lost Desert", "Peaceful Day", and "Don't Go" were made using a site called Aviary that no longer exists. The others were made using a free online program called AudioSauna. It's a good program!

Last edited:
Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟991,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All right, so here is Part 2 of SK's Music Box! (and for those that may have worried a little, there is less anime this time ^_^ ) =>

From "Classical Music":
This is "Clair de Lune" by Claude Debussy. I have always been a moderate fan of classical music, but I admit even I had never heard of this song until it was featured in the game The Evil Within as the song playing softly on a nearby gramophone in certain locales to let the protagonist know that, for the moment, he was safe from the nightmarish creatures and boogeymen he'd been battling in his mind.

"The Last Spring", a beautiful violin concerto,

And then, easily my favorite whimsical piece from the classical era, "Waltz of the Flowers",

From "Da Capo":
As I once said before, the anime just seemed like another lame harem-themed gag reel to me. But out of sheer curiosity I happened across a torrent containing music from pretty much every Da Capo album in existence one day ten years ago, and I chose to give it a shot. All of that had to be deleted and rebuilt from scratch after I decided that torrenting was not suitable for a knight such as myself some time later, but yeah, the music at least is fantastic. Ranging from beautifully sad to bright and cheery to perk up one's day. :)

[Vietsub + Kara] Ai No Sora - Yui Horie

26 mirai he no melody tv size
_________

From "Debbie Gibson":
Some of us here were very lucky to be born in the 80's. To know what good pop music was like. ^_^ Anyone who agrees with me that Debbie Gibson was the lady of the 80's, please rate "agree" on this post. :)

Debbie Gibson - Between The Lines (Album Version)

Debbie Gibson - Nobody's You

And the below song ... just ... wow. There isn't a single moment of this song that I dislike. Not a single lyric or note. Debbie just sings with raw power and emotion here and doesn't mess up a note in my opinion. And then the tremendous saxophone solo at the end really seals it.
Debbie Gibson - No More Rhyme

Part 3 next!

Upvote 0

Citanul

May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟208,942.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
C

Cold Chisel - an Australian band who were apparently second only to AC/DC in popularity in their homeland, but they never really made it internationally. It's not for a lack of good songs though.

D

Dream Theater - my favourite band for a long time. I was already started to move away from what was being played on the radio when I first heard them, but they were the band who sparked the shift towards metal and progressive rock, which now make up the bulk of my collection.

E

Esoterica - not a particularly well-known band (although that could probably be the case for a lot of what I'm going to post), but I do like this cover. Unfortunately for the band, it is a bit of a failing when one of their better songs isn't an original.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟991,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Cold Chisel - an Australian band who were apparently second only to AC/DC in popularity in their homeland, but they never really made it internationally. It's not for a lack of good songs though.

Shoot. Only heard the first thirty seconds of this one so far and I already know I like it. You have good taste, Citanul. :D

Reactions: Citanul
Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I have most of my music in iTunes except a few cds I've gotten quite recently. I used to listen to music more often off my computer, but I don't as much now. Currently I have slightly over 4k songs/or recordings in my itunes (I need to delete some of them sometime) Here is a list of songs that I bothered to rate 5 stars (I usually listen to my music on shuffle and don't think about rating songs). I've listed them in the order of most played. Here is just the first 5 because that's all is allowed per post. :eek:

1. Move by Thousand Foot Krutch
(somehow when I was gathering these songs I accidently changed the rating of this song to 4 stars so missed it... but then when I thought of it I thought it was odd that.. this song wasn't here... I've played this song almost twice as much as the second song on this list.)

2. Dandelions by Five Iron Frenzy

3. Starling by Brave Saint Saturn

4. Whispers in the Dark by Skillet

5. Far Far Away Five Iron Frenzy (since I already shared one... or two... by this band I'll skip this one) :)

6. Never Alone by Barlow Girl (skipping this one because I kinda want to share the 7th song, plus I think their official music video... was kinda distracting from the song)

7. I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by the Proclaimers

It's so hard to only post 5 songs......

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Citanul

May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟208,942.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
You have good taste, Citanul. :D

Thanks. So do you - I was going to comment on it in my next batch of songs, but I agree with you about the 80s being a good time for music (although I have to confess to not being familiar with Debbie Gibson, other than "Electric Youth").

Upvote 0

Citanul

May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟208,942.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
It's so hard to only post 5 songs......

I know. That's why I went with the idea of one song for each letter of the alphabet, as placing restrictions makes it a bit easier to pick songs, although it's still tough choices for some letters.

Upvote 0

Citanul

May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟208,942.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
F

Falling Mirror - a South African band who could probably be described as similar to Dire Straits fronted by Syd Barrett as they combined some excellent guitar playing with lyrics that could be rather strange at times (they had a song called "I Wish I Was A Purple Door"). This song is the title song from what is perhaps one of the stranger concepts for an album you'll find, all about the singer's obsessions with the chemist (pharmacist for Americans :D) who provided him with his antipsychotic medication.

G

Genesis - forget the 80s when they became megastars, their early days were the best.

H

The Human League - I mentioned a couple of posts up that I'm a fan of 80s music, and while I tend to go for the rock bands, I do have a soft spot for synthpop, and this is one of the classics of that genre.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟991,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
(although I have to confess to not being familiar with Debbie Gibson, other than "Electric Youth").

*GASP!*

:p

... And actually, I think Electric Youth was one of her not-as-good songs. Though still light years ahead of half the pop drivel made since 2000. ^_^

Upvote 0

Citanul

May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟208,942.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Though still light years ahead of half the pop drivel made since 2000. ^_^

I took a listen to some of her songs, and I definitely agree with you on that. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure why I didn't know any other songs by her - maybe she wasn't quite so popular in South Africa and hasn't had quite the same staying power here as others have, which is why I haven't heard her on the local radio stations that play 80s music.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟991,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
7. I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by the Proclaimers

It's so hard to only post 5 songs.....

A classic. ^-^ I would totally serenade my future Lady Knight with this song. ^_^ I think Todd in the Shadows from YouTube recently made a video covering other songs and albums this plucky Scottish duo made over their time; if I recall correctly, they are actually still in the business.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟991,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Part 3! =>

From "Devil Hunter Yohko" :
Apparently one of those random attempts to give the "mature themes" flair to the magical-girl anime. But I can't deny I was a fan of it for three or four years as a teen. There are only five songs in total in this folder, so I will feature my one favorite among them :), "Because of the Full Moon",

From "dot.HACK" :
I never got into watching the show much at all, but I did like the series of dot.HACK games that came out for the Playstation 2 around 2002 to 2005.

This first song is from a short series called Liminality, each episode of which came packaged with the first three of four PS2 dot.HACK games. Each of the three episodes of Liminality were kind of boring to watch, if I had to be honest, but this one violin solo here is easily my favorite song I have heard in all of the dot.HACK franchise.

And of course, I know for sure @Swan7 would recognize this classic ^_^ ,

From "Final Fantasy" :
There's a lot to cover from this folder, so I hope you are ready. ^_^ What is contained within are thirty or so remixes and covers from various Final Fantasy games and even one or two from the movies, as well as select tracks from both the Final Fantasy VII and IX OST's (the second best and absolute best games in the series, respectively), for a total of well over one hundred in all. Also a very chosen few from the Final Fantasy VIII, X, and XII OST's.

A piano sonata of one of the best tracks in any Final Fantasy game, "Melodies of Life",

Bad game, serious song (because the piano never sounds better than when used in Final Fantasy games) ^_^,

These next two are heard in-game playing FFIX,
Final Fantasy IX - Border Village Dali (Dali Theme) (33/139)
Final Fantasy IX Soundtrack : "Rose of May"
(Rose of May is actually in my top five of best video game tracks of all time, RPG or otherwise. Naturally, it is the character theme of a lady knight, once fallen due to many crimes committed by her sword in the name of blind and dangerously unwavering loyalty, but eventually restored to honor by the power of love and forgiveness :) )

The next three are from Final Fantasy VII in-game: "Holding My Thoughts in Heart", a lovely little theme for a trek through a mountainous dungeon; Cid Highwind's awesome character theme; and another happy little dungeon theme, "Buried in the Snow" =>
Final Fantasy VII - Holding My Thoughts in My Heart [HQ]
Final Fantasy VII - Cid's Theme [HQ]
Final Fantasy VII - Buried in the Snow [HQ]

And finally from the folder dedicated to the greatest of RPG music comes my absolute favorite song from any video game ever, a near perfect 10, "Ami",
Final Fantasy VIII - Ami [HQ]

Hope you enjoy listening to them. ^-^

Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
A classic. ^-^ I would totally serenade my future Lady Knight with this song. ^_^ I think Todd in the Shadows from YouTube recently made a video covering other songs and albums this plucky Scottish duo made over their time; if I recall correctly, they are actually still in the business.
Sweet! I didn't realize they were still making music. :)
I've only heard maybe one other song by them that was in a Shrek movie I think.

Upvote 0