Houston, Texas, USA
✟16,420.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I haven't seen the movie "The Island" yet, but based on some of the write-ups I have read, it will definately be the next movie I do go to see.

I just read a review on Agape Press comparing "The Island" to two of C.S.Lewis' books "The Abolition of Man" and "The Weight of Glory".

http://headlines.agapepress.org/archive/7/292005g.asp

All I can say is "WOW"... this says it all!.

Son-cerely,
Nathan Powers

AquaFINEa

Feb 5, 2005
✟338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Natman said:
I haven't seen the movie "The Island" yet, but based on some of the write-ups I have read, it will definately be the next movie I do go to see.

I just read a review on Agape Press comparing "The Island" to two of C.S.Lewis' books "The Abolition of Man" and "The Weight of Glory".

Son-cerely,
Nathan Powers

I have seen the movie, but never heard of any of those books before, lol. It was an interesting movie -and reminds us of how often we have to keep defining and re-defining everything; from the term beautiful to life itself.

What should be a "given" is no longer as such anymore. :doh:

Upvote 0

Simonline

The Inquisitor
Aug 8, 2002
North West England
Visit site
✟13,927.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Natman said:

Son-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Well, that has definitely whetted my appetite.

If you're into Clive Staples Lewis then keep your eyes open for The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe due to be released around Christmas as the first installment of the complete Narnia Chronicles (just like they did with Tolkein's Lord Of The Rings).

Simonline.

Upvote 0

AquaFINEa

Feb 5, 2005
✟338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Simonline said:
That is only true in a world without an absolute.

Simonline.

I was referring to people whose conscience conveniently "leaves" them when a situation is being presented, new technology surfaces or when a particular topic is being discussed. What had been defined as fundamental truth years upon years ago (and has been labeled as such) is constantly being re-defined, in a world which seeks to advance itself, regardless of the cost to the environment, physical beings...the soul, itself. There is nothing wrong with advancement, so long as there is not a "come hell or high water"-attitude taken. We must continually seek God and His counsel, not man and his faulty "expertise."

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.