May 5, 2006
✟58,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A 1948 Panhead. I don't know much about this bike, I just think it looks cool. :D The rust adds character. :D

1948-Harley-Davidson-Panhead-1.jpg

Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

MarkSB

May 5, 2006
✟58,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A 1971 Servi-Car (police cruiser). I don't know if this ranks as cool, but its certainly interesting. Used from the 1930's to 1970's. Police used them to drive by parked cars and mark their tires with chalk on a stick, so they were geared for low speeds. Some of them were fitted with a left hand throttle, so the chalk could be held in the officer's right hand.

$_1.JPG

Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟665,785.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
vision1.jpg
83 Yamaha Vision only made for two years (82/83). For it's time very innovative. Water cooled, shaft drive, dual discs, air forks. Have ridden it in some really bad weather. I remember once being stopped and looking at my friend also on a motorcycle and hail is just bouncing off his helmet. He must of seen the same thing, because we just both started laughing, it was so bad. Sorry I'm not single, but I love motorcycles!

Upvote 0

Tom Mix

May 31, 2015
Earth, for now.
✟11,536.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
My bike is a 74ci Shovelhead Harley Davidson that I have owned for many years.

I have owned Triumphs, Hondas and Harley-Davidsons and have ridded most every make.

I do not have a picture of mine as it is shy and does not like pictures but I will post a picture of what it kind of looks like.

It kind of looks like this but mine has drag bars on it and a better front end.
01306.jpg

I will soon be taking it apart and will build a rigid frame for it and add a belt drive and springer forks and make myself a nice chopper for being wild around town as I will be getting a Kawasaki KLR for my main bike.

Something like this but bigger tanks.
$_1.JPG

A KLR 650......
Kawasaki-KLR-650-081.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
To post photos of your bike, or a vintage or new bike which you think is cool. Or a thread to tell stories about the last time you spat in the face of another biker (just kidding... )

Here's my ride:

A 1948 Panhead. I don't know much about this bike, I just think it looks cool. :D The rust adds character. :D

1948-Harley-Davidson-Panhead-1.jpg

This and this. :blink: :cool1:

Reactions: MarkSB
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tom Mix

May 31, 2015
Earth, for now.
✟11,536.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Interesting bike. I have read in the past that the noise from this bike drives dogs and cats insane and if you get two or three of these bikes operating on one block your animals will kill themselves.

Finally, a Harley Davidson that will do a burnout from a stop.

Upvote 0

Tom Mix

May 31, 2015
Earth, for now.
✟11,536.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
The 1942 Harley-Davidson WLA. Over 80,000 were produced for allied troops during WWII. It was also the primary motorcycle used by the U.S. Army throughout WWII.

Do you know how to tell the difference between the 45ci Flathead Harley Davidson and the 80ci Flathead Harley Davidson.

The final drive chain on the 45 ci is on the right side of the bike and the 80ci final drive chain is on the left side.

At the beginning of WWII the military was putting out the specifications for the manufactures to abide by. The military told everybody that the bike could not be bigger than 500cc and Indian produced a 500cc bike. Harley Davidson did not want to make a 500cc bike as they were producing a 750cc (45ci) bike and told the army this is what they have and they presented it for military trials.

The military ordered more Harley Davidson than Indians since they liked it better.

Harley Davidson has never played by the rules.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tom Mix

May 31, 2015
Earth, for now.
✟11,536.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private

I think Mehguy would really like this movie. If he does not want to watch the whole thing he could start at about 7 minutes and 10 seconds and by the time it hits 8 minutes and about 15 or 20 seconds he should become happy.

Short guys can do great things.

Upvote 0