Apr 22, 2011
✟7,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I understand..... I correct you when your wrong and you can do the same for me..... babylon is the church who resides in rome... and HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IRAQ

No, Babylon is an ancient city located in modern-day Iraq. It has nothing to do with Rome.

Upvote 0
Jul 4, 2011
✟8,294.00
Faith
Catholic
Hey newbie... Jerusalem is also on seven hills. Read Ezekiel 16 and study the imagery.

Of course its jerusalem. John never even knew where Rome was nor that it had seven hills. Which aren't literally seven because at least one is man made.

The "Revelation" is a copy of other apocalyptic texts in the OT. It is almost certainly not even a true revelation but a cut copy paste of old testament apocalyptic gibberish.

Just like the koran is a cut copy paste of the old testament with a sprinkle of Christ.

Upvote 0

ivebeenshown

Expert invisible poster and thread killer
Apr 27, 2010
✟17,740.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
1 One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the punishment of the great prostitute, who sits by many waters. 2 With her the kings of the earth committed adultery, and the inhabitants of the earth were intoxicated with the wine of her adulteries.”

23 “‘Woe! Woe to you, declares the Sovereign LORD. In addition to all your other wickedness, 24 you built a mound for yourself and made a lofty shrine in every public square. 25 At every street corner you built your lofty shrines and degraded your beauty, spreading your legs with increasing promiscuity to anyone who passed by. 26 You engaged in prostitution with the Egyptians, your neighbors with large genitals, and aroused my anger with your increasing promiscuity. 27 So I stretched out my hand against you and reduced your territory; I gave you over to the greed of your enemies, the daughters of the Philistines, who were shocked by your lewd conduct. 28 You engaged in prostitution with the Assyrians too, because you were insatiable; and even after that, you still were not satisfied. 29 Then you increased your promiscuity to include Babylonia, a land of merchants, but even with this you were not satisfied.
30 “‘I am filled with fury against you, declares the Sovereign LORD, when you do all these things, acting like a brazen prostitute! 31 When you built your mounds at every street corner and made your lofty shrines in every public square, you were unlike a prostitute, because you scorned payment.
32 “‘You adulterous wife! You prefer strangers to your own husband! 33 All prostitutes receive gifts, but you give gifts to all your lovers, bribing them to come to you from everywhere for your illicit favors. 34 So in your prostitution you are the opposite of others; no one runs after you for your favors. You are the very opposite, for you give payment and none is given to you.

16 The beast and the ten horns you saw will hate the prostitute. They will bring her to ruin and leave her naked; they will eat her flesh and burn her with fire. 17 For God has put it into their hearts to accomplish his purpose by agreeing to hand over to the beast their royal authority, until God’s words are fulfilled.

35 “‘Therefore, you prostitute, hear the word of the LORD! 36 This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Because you poured out your lust and exposed your naked body in your promiscuity with your lovers, and because of all your detestable idols, and because you gave them your children’s blood, 37 therefore I am going to gather all your lovers, with whom you found pleasure, those you loved as well as those you hated. I will gather them against you from all around and will strip you in front of them, and they will see you stark naked. 38 I will sentence you to the punishment of women who commit adultery and who shed blood; I will bring on you the blood vengeance of my wrath and jealous anger. 39 Then I will deliver you into the hands of your lovers, and they will tear down your mounds and destroy your lofty shrines. They will strip you of your clothes and take your fine jewelry and leave you stark naked. 40 They will bring a mob against you, who will stone you and hack you to pieces with their swords. 41 They will burn down your houses and inflict punishment on you in the sight of many women. I will put a stop to your prostitution, and you will no longer pay your lovers.

Upvote 0

ivebeenshown

Expert invisible poster and thread killer
Apr 27, 2010
✟17,740.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The "Revelation" is a copy of other apocalyptic texts in the OT. It is almost certainly not even a true revelation but a cut copy paste of old testament apocalyptic gibberish.
According to the Catholic Church, it is certainly God-authored and inspired Scripture. It has several patterns within it, and it is certainly not mindless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

InSpiritInTruth

May 15, 2011
State of Grace
✟11,335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here are a few more verses of scripture to confirm the point I was making in my post.

Revelation 17:16;"And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast; these shall hate the harlot, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire."

This sign of burning her with fire is also shown in the sacrifice of the RED heifer, who's ashes were to be mixed with the waters of separation to make the atonement, as is shown in the spiritual law.

Notice the judgment of the daughter of the priest who has played the harlot in Leviticus 21:9;"And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the harlot, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire."

She like the church was to represent the holiness of the Father, but by playing the harlot with the ways of the world, she has profaned herself, and also the good name of the Father in Heaven.

And we see her judgment is the same as the Red heifer, and the Mother of Harlots; which is to be burned with fire.

Also in Joshua 6:18-7:1-7:11-7:13-7:15-22:20 we see the sign of the accursed thing.

We see what that accursed thing was in Joshua 7:20-21 that Achan had coveted and had taken for himself.

It was a Babylonish garment, 200 shekels of silver, and a wedge of gold that was 50 shekels.

In this we see Achan went against the Word of God, and coveted after the materialistic things of this world, over the will of God. Basically, he, like Judas, sold out the Truth for personal gain.

And notice his judgement in Joshua 7:15;"And it shall be, that he that is taken with the accursed thing shall be burnt with fire, he and all that he has: because he has transgressed the covenant of the Lord, and because he has wrought folly in Israel."

Truly the man-made church has turned the house of worship, into a den of thieves.

Upvote 0

Tzaousios

Αυγουστινιανικός Χριστιανός
Dec 4, 2008
Comitatus in praesenti
Visit site
✟19,229.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It only took a little over a page before someone started to bloviate about "MYSTERY BABYLON/THE harlot OF BABYLON = ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH!!!1111." That has to be a new world record, if not a CF General Theology record.

Upvote 0

John Stefanyszyn

Feb 28, 2011
✟670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mr. In SpiritIn Truth,

Baylon = confusion....each doing his own interests
Harlots...a harlot is a daughter ("religion") who justifies fornication / adultery with other men (other gods) for her own desires, pleasures, gain, and interests (spiritual adultry against God)
Mother of the harlots...she is the beginning of this desire to justify fornication for one's own interests (Satans's belief)
Abominations....the belief and way which desires to be above the One True God....i.e. the belief that Adam and Eve chose...to decide for themselves what is right in their eyes for their own interests....denying the Father's righteousness as the One and Only True Way.

James 4:4; " You adulterers and adulteresses, know you not that friendship of the world is enmity with God?" Whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God."

....friend of the world = friend of the god of the world = friend of the belief in self-interest / self-righteousness / self-rule / the desire and choice for freedom of one's rights and one's "religion/god".

Both describe the same message.

Man and many Christians have already willingly received and embraced this mark on their hands or on their foreheads.

I pray that you will confess the One and Only True Way, Christ, the Son of the One and Only True Creator God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

washedagain

Resting in the Palm of His Hand
Jul 11, 2011
Austin Tx
✟16,154.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yup. That's the one. All is taken from the apocalyptic gibberish of the OT. Nothing original just a copy of the OT.

Both are nonsense.

The word of God is nonsense and gibberish... are you of the opinion that the books in the bible are not of God?

Help me understand where you are coming from.

I see that you are Catholic... the Catholic Church believes the books of the bible are Inspired and indeed the very word of God.

Upvote 0