seeker777

Thinking is not a sin.
Jun 15, 2008
✟9,354.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Marriage is a religious rite for the establishment of the basic family unit for the procreation and nuturing of the species in the sight of GOD.

What about infertile couples or the elderly?

No marriage for them? Yikes!

Now that's what I call a serious black and white definition!

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟905,276.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Marriage is a religious rite for the establishment of the basic family unit for the procreation and nuturing of the species in the sight of GOD.

Actually, it started as a civil ceremony for the dispensation of property and the protection of bloodlines.

Reactions: WatersMoon110
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Really? What about when atheists or non christians get married? What about ancient aztecs or egyptians who had never heard of your god?

GOD still knows, sees, and hears. Their rituals become what is used to convict them at judgment. (Read the book of Romans)

Upvote 0

cantata

Queer non-theist, with added jam.
Feb 20, 2007
Oxford, UK
✟24,693.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
GOD still knows, sees, and hears. Their rituals become what is used to convict them at judgment. (Read the book of Romans)

I guess you can leave that to God, then, and let people marry whichever other consenting people they wish.

Upvote 0

Beanieboy

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
✟50,122.00
Faith
Christian

People who married are not required to be religious, let alone believe in God's existence, nor are they required to have children.

Why are such people allowed to marry, then, under you reasoning?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
B

Braunwyn

Great vid. Thanks for the laugh!

BS. I'm married. I'm an athiest. I don't have children. I was married before my christian friends married and I'm just as married now that they're divorced. Your ilk has no say in it. Deal.

Reactions: pgp_protector
Upvote 0

ReverendDG

Defeater of Dad and AV1611VET
Sep 3, 2006
✟10,901.00
Faith
Pantheist
Politics
US-Others
what a load of rubbish

by the way LN way to be a killjoy:doh:

as for everyone else: glad ya all liked it, i was watching in and thought i should share it^_^

Upvote 0

Sitswithamouse

I look Time Lord
Mar 6, 2005
Devon, UK
✟13,926.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Greens
jeeze i pooped myself. lol

so, who invented marriage anyway?

according to the movie "Michael" the archangel first created it.

heh.
Oh Gosh Micheal!!!

BATTLE!!!!
That film was brilliant.

Yeah Marriage in my book is two people who love each other and want to share their lives together and why not as fornicaton is such bad trouble.

If you are married then you commit no sin and marriage is for all.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Beanieboy

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
✟50,122.00
Faith
Christian

Romans 1:
21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

There are a lot of things condemned here, but the passage is clearly about idol worshippers. The focus isn't on same-sex sex, but also on their hearts which are full of murder, envy, deceit, unmerciful, have exchanged God for birds, four legged creatures, and lower beings.

Of the part talking about lust of man for man and woman for woman, this is done in context of their idol worship.

In my personal opinion Paul was referring to same sex sexual acts committed in idolatrous worship by people he regarded as heterosexual. Even the most conservative theologian can only give their opinion as to what type of same sex acts Paul was referring to. No one can state that God clearly condemns all homosexuality activity based upon these verses. It is just too vague.
http://whosoever.org/bible/romans.shtml

Does this sound like me, for example, who is in a committed relationship, who finds that the thing most important to me in that relationship is to give love, rather than demand it, to care for my partner emotionally and physically, and to treat others in loving kindness without any expectation of getting anything in return?

I once said that I see God in all life. I see God in trees, in ladybugs, in butterflies, in the shape of clouds. I hear a bird sing, I think of God singing. God is all things, and all things are God. Once you understand that, know that you are worthy of love, and all things are part of one being, as parts of the body are part of one being, you start caring about those other "parts of the body", and loving them, and caring for them, becomes natural, intuitive, and done without thinking.

To this, I was quoted Romans 1:23, saying that I worshipped nature. "When I see a bird, I just think that it is a stupid bird." He doesn't appreciate that which God has created. He then used Romans to prove that this idol worship applied directly to me.

The Pharisees did the same, even claiming that Jesus healed in the power of Satan. I think that there was clearly an exchange of God for something far lower, but I don't think that was on my part. If one condemns someone for seeing the Creator in the Creation, whom do they serve by making such an accusation? Whom do they serve by taking a verse about Idol Worship and what can only be read as heterosexuals having same sex sex, and trying to falsely apply it to blanket homosexuality, and same sex people's love for one another?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.