United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

A clean up was done of a conversation that was flaming. There is other flaming in this thread. Folks, it needs to stop. If this thread is just to poke at other Christian churches, it will be closed.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,267.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Then how do you know if your impulses are fruit of the Spirit or just you faking it?
He know because he is walking in the spirit and fails from time to time and the spirit convicts his heart and he asks for forgiveness for his failure. He does not walk in sin. That's what we all do who are believers. We trust in Christ righteousness in us to save us from the moments we fail. We don't walk in sin because we are endeavoring to walk in the spirit and be obedient. Sometimes we stumble and give into the flesh but that is not our life.

Upvote 0

Wordkeeper

Oct 1, 2013
✟91,080.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He know because he is walking in the spirit and fails from time to time and the spirit convicts his heart and he asks for forgiveness for his failure. He does not walk in sin. That's what we all do who are believers. We trust in Christ righteousness in us to save us from the moments we fail. We don't walk in sin because we are endeavoring to walk in the spirit and be obedient. Sometimes we stumble and give into the flesh but that is not our life.

I could say this is the same condition as any non-believer who has determined to live a moral life, even atheists. Especially atheists, since they have a point to prove.

What's different about you who are indwelt by the Holy Spirit and can bear fruit?

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,267.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I could say this is the same condition as any non-believer who has determined to live a moral life, even atheists. Especially atheists, since they have a point to prove.

What's different about you who are indwelt by the Holy Spirit and can bear fruit?
The difference is we have the righteousness of Christ. We are not soley dependant on works. It is Christ in us the hope of Glory. The unbeliever thinks they do not need Christ and can get to heaven on their own merits. The believer trusts that Jesus is the only way and no man comes to the Father except through him. We believe it when the bible says believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved. The unbeliever cannot follow Christ because they are slave to sin. We are constantly being sanctified by Christ for the life I live in the flesh I live by the faith of the son of God who lived me and gave himself for me. The unbeliever does not have that or the Holy Spirit.

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. And the life that I now live in my body, I live by faith, indeed, by the faithfulness of God’s Son, who loved me and gave himself for me.I don’t ignore the grace of God, because if we become righteous through the Law, then Christ died for no purpose. - Galatians 2:20-21 Bible Gateway passage: Galatians 2:20-21 - Common English Bible

Upvote 0

Wordkeeper

Oct 1, 2013
✟91,080.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The difference is we have the righteousness of Christ. We are not soley dependant on works. It is Christ in us the hope of Glory. The unbeliever thinks they do not need Christ and can get to heaven on their own merits. The believer trusts that Jesus is the only way and no man comes to the Father except through him. We believe it when the bible says believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved. The unbeliever cannot follow Christ because they are slave to sin. We are constantly being sanctified by Christ for the life I live in the flesh I live by the faith of the son of God who lived me and gave himself for me. The unbeliever does not have that or the Holy Spirit.

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. And the life that I now live in my body, I live by faith, indeed, by the faithfulness of God’s Son, who loved me and gave himself for me.I don’t ignore the grace of God, because if we become righteous through the Law, then Christ died for no purpose. - Galatians 2:20-21 Bible Gateway passage: Galatians 2:20-21 - Common English Bible

So your bad habits don't go away miraculously. And you sinful impulses still trouble you.

Reactions: Jwlickliter
Upvote 0

Jwlickliter

Jul 19, 2017
Bryan
✟10,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As myself, since I found God I try my hardest to do right and good to people. So I worked very hard and still learning to not do sins that affect other people. I just thought this was key.

Sins like stealing, cheating, lying and fighting etc.

Fight hard but we all fail. Just don't accept laziness and keep failing. Just find your point or level and do that.

I think that's how I found my success in a life and world that has none. 0.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,267.00
Faith
Pentecostal
So your bad habits don't go away miraculously. And you sinful impulses still trouble you.

What are trying to say or what's your point with all this? You throw out stuff like this but don't really say your point.

Reactions: Jwlickliter
Upvote 0

Jwlickliter

Jul 19, 2017
Bryan
✟10,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok this is for everyone cause modhat gave 1 warning and I think that's all we get.

So the difference between a debate and arguing.

Debating is sharing points of view and maybe a story or or two.

Fighting is getting upset at a point of view.

Have a good day!

• Agree
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wordkeeper

Oct 1, 2013
✟91,080.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Romans 7:21-Romans 8:2
21I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good.22For I joyfully concur with the law of God in the inner man, 23but I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members.24Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death? 25Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.

Romans 8:1-2
1Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

New Living Translation
Romans 8:2
2And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death.

Last edited:
Upvote 0