The Monuments that were destroyed during the BLM riots.

Forest_Garden

Dec 7, 2020
Houston
✟3,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'd like to discuss the monuments that were defaced and destroyed during the Black Lives Matter organization riots, or as it has been described, the murder of George Floyd protests.

List of monuments and memorials removed during the George Floyd protests - Wikipedia

Can we go through number by number each monument that was defaced or removed by city ordinance or destroyed by protesters during the George Floyd protests.

^The History and representation of the monument.

^The reasons as to why whoever had defaced, removed, or destroyed the monuments
had done so.

Lets keep each reply for the second subject matter which is stated above under one of two criteria, what has been stated officially for the record or if you have sources or opinion that differ
say so and let it be addressed that its unofficially or to be determined for the second
question of course.

If you want to discuss or debate the history of the monuments.

You can do so here:

History of the monuments that were affected during the George Floyd protests

Lets start with the first on the list on wikipedia,

Statue of Charles Linn

Statue of Charles Linn - Wikipedia

Last edited by a moderator:

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The destroying of the statues reminds me of when Islamic governments took over new regions and destroyed statues and artwork, due to the peripheral involvement of the nation of Islam in the protests.

Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,271.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Can we go through number by number each monument that was defaced or removed by city ordinance or destroyed by protesters during the George Floyd protests.

You're kidding, right? I stopped counting at 80. And you want to go throught them all?

If you'd like to make a point about whether statues should be removed or destroyed and the pros and cons of defacing and vandalising them, then feel free. I'm sure there'll be some interesting comments. And some might reference a particular statue. But can we discuss a couple of hundred individually? No, we can't.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟299,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'd like to discuss the monuments that were defaced and destroyed during the Black Lives Matter organization riots, or as it has been described, the murder of George Floyd protests.

List of monuments and memorials removed during the George Floyd protests - Wikipedia

had done so.

Lets keep each reply for the second subject matter which is stated above under one of two criteria, what has been stated officially for the record or if you have sources or opinion that differ
say so and let it be addressed that its unofficially or to be determined for the second
question of course.

You can do so here:

link

Statue of Charles Linn

How is this "ethics and morality" and not "politics"?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

had done so.

question of course.

You can do so here:

link

Statue of Charles Linn

People have no concept of the amount of money it takes to build something like that.

Upvote 0

Forest_Garden

Dec 7, 2020
Houston
✟3,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@Bradskii yeah we probably won't get through many of them but we get to see the reasons as to why they were removed or attacked, BLM's involvement, and was there an effort to damage or deface history as it stands today.

@Hans Blaster Because there may be an effort to harm the integrity of the country, the population, the record of history, through a concerted effort to create a movement that could have been a false flag, because these things do occur. We should look at the full examination of what is being expressed here by public officials, domestic radical organizations that we have heard about. and the details of Black Lives Matter's involvement surrounding the events of the protests that occured after the media coverage and video of George Floyd being killed by police officers, who had done so in broad day light with no concern for being filmed or seen by many witnesses. Also it cannot be claimed that it was racial or even partly due to the other police officer being asian. We need to examine this to find why the covid epidemic, the domestic attack on our countries welfare, and the "global reset" has all been major themes of the year. To many things are occuring at this time, to doubt that it is not coincidence is to deny that there is something happening here that requires our responsibility if we wish to preserve specifically that.
Morals, and ethics, more importantly freedom, health and life that is based on these very things.

Family.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟299,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
@Bradskii yeah we probably won't get through many of them but we get to see the reasons as to why they were removed or attacked, BLM's involvement, and was there an effort to damage or deface history as it stands today.

@Hans Blaster Because there may be an effort to harm the integrity of the country, the population, the record of history, through a concerted effort to create a movement that could have been a false flag, because these things do occur. We should look at the full examination of what is being expressed here by public officials, domestic radical organizations that we have heard about. and the details of Black Lives Matter's involvement surrounding the events of the protests that occured after the media coverage and video of George Floyd being killed by police officers, who had done so in broad day light with no concern for being filmed or seen by many witnesses. Also it cannot be claimed that it was racial or even partly due to the other police officer being asian. We need to examine this to find why the covid epidemic, the domestic attack on our countries welfare, and the "global reset" has all been major themes of the year. To many things are occuring at this time, to doubt that it is coincidence is to deny that there is something happening here that requires our responsibility if we wish to preserve specifically that.
Morals, and ethics, more importantly freedom, health and life that is based on these very things.

Family.

Here I thought your post should have been in Politics, when in reality it is some muddled conspiracy theory. ("global reset", "false flag", etc.)

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,271.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Here I thought your post should have been in Politics, when in reality it is some muddled conspiracy theory. ("global reset", "false flag", etc.)

Yeah...haven't seen 'false flag' for a while...

And I don't want to be a grammar nazi, but you need to watch those double negatives, turtle: 'to doubt that it is coincidence is to deny that there is something happening here...'.

Upvote 0

Forest_Garden

Dec 7, 2020
Houston
✟3,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
the terms global reset has been used publicly by the media and false flags do occur.
@Hans Blaster

False flag - Wikipedia

Conspiracy is a word because people do it, and theory has been added to the word to simply debunk and deny any claim of there being wicked or evil intent but we can see through history that people have conspired much.

At this point to deny conspiracy is debatable but no longer deniable.
Conspiracy theory is and always has been, the study of conspiracy

Conspiracy Theory - The study of conspiracy

Conspiracy - a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,271.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I don't see much use in debating the undeniable. That something is undeniable is usually the result of a debate. Not something that is decided prior to a debate.

I'd ask you for some evidence. But I get a feeling that you'd simply offer a list of some sort. So I won't.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟299,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
the terms global reset has been used publicly by the media and false flags do occur.
@Hans Blaster

False flag - Wikipedia

Conspiracy is a word because people do it, and theory has been added to the word to simply debunk and deny an claim of there being wicked or evil intent but we can see through history that people have conspired much.

Conspiracy theory is and always has been, the study of conspiracy

I know what a false flag is. You wrote:

"Because there may be an effort to harm the integrity of the country, the population, the record of history, through a concerted effort to create a movement that could have been a false flag, because these things do occur."

In what way could the George Floyd protests and any associated riots or statue removals be "false flags"?

Is this a "false flag" by the neo-confederates to get us to have sympathy for them by creating "false flag" by attacking confederate statues?

(Like that's going to work. That's why I got out my "Gnl. Sherman" avatar. Lousy neo-confederates.)

So how could those events be a "false flag". Do tell.

• Winner
Reactions: muichimotsu
Upvote 0

Forest_Garden

Dec 7, 2020
Houston
✟3,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@Bradskil yeah, I didn't proofread it enough. "I meant to say to doubt that it isn't a coincidence.."

@Hans Blaster

False flag - Wikipedia

Conspiracy is a word because people do, and theory has been added to the word to simply debunk and deny any claim of there being wickedness or evil intent to deceive with an agenda, but we can see through history that people have conspired much and do so.

Conspiracy theory is and always has been, the study of conspiracy.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,271.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
@Bradskil yeah, I didn't proofread it enough. "I meant to say to doubt that it isn't a coincidence.."

@Hans Blaster

False flag - Wikipedia

Conspiracy is a word because people do, and theory has been added to the word to simply debunk and deny any claim of there being wickedness or evil intent to deceive with an agenda, but we can see through history that people have conspired much and do so.

They say we're young and we don't know,
Won't find out unti-il we grow...

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
@Michael Collum, we are discussing the George Floyd protests and the domestic riots that occured. If you want to discuss Islamic history, please do else where.

Please do not derail the subject.
The new black panther party, and the nation of Islam are connected and involved with the BLM protests. It is related to the domestic riots.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟299,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

@Hans Blaster

False flag - Wikipedia

You put forth the possibility of a false flag. Do you have a theory or is this just chaff?

Upvote 0

Forest_Garden

Dec 7, 2020
Houston
✟3,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I suppose the National Basketball Association* here in the US and television broadcasting networks are in on it too.
Any how, plenty of hands in what had happened. Rhetoric and lobbying isn't going to resolve the situation that is being made with all of this lying. Its been established all through out the world that
Our elected officials and authorities may be corrupt but God still judges a nation by the quality of its people.

Lord, please don't allow the efforts to concert a religious war, a race war, war between the nations, and efforts to divide us by medical tyranny by forced vaccination and efforts to chastise those who don't.

Amen

God Bless, Thank you Jesus Christ.

Amen

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We could have a debate about the ethical and moral considerations of destroying or defacing anything. Statues included. From what I can tell, there are a number of people that don't have a problem with it as long as what is being destroyed or defaced is something they don't own, or they don't care about. However, when it is something they either do own or care about suddenly it becomes immoral and unethical to do so and the fact that it is illegal suddenly matters. It seems to me that the moral code many people live by is " If I and my tribe are pleased with something it is morally upright: if I and my tribe are displeased with something it is morally reprehensible.".

IMO there is no moral or ethical difference between destroying or defacing one statue and destroying or defacing another. So going through the list is not necessary from my POV. If one wants to examine the irrationality of how a mob decides to act in a destructive manner that would be a different thing. Mobs by definition are amoral and non-ethical. They only act irrationally and emotionally not caring what is right or wrong because those terms hold no meaning to the mob. All that matters is acting in compliance with whatever the group psyche demands. When one decides to become one with a mob one consciously rejects rational thought, morality and ethical standards replacing those with mindless allegiance.

Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟299,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I suppose the National Basketball League and television broadcasting networks are in on it too.
Any how, plenty of hands in what had happened. Rhetoric and lobbying isn't going to resolve the situation that is being made with all of this lying. Its been established all through out the world that
Our elected officials and authorities may be corrupt but God still judges a nation by the quality of its people.

Lord, please don't allow the efforts to concert a religious war, a race war, war between the nations, and efforts to divide us by medical tyranny by forced vaccination and efforts to chastise those who don't.

Amen

God Bless, Thank you Jesus.

Amen

I'm not sure what an Australian professional basketball league has to do with the topic (you created) in the OP. Unless you mean the US NBL made of teams from the Great Lakes region like the Fort Wayne Pistons, the Tri-City Blackhawks the Minneapolis Lakers and the Oshkosh All-Stars (I will not name the team from Sheboygan for obvious reasons), but that ended in 1949 long before televised basketball when it merged with the BAA.

Even if you are speaking of the product of that merger (the National Basketball *Association*), it is not in anyway clear what the NBA has to do with any of this or your grand conspiracy. Please do try to communicate better.

[N.B., if you want your prayers to be answered it might help if they were coherent. I doubt that your god has anymore idea than we do about the race war some unknown party (the NBA on TNT?) is trying to "concert". Bonus: Since we aren't going to answer your prayers you can keep them between you and your god, we don't need to read them.]

Upvote 0

Forest_Garden

Dec 7, 2020
Houston
✟3,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
NBA*, I don't watch basketball.