Chicago
✟22,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Years ago I was agnostic/atheist. I came across Christianity on my own, I wasn't sure if the spiritual realm existed but now I have experienced it when I wasn't ready.

From that moment onwards I had many deceivers come past, JW knocking on my door, Mormon missionaries, and I eventually left the Orthodox Church which I was new to and got swept into a cult by fear. I had no idea what the message of the Bible was, I thought it was to do what Jesus did which the cult I was apart of emphasized Passover and Sabbath day in order to get to heaven. They taught modalism, and rejected trinity, thought Jesus comes back 3 times, and his 2nd time will be secret. I had counterfeit blessings come my way which I thought were from God, but these blessings weren't from God. I am now reading about a real counterfeit spirit that pretends to be the Holy Spirit. I have experienced the spiritual, but the negative spectrum of it. My life was going downhill, and I started having thoughts what if this isn't the truth? Because the teachings were confusing and contradicting each other. I was in the process of being indoctrinated and told not to go on the internet or other Churches because they don't go to Church on the 7th day or celebrate Passover which are needed for heaven they claim, they don't even think Jesus is the savior by the way which gave me a major red flag. They also think crosses are pagan, and anyone talking about the death of Jesus they look down on.

I had enough of this and wanted to leave and follow Jesus alone, I had not talked to God for help in the past I tried doing this all on my own.

I am having waves of confusion, but as I endure I start to realize the message that is being clouded. I do not believe my works or what I do can get me to heaven, I believe I am starting to realize what Jesus did that he died for my sins and whoever believes in him ALONE that he died for your sins will be saved and not of works.

Its not Passover or Sabbath or good works. Satan tried really hard to drag me down into hell.

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,333.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Years ago I was agnostic/atheist. I came across Christianity on my own, I wasn't sure if the spiritual realm existed but now I have experienced it when I wasn't ready.

From that moment onwards I had many deceivers come past, JW knocking on my door, Mormon missionaries, and I eventually left the Orthodox Church which I was new to and got swept into a cult by fear. I had no idea what the message of the Bible was, I thought it was to do what Jesus did which the cult I was apart of emphasized Passover and Sabbath day in order to get to heaven. They taught modalism, and rejected trinity, thought Jesus comes back 3 times, and his 2nd time will be secret. I had counterfeit blessings come my way which I thought were from God, but these blessings weren't from God. I am now reading about a real counterfeit spirit that pretends to be the Holy Spirit. I have experienced the spiritual, but the negative spectrum of it. My life was going downhill, and I started having thoughts what if this isn't the truth? Because the teachings were confusing and contradicting each other. I was in the process of being indoctrinated and told not to go on the internet or other Churches because they don't go to Church on the 7th day or celebrate Passover which are needed for heaven they claim, they don't even think Jesus is the savior by the way which gave me a major red flag. They also think crosses are pagan, and anyone talking about the death of Jesus they look down on.

I had enough of this and wanted to leave and follow Jesus alone, I had not talked to God for help in the past I tried doing this all on my own.

I am having waves of confusion, but as I endure I start to realize the message that is being clouded. I do not believe my works or what I do can get me to heaven, I believe I am starting to realize what Jesus did that he died for my sins and whoever believes in him ALONE that he died for your sins will be saved and not of works.

Its not Passover or Sabbath or good works. Satan tried really hard to drag me down into hell.
No surprises there! The devil doesn't want to lose you completely. He cannot undo your salvation in Christ, but he can do what he can to make you ineffective in bearing fruit for Christ. He will do all he can to make things go wrong in your life to induce you to regret making your decision for Christ. He will instill fear through persecution, loss of job, promotion, family conflicts, auto accidents, floods of angry and lustful thoughts, to make you think that you are a total hypocrite. Jesus had to fight that battle in the wilderness and He fought it through prayer for 40 days, and when He was tired and hungry through 40 days of fasting, the devil tried, as a last ditch attempt, three times to knock Him off his faith in His Father. If our Master had to go through that, so does His servants, because we are not greater than our master.

I posted the following on another thread and I'm sure this will be helpful to you as well as you confess this to the Lord:
I am:
A child of God
A new creation in Christ
Jesus is my brother
Seated with Jesus at the right hand of God
Part of the family of God
Totally righteous in Christ
Not under any condemnation at all
Filled with the Holy Spirit
Blessed with every spiritual blessing in heavenly places
Have all authority over the devil and his demons
Able to come boldly to the throne of grace to find mercy and grace to help in time of need
Jesus is my refuge and strength, a very present help in time of trouble
The law of the Spirit of life has set me free from the law of sin and death
Jesus has set me free from the body of death
My sins have been removed from you as far as the east is from the west.
God has buried my sins in the deepest sea of His forgetfulness and put up a sign, "No fishing!"

Also, make these statements before God:

The armour of God is for, to provide me with the weapons of my warfare.
I have the helmet of salvation as a born again Christian,
I have the breastplate of the righteousness of Christ which has been given to me as a free gift from God,
I have the shield of faith to quench the fiery darts of the enemy,
I have the belt of truth - the foundation of God's Word,
My feet are shod with the gospel of peace.
I also have the sword of the Spirit, using the Word of God as a weapon against the doubts and fears the enemy would attack me in my mind,
I have the weapon of all-prayer, in which I can pour out my heart to God. The book of Psalms is a good guide about what to pray, and I am going to turn the psalms into my personal prayers.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

It's not easy in this modern era to get the simple gospel, without all the added extras.

So many Christian cults and churches with erroneous doctrine these days. My heart goes out to you, you must have struggled over the years. At least you were switched on enough to recognize, that we are saved by grace through faith.

Upvote 0

Milos

Nov 10, 2016
Chicago
✟22,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
It's not easy in this modern era to get the simple gospel, without all the added extras.

So many Christian cults and churches with erroneous doctrine these days. My heart goes out to you, you must have struggled over the years. At least you were switched on enough to recognize, that we are saved by grace through faith.

Exactly, there are 100 different gospels. One guy saying all I need to do is repent and no longer sin, another saying by doing specific works.

I prayed and I'm gonna stick with 1st Corinthians 15: 1-4. Which I believe and trust that God showed me the gospel after I seeked him and not a "teacher". That Jesus died for my sins, and to believe in him as my Lord and Savior, and not in vain.

The cult I was in was teaching that Jesus died, but it wasn't enough and we need to keep all the commands to get saved. I am now seeing how that makes no sense of what they were teaching.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Exactly, they are 100 different gospels. One guy saying all I need to do is repent and no longer sin, another saying by doing specific works.

I prayed and I'm gonna stick with 1st Corinthians 15: 1-4. Which I believe and trust that God showed me to gospel after I seeked him and not a "teacher". That Jesus died for my sins, and to believe in him as my Lord and Savior, and not in vain.

The cult I was in was teaching that Jesus died, but it wasn't enough and we need to keep all the commands to get saved. I am now seeing how that makes no sense of what they were teaching.
You right on target.

Romans 10:9-13
That if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.
For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes in Him will not be disappointed.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; for “Whoever will call on the name of the Lord (Jesus) will be saved!

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Exactly, there are 100 different gospels. One guy saying all I need to do is repent and no longer sin, another saying by doing specific works.

I prayed and I'm gonna stick with 1st Corinthians 15: 1-4. Which I believe and trust that God showed me the gospel after I seeked him and not a "teacher". That Jesus died for my sins, and to believe in him as my Lord and Savior, and not in vain.

Here are a few more verses that most clearly announce the genuine Gospel.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

John 3:36
He who believes in the Son has eternal life but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.

John 6:40
For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.

John 8:24
I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies."

John 11:26
And everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die.

John 20:31
But these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name.

Acts 15:11
But we believe that we are saved through the grace of the Lord Jesus, in the same way as they also are.

Acts 16:31
They said, believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved.

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes.

Romans 6:23
The wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 10:9
That if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

Romans 10:13
Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.

1 Timothy 1:16
Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life.

1 Corinthians 15:3-5
For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve.

• Friendly
Reactions: Milos
Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

When I was reading your post I happened to look at the time. It was 12:44. Those who read this might be thinking this to be foolishness. But I felt I will look up the Bible verses for 12:44. I was led to John 12:44.

44 Then Jesus cried out, “Whoever believes in me does not believe in me only, but in the one who sent me. 45 The one who looks at me is seeing the one who sent me. 46 I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness. John 12:44-47

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟733,159.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Sounds good, you are on the right track.

Php 1:6 God is the one who began this good work in you, and I am certain that he won't stop before it is complete on the day that Christ Jesus returns.

Upvote 0