The Mission of the Christian Church in these last days.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
In every age Christians are to -
1. Accept Christ as Savior
2. Learn about God, glorify God, and become like him.
3. Evangelize
4. Provide for others - including our family.

That is generally what Christians have been doing since the days of Adam. But there are "punctuated events" in human history where Christians take on an added mission -

1. In Noah's day the mission was to warn the world of the flood and point to the way of escape - build the Ark.
  2. In John the baptizer's day it was to warn the chosen nation of the approaching Messiah and prepare them to accept Him.
  3. In Paul's day it was to launch the Christian church with the good news that the Messiah had come.
  4. Today at the end of time just before the second Advent - the appearing of Christ as described in Matt 24 and Rev 19 -- - it is to give the final warning message to the world as seen in the 3 Angel's messages of Rev 14 (The everlasting Gospel).

Just as the door of the ark closed in Gen 7 and the fate of all mankind was sealed - so also Rev 14 prepares mankind for the Rev 15:8 closed door that is the trigger event for the seven last plagues of Rev 16 - and then the appearing of Christ in Rev 19.

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
3. Evangelize

That is generally what Christians have been doing since the days of Adam. But there are "punctuated events" in human history where Christians take on an added mission -

1. In Noah's day the mission was to warn the world of the flood and point to the way of escape - build the Ark.
  2. In John the baptizer's day it was to warn the chosen nation of the approaching Messiah and prepare them to accept Him.
  3. In Paul's day it was to launch the Christian church with the good news that the Messiah had come.
  4. Today at the end of time just before the second Advent - the appearing of Christ as described in Matt 24 and Rev 19 -- - it is to give the final warning message to the world as seen in the 3 Angel's messages of Rev 14 (The everlasting Gospel).

Just as the door of the ark closed in Gen 7 and the fate of all mankind was sealed - so also Rev 14 prepares mankind for the Rev 15:8 closed door that is the trigger event for the seven last plagues of Rev 16 - and then the appearing of Christ in Rev 19.

If this is true, and I'm not even hinting it isn't, then why isn't this forum full of SDAs eager to speak of and discuss RxF?
We seem to be eager to discuss everything but RxF which is the only way for anyone to ever become righteous. We have the greatest news the world has ever known and we hide it under a bushel basket.

Several have written to me, inquiring if the message of justification by faith is the third angel's message, and I have answered, “It is the third angel's message in verity.” The prophet declares, “And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.” Brightness, glory, and power are to be connected with the third angel's message, and conviction will follow wherever it is preached in demonstration of the Spirit. How will any of our brethren know when this light shall come to the people of God? As yet, we certainly have not seen the light that answers to this description. God has light for his people, and all who will accept it will see the sinfulness of remaining in a lukewarm condition; they will heed the counsel of the True Witness when he says, “Be zealous therefore, and repent. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.”

The Church is presented as standing in a self-satisfied, pleased, proud, independent position, ignorant of her destitution and wretchedness. By her attitude she says, “I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing.” How many who claim to be keeping the commandments of God are in this position today! The charge against the Church is, “Thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot.” But while many may be satisfied with their lukewarm condition, the Lord is far from pleased, and declares that unless you are zealous and repent, he will spue you out of his mouth. But he warns you, he entreats you. He says, “Thou knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eye-salve, that thou mayest see.” The gold that Jesus would have us buy of him is gold tried in the fire; it is the gold of faith and love, that has no defiling substance mingled with it. The white raiment is the righteousness of Christ, the wedding garment which Christ alone can give. The eye-salve is the true spiritual discernment that is so wanting among us, for spiritual things must be spiritually discerned. Review and Herald April 1, 1890 paragraphs 8 and 9

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The gold that Jesus would have us buy of him is gold tried in the fire; it is the gold of faith and love, that has no defiling substance mingled with it. The white raiment is the righteousness of Christ, the wedding garment which Christ alone can give. The eye-salve is the true spiritual discernment that is so wanting among us, for spiritual things must be spiritually discerned.

To our brethren who are standing in this self-confident, self-satisfied position, who talk and act as if there was no need of more light, we want to say that the Laodicean message is applicable to you. Many professed Christians are without Christ because they refuse to weave his principles of truth into their life. The word of God declares, “Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness; for they shall be filled.” We should pray earnestly and inquire with sincere hearts as to what the will of the Lord is, that we may be ready to receive the blessing we so much need.

We must have oil in our vessels with our lamps, and not be like the foolish virgins of the parable whose lamps went out as they slumbered and slept, and who had no oil to replenish them, and so failed to be ready to meet the bridegroom. We should seek for a living experience, and obtain the grace of Christ. We need his love and gentleness; we need our faith revived. Let no one disregard the counsel of God, but let us all buy of him gold, and white raiment, and plead for the anointing of his Holy Spirit. Jesus desires us to have a personal knowledge of the truth, and we should search the heart carefully, critically, cease to do evil, and learn to do well. Jesus says, “As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten; be zealous therefore, and repent.” No one should feel like rebelling, like standing in defiance of God, because he rebukes you on account of your lukewarm condition and spiritual pride. God condescends to entreat you that he may talk with you, and invites you to open the door of the heart, that he may come in and sup with you, and you with him. He declares, “To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.” Review and Herald April 1, 1890 paragraphs 10-12

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Today at the end of time just before the second Advent - the appearing of Christ as described in Matt 24 and Rev 19 -- - it is to give the final warning message to the world as seen in the 3 Angel's messages of Rev 14 (The everlasting Gospel).
Are souls resurrected at the second Advent?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Are souls resurrected at the second Advent?

It is called the "first resurrection" in Rev 20 and it happens at the revelation/appearing/Advent of Christ in Rev 19. But they also "come to life" at the second resurrection.

Rev 20:
4 Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were completed. This is the first resurrection.

In 1 Thess 4:13-18 it is the body of the saints - "the dead in Christ" that rise first - but in terms of the soul it "has fallen asleep in Jesus" according to 1 Thess 4:13-18 -

In the technical terms of Matt 10:28 only the body is destroyed at the first death - not the soul. That which "sleeps" -- 'exists'. That which returns to dust - no longer exists as 1 Cor 15 points out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If this is true, and I'm not even hinting it isn't, then why isn't this forum full of SDAs eager to speak of and discuss RxF?
We seem to be eager to discuss everything but RxF which is the only way for anyone to ever become righteous. We have the greatest news the world has ever known and we hide it under a bushel basket.

Usually there is a lot of enthusiasm to discuss something that is a "hot topic" with multiple views - but Righteousness by faith "Having BEEN justified by faith WE HAVE peace with God" Rom 5:1 is not hotly debated. Noah himself "pursued righteousness which is by faith" Heb 11

Heb 11:7 By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with godly fear, prepared an ark for the saving of his household, by which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is according to faith.

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
In 1 Thess 4:13-18 it is the body of the saints - "the dead in Christ" that rise first - but in terms of the soul it "has fallen asleep in Jesus" according to 1 Thess 4:13-18 - In the technical terms of Matt 10:28 only the body is destroyed at the first death - not the soul. That which "sleeps" -- 'exists'. That which returns to dust - no longer exists as 1 Cor 15 points out.
But the soul / nefesh is in the blood, isn't it?

Lev 17:11 For the nefesh of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you on the altar to make atonement for your nefesh; for it is the blood by reason of the nefesh that makes atonement.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Usually there is a lot of enthusiasm to discuss something that is a "hot topic" with multiple views - but Righteousness by faith "Having BEEN justified by faith WE HAVE peace with God" Rom 5:1 is not hotly debated. Noah himself "pursued righteousness which is by faith" Heb 11

Heb 11:7 By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with godly fear, prepared an ark for the saving of his household, by which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is according to faith.
Righteousness by faith, as taught by the Bible and Ellen White is hotly debated. Why? Because it includes sanctification. Justification cannot be separated from sanctification. That is very plainly stated in the quote I gave.

The Church is presented as standing in a self-satisfied, pleased, proud, independent position, ignorant of her destitution and wretchedness. By her attitude she says, “I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing.” How many who claim to be keeping the commandments of God are in this position today! The charge against the Church is, “Thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot.” But while many may be satisfied with their lukewarm condition, the Lord is far from pleased, and declares that unless you are zealous and repent, he will spue you out of his mouth. But he warns you, he entreats you. He says, “Thou knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eye-salve, that thou mayest see.” The gold that Jesus would have us buy of him is gold tried in the fire; it is the gold of faith and love, that has no defiling substance mingled with it. The white raiment is the righteousness of Christ, the wedding garment which Christ alone can give. The eye-salve is the true spiritual discernment that is so wanting among us, for spiritual things must be spiritually discerned. Review and Herald April 1, 1890 paragraph 9

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Lev 17:11 For the nefesh of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you on the altar to make atonement for your nefesh; for it is the blood by reason of the nefesh that makes atonement.
In my elcetronic Bible, Xiphos, if I do a search for "soul" it includes the rest of the words also translated from nephesh. That includes the word person and several pronouns referring to person. if we use the word person in place of soul in Genesis 2:7 we find it does not do violence to the meaning of the text. It makes it far clearer for no where does the Bible say a soul was added to man. Instead it says Adam became a living soul/person.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Righteousness by faith, as taught by the Bible and Ellen White is hotly debated. Why? Because it includes sanctification. Justification cannot be separated from sanctification. That is very plainly stated in the quote I gave.

"having been justified by faith we have peace with God" Rom 5:1 -- past tense

"we WALK by faith not by sight" 2 Cor 5:7
Gal 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

Rom 2: "13 for it is not the hearers of the Law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the Law who will be justified." Future tense

Phil 3:8 More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them mere rubbish, so that I may gain Christ, 9 and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith,

It is all by faith -- from first to last.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
3. Evangelize

How do you know it's the last days?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

The "life" is in the blood - it represents the life of the person. But when you get a double-exchange blood transfusion you do not turn into a "Different soul". It is still the same person.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Gal 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

Rom 2: "13 for it is not the hearers of the Law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the Law who will be justified." Future tense

Phil 3:8 More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them mere rubbish, so that I may gain Christ, 9 and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith,

A correction.

It is by GRACE through faith...

Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and this is not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
How do you know it's the last days?

Dan 8 says that at the end of the 2300 year timeline - Earth is in the "time of the end"

19 And he said, “Behold, I am going to inform you of what will occur at the final period of the indignation, because it pertains to the appointed time of the end.

=======================

2 Tim 3:1 But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. 2 For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, slanderers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, 4 treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 holding to a form of godliness although they have denied its power; avoid such people as these. 6 For among them are those who slip into households and captivate weak women weighed down with sins, led on by various impulses, 7 always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8 Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so these men also oppose the truth, men of depraved mind, worthless in regard to the faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
A correction.

It is by GRACE through faith...

Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and this is not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Eph 2:8-9 is not written as a "correction" to Romans 5:1 or Rom 2:13-16

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
In my elcetronic Bible, Xiphos, if I do a search for "soul" it includes the rest of the words also translated from nephesh. That includes the word person and several pronouns referring to person. if we use the word person in place of soul in Genesis 2:7 we find it does not do violence to the meaning of the text. It makes it far clearer for no where does the Bible say a soul was added to man. Instead it says Adam became a living soul/person.

The "life" is in the blood - it represents the life of the person. But when you get a double-exchange blood transfusion you do not turn into a "Different soul". It is still the same person.
You're saying that the nefesh is not the soul. This is fine with me but it contradicts your theology.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Eph 2:8-9 is not written as a "correction" to Romans 5:1 or Rom 2:13-16
The text (Ephesians 2-8-9) is the full explanation of our salvation.

You did not read the next verse that Paul wrote in Romans 5.

Romans 5:2
Through whom we also have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we celebrate in hope of the glory of God.

Romans 6:14
For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under the Law but under grace.

We are never under faith, we are always under Grace.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

The problem with your position is that sanctification comes right along with justification. Jesus is a package deal.
1 Corinthians 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

righteousness
01343δικαιοσύνη dikaiosýnē, dik-ah-yos-oo'-nayfrom 1342;equity (of character or act); specially (Christian) justification:--righteousness.
sanctification
00038ἁγιασμός hagiasmós, hag-ee-as-mos'from 37;properly, purification, i.e. (the state) purity; concretely (by Hebraism) a purifier:--holiness, sanctification.

redemption
00629ἀπολύτρωσις apolýtrōsis,ap-ol-oo'-tro-sisfrom a compound of 575and 3083;(the act) ransom in full, i.e. (figuratively) riddance, or (specially) Christian salvation:--deliverance, redemption.

And what about the Sabbath?

Exodus 31:13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you.

1Thessalonians 4:3 For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
4 That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;

Philippians 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Justification does not come without sanctification. The come together or not at all.

Upvote 0