May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Millennium Movie:

For years I have been attempting to understand the picture painted by those promoting the 1,000 year earthly reign of Christ, which they say begins at Christ’s Second Coming.

I wish someone would make a movie version to help us understand the idea, in the same way the “Left Behind” movies have been used to help us with the pretrib rapture doctrine.

I am going to start the script with my understanding of what Premillennialists are telling us will happen.

In my version, the movie starts in year 999 of the 1000 year reign.

The planet is inhabited by us immortals and also mortals who live to a great age, but by this time some of them are dying.

The first scene in the movie begins with the funeral service of a mortal.
We are there in our immortal bodies and therefore are in some ways like supermen and superwomen, compared to the mortals, who are still in their normal bodies. We cannot be harmed and are helping Christ run the world and teach the mortals. Christ is the one who is officiating in this rare funeral service. All of the Apostles are seated on the front row. Christ assures all of those present that this person will be resurrected back to life very soon, right after the rebellion which is soon to come. Some of the family members have wondered where the person’s soul has gone, since Christ is now on earth. At the end of the funeral service one of the family members asks Christ why he does not raise the person back to life like He did with Lazarus, since Lazarus is there at the service. Christ asks them if they have read the Scofield Reference Bible, lately?

Everything on the planet is running smoothly except for some people dying occasionally and everyone asking the question of why Christ is going to release Satan from his prison, since things seem to be running very nicely without him. Since it is year 999, everyone knows what is about to occur. All calendars are circled with the big day that is to come.

Those of us who have been teachers have done everything in our power to prepare the young people for the release of Satan. They have been warned numerous times about how many of them will be deceived by Satan, and will then be destroyed in the Lake of Fire. Because we are like Supermen and Superwomen compared to them, many do not believe us, because we are not like them. Even though Christ is running the whole planet, they do not believe Him either. Occasionally one of these mortals runs their car into one of us, and confirms the fact that we are immortal when the car bounces off of us. It would be much like a scene out of one of the Superman movies.

Finally the big day arrives and we are prepared for the release of Satan, so that he may have another chance to deceive the whole world, just like he did 1,000 years earlier.

Then Christ commands that Satan be released out of the pit.

Because we are immortal and have given up our sin nature, Satan can never harm or deceive us again. Remember that there will be millions of us on the planet. However, we are given orders to never show up where Satan is speaking in order to give him a fair chance to deceive the whole world again. Because we are immortal, we watch and follow his every move, but we have been told that we must not intervene as he tries to deceive the mortals in the same way he deceived Eve, and the same way he deceived the world at Armageddon 1,000 years earlier. Otherwise, he would not have much of a chance.

The mortals must choose between Christ and Satan without our influence.
Otherwise, it would not be fair to Satan.

Somehow, Satan convinces many of the mortals they can take over the world.
Even though they know we are immortal and cannot be harmed or killed, many of these mortals decide to rebel against us and Christ, anyway. Apparently, intelligence has not improved any during the Millennium, even though we have been their teachers.

Fire then comes down from heaven, just like it did at Christ’s Second Coming, (based on 2 Thessalonians chapter 1) and destroys those who rebel at the end of the 1,000 years.

Like Yogi Berra used to say… “It is like Deja Vu all over again.”

Then we have the time of the judgment of the dead, which is also found in Revelation 11:18.

Then sin and death can finally be removed when this old earth is burned up on the Day of the Lord when He comes as a thief, based on 2 Peter 3:10.

At that point Christ finally brings in the eternal New Heavens and the New Earth.

THE END of the Millennium…

................................................................................................................

Others viewing this thread may add material to the script, in any place, until we get enough for our Hollywood movie.

Last edited:

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The Millennium Movie:

For years I have been attempting to understand the picture painted by those promoting the 1,000 year earthly reign of Christ, which they say begins at Christ’s Second Coming.

I wish someone would make a movie version to help us understand the idea, in the same way the “Left Behind” movies have been used to help us with the pretrib rapture doctrine.

I am going to start the script with my understanding of what Premillennialists are telling us will happen.

In my version, the movie starts in year 999 of the 1000 year reign.

The planet is inhabited by us immortals and also mortals who live to a great age, but by this time some of them are dying.

The first scene in the movie begins with the funeral service of a mortal.
We are there in our immortal bodies and therefore are in some ways like supermen and superwomen, compared to the mortals, who are still in their normal bodies. We cannot be harmed and are helping Christ run the world and teach the mortals. Christ is the one who is officiating in this rare funeral service. All of the Apostles are seated on the front row. Christ assures all of those present that this person will be resurrected back to life very soon, right after the rebellion which is soon to come. Some of the family members have wondered where the person’s soul has gone, since Christ is now on earth. At the end of the funeral service one of the family members asks Christ why he does not raise the person back to life like He did with Lazarus, since Lazarus is there at the service. Christ asks them if they have read the Scofield Reference Bible, lately?

Everything on the planet is running smoothly except for some people dying occasionally and everyone asking the question of why Christ is going to release Satan from his prison, since things seem to be running very nicely without him. Since it is year 999, everyone knows what is about to occur. All calendars are circled with the big day that is to come.

Those of us who have been teachers have done everything in our power to prepare the young people for the release of Satan. They have been warned numerous times about how many of them will be deceived by Satan, and will then be destroyed in the Lake of Fire. Because we are like Supermen and Superwomen compared to them, many do not believe us, because we are not like them. Even though Christ is running the whole planet, they do not believe Him either. Occasionally one of these mortals runs their car into one of us, and confirms the fact that we are immortal when the car bounces off of us. It would be much like a scene out of one of the Superman movies.

Finally the big day arrives and we are prepared for the release of Satan, so that he may have another chance to deceive the whole world, just like he did 1,000 years earlier.

Then Christ commands that Satan be released out of the pit.

Because we are immortal and have given up our sin nature, Satan can never harm or deceive us again. Remember that there will be millions of us on the planet. However, we are given orders to never show up where Satan is speaking in order to give him a fair chance to deceive the whole world again. Because we are immortal, we watch and follow his every move, but we have been told that we must not intervene as he tries to deceive the mortals in the same way he deceived Eve, and the same way he deceived the world at Armageddon 1,000 years earlier. Otherwise, he would not have much of a chance.

The mortals must choose between Christ and Satan without our influence.
Otherwise, it would not be fair to Satan.

Somehow, Satan convinces many of the mortals they can take over the world.
Even though they know we are immortal and cannot be harmed or killed, many of these mortals decide to rebel against us and Christ, anyway. Apparently, intelligence has not improved any during the Millennium, even though we have been their teachers.

Fire then comes down from heaven, just like it did at Christ’s Second Coming, (based on 2 Thessalonians chapter 1) and destroys those who rebel at the end of the 1,000 years.

Like Yogi Berra used to say… “It is like Deja Vu all over again.”

Then we have the time of the judgment of the dead, which is also found in Revelation 11:18.

Then sin and death can finally be removed when this old earth is burned up on the Day of the Lord when He comes as a thief, based on 2 Peter 3:10.

At that point Christ finally brings in the eternal New Heavens and the New Earth.

THE END of the Millennium…

................................................................................................................

Others viewing this thread may add material to the script, in any place, until we get enough for our Hollywood movie.

I'm intrigued. I have the same questions.

*subscribing*

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm intrigued. I have the same questions.

*subscribing*

It would seem that many who are promoting the Premill doctrine have not thought these things through to their logical conclusion.

It is my hope that the movie script will at least force them to reconsider what they are proposing.

There are many good, honest, Christians who hold the Premill position.
One of my favorite preachers is among them.

That does not mean they are correct.

The following article contains some of the keys to this puzzle.
However, I do not agree with all of the conclusions of the author.

Gog of Magog - Here a little, there a little - Prophecy

• Informative
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
It would seem that many who are promoting the Premill doctrine have not thought these things through to their logical conclusion.

It is my hope that the movie script will at least force them to reconsider what they are proposing.

It could also just be that people didn't respond for the same reason I didn't. It just came across as an opportunity to mock rather than discuss. You know, all the little sarcastic pokes about super heroes and the like.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Two very well known preachers that i listen to just recently spoke on the millennium. That's what prompted me to do a search here on CF to find discussion threads about it.

Thank you for the link.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
It could also just be that people didn't respond for the same reason I didn't. It just came across as an opportunity to mock rather than discuss. You know, all the little sarcastic pokes about super heroes and the like.

What super heroes?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know, all the little sarcastic pokes about super heroes and the like.

What would you call someone in an immortal, sinless, indestructible body, when compared to those still in their mortal bodies?

There are also parallels between the fictional story of Superman and the true history of Jesus Christ.

Many years ago when I was an advisor to our school's Christian club, I gave a presentation to the students on this comparison.

When the last Superman movie was released there were a number of pastors who also wrote about this comparison.

There are several comparisons on YouTube.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
What super heroes?

Like this...

We are there in our immortal bodies and therefore are in some ways like supermen and superwomen

Because we are like Supermen and Superwomen compared to them, many do not believe us, because we are not like them.

Occasionally one of these mortals runs their car into one of us, and confirms the fact that we are immortal when the car bounces off of us. It would be much like a scene out of one of the Superman movies.

• Haha
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
What would you call someone in an immortal, sinless, indestructible body, when compared to those still in their mortal bodies?

There are also parallels between the fictional story of Superman and the true history of Jesus Christ.

Many years ago when I was an advisor to our school's Christian club, I gave a presentation to the students on this comparison.

When the last Superman movie was released there were a number of pastors who also wrote about this comparison.

There are several comparisons on YouTube.

If memory serves, Superman was modeled after Moses.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If memory serves, Superman was modeled after Moses.

The only thing that could kill Christ, who is the cornerstone, was our sin.
The only thing that could kill Superman is a stone called kryptonite.

Christ could overcome the force of gravity, and so could Superman.

Christ's Father sent Him to earth to save those on this planet from evil, and Superman's father did the same thing, in some ways.

If you disagree with the "super" adjectives, we can change that part at some later point in the movie.

But, back to the script...

Are you saying that the description of the powers held by the immortals and the mortals in the script above is wrong?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Like this...

We are there in our immortal bodies and therefore are in some ways like supermen and superwomen

Because we are like Supermen and Superwomen compared to them, many do not believe us, because we are not like them.

Occasionally one of these mortals runs their car into one of us, and confirms the fact that we are immortal when the car bounces off of us. It would be much like a scene out of one of the Superman movies.

Are you serious?

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
The only thing that could kill Christ, who is the cornerstone, was our sin.
The only thing that could kill Superman is a stone called kryptonite.

Christ could overcome the force of gravity, and so could Superman.

Christ's Father sent Him to earth to save those on this planet from evil, and Superman's father did the same thing, in some ways.

If you disagree with the "super" adjectives, we can change that part at some later point in the movie.

But, back to the script...

Are you saying that the description of the powers held by the immortals and the mortals in the script above is wrong?

I don't know anything about powers. All I know is what Paul describes and what I saw Jesus do. It was sinless, mature, recognizable, had the ability to eat, and appeared within locked rooms.

I'd imagine it would at first be very much like the biblical encounters of when men have met angels.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Those were quotes from the OP. One of the reasons I didn't respond initially.

LOL! I'm sorry. Pardon my confusion. I will attempt to stay in the spirit of the thread.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know anything about powers. All I know is what Paul describes and what I saw Jesus do. It was sinless, mature, recognizable, had the ability to eat, and appeared within locked rooms.

I'd imagine it would at first be very much like the biblical encounters of when men have met angels.

Do angels have what many would consider "super-powers", based on what we find in scripture?

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Do angels have what many would consider "super-powers", based on what we find in scripture?

I was referring to the reactions of our initial interaction as we see people behaved when seeing angels for the first time, since we will be in a different body. If I were able to ask one about that, I'd imagine they would wonder what I was talking about since it would just all be ordinary everyday angel stuff to them. They probably all do the same basic things, no big deal.

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Common sense and logical reasoning are two points I've often used to argue against premil, but the response I usually get is something along the lines of "our ways are not the lord's ways" and "we can't hope to understand the mind of God".

Personally I imagine God to be very logical, but maybe I'm in the minority.

Upvote 0