Pacific north west
✟398,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said only the born again can see the kingdom.
We are begotten, flesh and blood can not see it.
We are also only heirs to the kingdom, big difference.

The devil is still in this current evil world
deceiving the nations and peoples.

• Agree
Reactions: Brian Mcnamee
Upvote 0

Dave L

Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are begotten, flesh and blood can not see it.
We are also only heirs to the kingdom, big difference.

The devil is still in this current evil world
deceiving the nations and peoples.
Why is half of the gospel missing today? All including Paul preached the Kingdom of God. And it suffered violence [persecution] since the days of John the Baptist.

Upvote 0

Butch5

Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,497.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The New Birth happens before we can believe.
No it doesn't. "Born again" is a metaphor that Jesus used with Nicodemus. Nicodemus was a Jew and they were physically the children of God. The believed they were heirs of the promises that God had made to Abraham. That was misunderstanding on their part and Jesus telling Nicodemus that. He told him he had to be born again. In other words, his birth as the physical seed was not sufficient for him to gain access to the Kingdom. Paul makes this argument in Galatians 3. To enter the Kingdom one need to be born of water and the spirit. That takes place in baptism, which takes place after belief.

Upvote 0

His student

Jan 10, 2019
Northwest
✟48,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Millennium is a Pharisee Doctrine.........
I guess I never realized that the Apostle John was a Pharisee and that what is written in the Book of Revelation was only referencing something found in the the Jewish Encyclopedia.

I've been studying theology, including eschatology, for over 60 year now and I guess I can learn something new every day.

Reactions: Semper-Fi
Upvote 0

Dave L

Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess I never realized that the Apostle John was a Pharisee and that what is written in the Book of Revelation was only referencing something found in the the Jewish Encyclopedia.

I've been studying theology, including eschatology, for over 60 year now and I guess I can learn something new every day.
John didn't teach a millennium. You assume he did. But we need to be cautious to listen to Jesus first, and hen interpret Revelation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

His student

Jan 10, 2019
Northwest
✟48,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John didn't teach a millennium. You assume he did. But we need to be cautious to listen to Jesus first, and hen interpret Revelation.
John did teach a millennium and what He taught was given to Him by Jesus and then relayed by him to the church.

Believe it or twist it as you wish. It's your call.

"I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches........ .........I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book."
Revelation 22:16-19

• Prayers
Reactions: Brian Mcnamee
Upvote 0

Dave L

Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John did teach a millennium and what He taught was given to Him by Jesus and then relayed by him to the church.

Believe it or twist it as you wish. It's your call.

"I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches........ .........I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book." Revelation 22:16-19
The 1000 years are not the Kingdom. Satan attacks the Kingdom when the 1000 years end.

Upvote 0

NBB

Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟445,778.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus taught a spiritual kingdom only. The proof? Try to find one passage in the gospels where Jesus says the kingdom is anything but spiritual.

What do you mean? i don't get it, its not the new Jerusalem going to be a physical city of the kingdom of God, on earth?

Upvote 0

Dave L

Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do you mean? i don't get it, its not the new Jerusalem going to be a physical city of the kingdom of God, on earth?
Jesus presently rules from David's Throne in heavenly Jerusalem above. Revelation speaks of it in the New Heavens and earth.

Upvote 0

NBB

Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟445,778.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus presently rules from David's Throne in heavenly Jerusalem above. Revelation speaks of it in the New Heavens and earth.

New Jerusalem if i'm not mistaken is going to to descend from heaven, a physical city, with pearly gates and streets of gold, to earth, right? its something physical from the kingdom of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave L

Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
New Jerusalem if i'm not mistaken is going to to descend from heaven, a physical city, with pearly gates and streets of gold, to earth, right? its something physical from the kingdom of God.
Not physical. It comes into the New Heavens and earth on earth's last day. It is suited to Jesus' glorified body. Flesh and blood cannot inherit it.

Upvote 0

NBB

Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟445,778.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not physical. It comes into the New Heavens and earth on earth's last day. It is suited to Jesus' glorified body. Flesh and blood cannot inherit it.

So you say the city, has not gold streets? that is not going to have the proportions the bible says? etc? This new earth is going to be spiritual? what? earth and cities can't be spiritual...

Upvote 0

Dave L

Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you say the city, has not gold streets? that is not going to have the proportions the bible says? etc? This new earth is going to be spiritual? what? earth and cities can't be spiritual...
John spoke in symbols. Do you expect to see any red dragons in orbit anytime soon?

Upvote 0

NBB

Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟445,778.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
John spoke in symbols. Do you expect to see any red dragons in orbit anytime soon?

You make jokes about dragons because believing that the new Jerusalem will have gold streets etc, that is not actually what most believe?? in a real city, why you mock.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You make jokes about dragons because believing that the new Jerusalem will have gold streets etc, that is not actually what most believe?? in a real city, why you mock.
John wrote in symbols. You miss what the symbol represents by looking for the symbol to appear.

Upvote 0