Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
So for the first time ever, I read the whole book of Revelation today, and I discovered something that I had never been taught about the 1,000 year reign of Christ and His Saints. Clearly in Rev. 20:5 the only ones who will get to be on the earth with Jesus for the Millennial Reign will be the ones who had to withstand the Beast and his Image and were killed because of their faith in our Lord, Jesus. Only after the thousand years ends do the rest of the dead come back to life.

I have never seen this taught in eschatology and I am wondering why I haven't since it's so clear in scripture! I think people need to know that not everyone is going to have the privilege to be on the earth for that period of time. But, I hope I get to though!

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟597,687.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So for the first time ever, I read the whole book of Revelation today, and I discovered something that I had never been taught about the 1,000 year reign of Christ and His Saints. Clearly in Rev. 20:5 the only ones who will get to be on the earth with Jesus for the Millennial Reign will be the ones who had to withstand the Beast and his Image and were killed because of their faith in our Lord, Jesus. Only after the thousand years ends do the rest of the dead come back to life.

I have never seen this taught in eschatology and I am wondering why I haven't since it's so clear in scripture! I think people need to know that not everyone is going to have the privilege to be on the earth for that period of time. But, I hope I get to though!

Hi Everett,

It`s good to hear you are reading God`s word and finding `treasures.` Now we need to place scripture in its context - the whole of scripture. So remember Matt. 25 the `sheep and the `goats` judgment. Well the `sheep` folks are those that looked after the Lord`s brethren, (the Jews) in the trib, by hiding them, clothing them, feeding them, visiting them in prison etc, for the A?C will be persecuting the Jews during the last part of the trib. So that is some from the nations.

Then we know from the prophet Zechariah that one-third of the people of Israel (in the land) will survive. (Zech. 13: 8)

Finally, for the Body of Christ we have been promised that we will be ruling and reigning with Christ on His throne, in the third heaven, bringing judgment upon the fallen angels and the world system in the tribulation. (Rev. 3: 21 & 1 Cor. 6: 2 & 3)

God`s purposes are big and involve many groups of people.

Hope that gives you a bigger picture. Marilyn.

Upvote 0
Feb 9, 2018
Tulsa
✟18,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
they sat ------
Who do you think those people are?
They sat ----and then =====the beheaded, lived people join them. Just as they are not only then being beheaded---they did not wait till this verse to be made alive.

they sat
These ========are already in the previous verses. Who are they? We know that they are not the beheaded ones that already gained eternal life before this verse begins to come to pass.

Who were the armies that left heaven in Rev. 19?
They follow Him out of heaven.

A few verses before this we heard about the wife and she got new clothes.

Oh yes, I see! Yes, the ones who were sitting are conjoined with the beheaded ones! They are not necessarily separate groups, but all come to life to reign! I stand corrected! That then logically points to the rest of the dead being unbelievers who are to come back to life to only to be judged like drjean mentioned!

That does seem to resonate better with me, rather than only the beheaded ruling and reigning. haha.

• Winner
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Per John 5:28-29, both, the "resurrection of life" and the "resurrection of damnation" occur on the same day of Jesus' coming.

Understanding about the "dead" of Rev.20:5 requires understanding that that is about the world to come, not this one, for this present world will have perished, with flesh death along with it. The only type of death remaining after Christ's return is the "second death" mentioned there in Rev.20, which is the casting of one's soul/spirit into the "lake of fire" at the end of the thousand years.

Everyone in Christ's future Millennium, will be in the spiritual body type, even those of the "resurrection of damnation". It's the soul/spirit of the unsaved which will still be in a liable to die state at the "second death". So 'resurrection' is not synonomous with everlasting life, for those are unsaved without Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married

It doesn't actually say those are the only people reigning, but rather those are the only people participating in that resurrection who will reign. These are those who come out of the tribulation as martyrs. They are the only ones mentioned because all the other saints had been resurrected prior to the tribulation. It is the Church as a whole who is given the rod of iron (Rev 2:27 and 12:5) to rule with Christ (Rev 19:15).

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The only way you can make the Premill doctrine work is by ignoring what is found below.

Premillennial Problems:

John saw “souls” at the beginning of Revelation chapter 20.

Where are “souls” found?

The “first resurrection” in John chapter 5 is found in John 5:24.

The second resurrection in John chapter 5 is found in John 5:27-30.

The timing of this event is found in Revelation 11:18.

A mean dog on a long chain can still bite, if you go into his territory.
Paul still conducted his ministry during the time that he was bound in chains.

Most of those who are opposed to the amill doctrine, focus on the binding of Satan, but fail to deal with their own problems in the conflicts produced in making the premill doctrine agree with other passages.

How do you get the following passages to work with the premill doctrine?

Matthew 13:36-43, The separation of the wheat and tares occurs at Christ's Second Coming.

Matthew 25:31-46, The judgment of the living at His Second Coming.

1 Corinthians 15:50, Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God.

2 Timothy 4:1, Christ judges both the living and the dead at His return.

2 Thessalonians 1:7-10, Christ returns in "flaming fire" taking vengeance on those who do not know God.

2 Peter 3:10-13, Peter was looking for the current earth to be burned up on "the day of the Lord", when He "comes as a thief". This passage is also connected to the event in 1 Thessalonians chapters 4:13-18 and 1 Thessalonians 5:1-10, and Revelation 16:15-16.

Revelation 11:15-18, We have the 7th trumpet, which is the last trumpet in the Bible and then "the nations", and "wrath", and "the time of the judgment of the dead", with rewards for some and destruction for others in Revelation 11:18.
This passage agrees with
Matthew 25:31-46, and John 5:27-30

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A mean dog on a long chain can still bite, if you go into his territory.
Paul still conducted his ministry during the time that he was bound in chains.

Most of those who are opposed to the amill doctrine, focus on the binding of Satan, but fail to deal with their own problems in the conflicts produced in making the premill doctrine agree with other passages.

I wonder why some of us are opposed? When Amil keeps coming up with something lame like the dog on a long leash analogy, that this somehow depicts satan's binding, and then expects the rest of us to be naive enough to think that is a good depiction of satan's binding, no wonder some of us oppose Amil doctrine. But this is only one of numerous reasons why.

Upvote 0
Feb 9, 2018
Tulsa
✟18,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Let's look at one more very good link in prophecy.

Luke 14:14=====Revelation 11:18
resurrection of the just=time to reward them

therefore:
resurrection of the just=7th trumpet time

Luke 14:14

“And thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just.”

thou-recompensed=resurrection=7th trumpet

Daniel rests....stands....at the end of the days.
/as shown in Daniel 12

The two witnesses will rest....stand...rise...at the same hour as an earthquake.
We shall all be changed - at the last trump-for the trumpet shall sound.
5th seal=====till all be killed - that are to be killed
of the saints

6th seal -earthquake
the sun black
Matthew 24 shows that immediately after the tribulation=sun shall be darkened.
the stars fall -

5th seal/last trib martyrs come in slain
includes the two witnesses

6th seal - end of trib events
wicked hide from His face
7th seal - silence in heaven\and the set of seven angels returns to do a new job
The past trumpets angels will be told to go and pour out the vials of God's wrath.

6th seal.......7th trumpet
God's wrath is come
7th seal
return of the seven trumpets angels
the wrath of God plagues will be poured out
time to pour out God's wrath and the seven last plagues

Very informative, my friend. I have another thread all about the 7th trumpet! It's called "7th Trumpet Rapture". There I put forth the idea that our rapture could take place at the blast of that trumpet...

7th trumpet=God's wrath and judging the dead and REWARDING all who fear His name. And to destroy all the evil ones on earth... Sounds like a perfect time to be caught up, wouldn't ya say?

rev. 11:18, luke 14:14, Zech. 14:4-13, 1 Thess. 4:13-17

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Very informative, my friend. I have another thread all about the 7th trumpet! It's called "7th Trumpet Rapture". There I put forth the idea that our rapture could take place at the blast of that trumpet...

7th trumpet=God's wrath and judging the dead and REWARDING all who fear His name. And to destroy all the evil ones on earth... Sounds like a perfect time to be caught up, wouldn't ya say?

rev. 11:18, luke 14:14, Zech. 14:4-13, 1 Thess. 4:13-17
No, because God's wrath really will begin at the 6th seal, about 3.5 years before the 7th trumpet will sound.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟83,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder why some of us are opposed? When Amil keeps coming up with something lame like the dog on a long leash analogy, that this somehow depicts satan's binding, and then expects the rest of us to be naive enough to think that is a good depiction of satan's binding, no wonder some of us oppose Amil doctrine. But this is only one of numerous reasons why.
Is That Like People Claiming A Literal Earthly Kingdom With Humans Present Is Seen In Revelation 20:1-6 When We Know Very Well There Isn't. "Smiles"

Angel, Heaven, Devil, Satan, The Souls, The Dead, God, Christ, 100% Spiritual Realm In The Lord's Eternal.

Revelation 20 King James Version (KJV)
20 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is That Like People Claiming A Literal Earthly Kingdom With Humans Present Is Seen In Revelation 20:1-6 When We Know Very Well There Isn't. "Smiles"

Angel, Heaven, Devil, Satan, The Souls, The Dead, God, Christ, 100% Spiritual Realm In The Lord's Eternal.

20 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Assuming Amil is the correct doctrine, why then can't Amils, if they are going to use an analogy to compare satan's binding with, at least come up with an analogy that actually matches with the way satan is described during the binding? It depicts him being in a pit and shut up, as in solitary confinement. That's not even remotely comparable to a dog on a long leash. I don't know what Amil initially came up with that analogy to begin with years back, but if I myself were Amil, no way would I attempt to use that analogy ever.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

At least per Premil, there's not the nonsense of souls without physical bodies, reigning in heaven as priests unto God and Christ a thousand years, to deal with.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Assuming Amil is the correct doctrine, why then can't Amils, if they are going to use an analogy to compare satan's binding with, at least come up with an analogy that actually matches with the way satan is described during the binding? It depicts him being in a pit and shut up, as in solitary confinement. That's not even remotely comparable to a dog on a long leash. I don't know what Amil initially came up with that analogy to begin with years back, but if I myself were Amil, no way would I attempt to use that analogy ever.

How do you get the following passages to work with the premill doctrine?

Matthew 13:36-43, The separation of the wheat and tares occurs at Christ's Second Coming.

Matthew 25:31-46, The judgment of the living at His Second Coming.

1 Corinthians 15:50, Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God.

2 Timothy 4:1, Christ judges both the living and the dead at His return.

2 Thessalonians 1:7-10, Christ returns in "flaming fire" taking vengeance on those who do not know God. When does the fire come in Revelation chapter 20?

2 Peter 3:10-13, Peter was looking for the current earth to be burned up on "the day of the Lord", when He "comes as a thief". This passage is also connected to the event in 1 Thessalonians chapters 4:13-18 and 1 Thessalonians 5:1-10, and Revelation 16:15-16.

Revelation 11:15-18, We have the 7th trumpet, which is the last trumpet in the Bible and then "the nations", and "wrath", and "the time of the judgment of the dead", with rewards for some and destruction for others in Revelation 11:18.
This passage agrees with
Matthew 25:31-46, and John 5:27-30

And while you are at it, explain Christ performing funeral services for dead mortals, after His Second Coming.
Where will their souls go, since Christ will be on earth?

https://www.christianforums.com/bible/john/5:27-30/

• Winner
Reactions: Truth7t7
Upvote 0