Status
Not open for further replies.

nagantmosin

Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
✟15,137.00
Faith
Atheist
Why would anyone but a fool mock serious and thoughtful statements by an obviously learned man in the Scriptures? Why would you write, "you're typing to yourself....ha ha ha..."? Do not make fun of God's children. Remember the children that mocked the prophet's bald head. Please leave this web site. It is not for you.

nagantmosin

Upvote 0

nagantmosin

Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
✟15,137.00
Faith
Atheist
How refreshing to find someone who believes God's Word. My friend, the Bible says that the Millenial Kingdom is an inheritance, which can be lost. We are to strive to attian the out-resurrection of the dead. Paul focused on that one thing in his personal life. The crowns. The robes. A kingdom. The city. A stone with a new name. The water of life. Fruit of the tree of life. Incorruptibility. God face to face. All of these and more are rewards to the firstborn sons that overcome. Sadly, they can all be lost, just as Esau traded his for physical and temporal pleasures.
Disobedient children of God can not only suffer the loss of their inheritance, but they can also be punished by the Lord upon His parousia. Gehenna is real, and is a place where the cleansing and purification of His disobedient children will be accomplished. It is a place of fire that will purify the defiled. Perhaps gehenna is related to the outer darkness that surrounds the millenial kingdom. Also, the unfaithful seem to be able to suffer permanent loss through their disobedience.
To think, as the masses of so-called christians do, that we will somehow be brainwashed from the wickedness that so many believers live in, at His coming, is ludicrous. The maxim that the Lord Jesus uttered was "He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still". Thus Peter's admonition to "be dilligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless". Brother, may we be "counted worthy to escape all these things, and to be placed before the Son of Man".

nagantmosin

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Atkin,

You asked:

Why do you bring in enemies regarding Christ's ascension. He ascended to his throne a long time ago, whether enemies or not.

The story here is one more bit of text that points out the timing of the parousia.

1 Cor 15
25For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26The last enemy to be destroyed is death.

So Yes He rose to the right hand of His Father at the time of the ascension. He apparently had to reign until the last enemy was destroyed.

That was in the time of the writing of Timothy.
2 Tim 1
0but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.

Then 1 Cor 15 tells us:
24Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power.

There is the end.

Which is:

23But each in his own turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him.

This batch of verses does a quite a bit of explaining.

You wrote:
IS SATAN DEAD YET?

I don't think it is dead, but it may be floating in the sulphur lake. Would you care to look into that a bit?

Justme

Upvote 0
tbrooks said:
In a nutshell,
1. The signing of the covenant with antichrist, which may or may not be public, begins the final week, the last seven years of Daniel's prophecy.
2. In the middle of this period, the covenant is publicly broken with the abomination of desolation, and the Great Tribultion begins.
3. Raptures, based on the maturity of the living believers and on the status of dead believers, either as martyrs or overcomers as determined by the Lord, occur at the beginning of the Great Tribulation and at the last trump: "those who are alive and remain." The rapture at the beginning of the Great Tribulation precipitates war in heaven and Satan being cast down out of heaven; the raptures at the end of the Great Tribulation precipate the defeat of antichrist at Armegeddon, and the binding of Satan for a 1000 years.

Other than these facts, I have no sense of the Lord's timing.

1. Where is it mentioned in scripture that a covenant will be "signed"? Is this from "He will 'confirm'"??? Does a confirmed covenant have to be SIGNED by anyone?

** In Revelation, I see the seven year tribulation beginning with the First Beast in Chapter 12. Where, in Revelation, do you see the antichrist and the beginning of the 70 weeks?

Upvote 0

jayswife29

Jun 26, 2003
n.y.
Visit site
✟454.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Confirm does not mean to sign, it means to strengthen, and personally although it doesn't say anything about anyone confirming a covenant in Revelation, I believe that it will happen like that anyway. He will have 42 months to do what he wants, with every tribe tongue and nation. But I'm sure he will have to confirm this covenant long before chapter 12, 42 months isn't time enough to do all that.

Upvote 0

pmh1nic

Sep 13, 2003
New York
Visit site
✟244.00
Faith
Christian
I have no doubt that the reigning in the Millennial Kingdom is a reward for faithful service in this life that can be lost. If the qualifications for leadership in the church given in a number of Paul's epistles require a certain level of christian maturity and faithfulness then obtaining a leadship role in the millenial kingdom would require no less and is clear from scripture.

The major controversy among those that believe in the exclusion of unfaithful believers from participating in the Millennial reign is what exactly happens to them. What is the process of purification that takes place during this period? I know Paul's "saved, yet so as through fire" but what exactly is the nature of this refining process? Does it endure throught the whole Millennial Reign?

In J.D. Faust book "The Rod: Will God Spare It?" he discusses levels of intensity with respect to this purifying process depending on the level require based on the level of unfaithfulness but doesn't give any further explanation.

There may not be crystal clear answers to these questions. The bottom line is believe, be diligent and be faithful. Trust that God wants you to be an overcome and will supply what you need to be one. Paul say:

"Abstain from all appearance of evil."

"And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."

"Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it."

If someone can provide some insight on the questions above I'd appreciate it.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
jayswife29 said:
Confirm does not mean to sign, it means to strengthen, and personally although it doesn't say anything about anyone confirming a covenant in Revelation, I believe that it will happen like that anyway. He will have 42 months to do what he wants, with every tribe tongue and nation. But I'm sure he will have to confirm this covenant long before chapter 12, 42 months isn't time enough to do all that.

If Confirm means to Strengthen and not to establish, then this covenant must have already been established, must already be in place and operating sometime prior to the "strengthening" confirmation of it, yes?

Upvote 0

Hitch

Sep 13, 2003
PeoplesRepubliKofOregon
✟1,546.00
Faith
Protestant
. The signing of the covenant with antichrist, which may or may not be public, begins the final week, the last seven years of Daniel's prophecy.

Where is Dan's prophecy is the neccessary GAP found?
OK So its not there...How a bout an NT source for this GAP?

Nope I ve never seen one.

But I did see this;

Mark 1:15
15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
(KJV)

Hmmmm Dan's 490 years is the only timed out prophecy I know of. I'll lean on Jesus' interpretation here.

Take care

Hitch

how did I turn blue??

Upvote 0

Hitch

Sep 13, 2003
PeoplesRepubliKofOregon
✟1,546.00
Faith
Protestant
If Confirm means to Strengthen and not to establish, then this covenant must have already been established, must already be in place and operating sometime prior to the "strengthening" confirmation of it, yes?

Are you trying to say a covenant was made at some past point and then renewed and confirmed? Like say through the once and for all time Sacrfice of the Lamb of God?
But but but,,, that means no antichrist one world kingdom,,,

Hitch

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.