Andrewofthetribe

Sep 12, 2016
Oxford
✟24,758.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I would love to know peoples opinions on the actual message that Jesus gave to us.

Is it possible that we could sum it up in one sentence? I'm not going to say it can be done I'm only saying it would be nice to hear a summary in a sentence or two of what his message is to you and how you carry this message today.

As I'm the op I will add mine here, please feel free to object to my views, and discuss. One other thing if you could add how you think the message you have could help the world today that would be great.

The message I believe that has reached my heart from Jesus;

Do not preach hatred If you have a message, let it be one of hope. I believe hope is the most important emotion we can have in our souls.
It is when people have hope in there hearts that their spirits will be lifted, and they may find everlasting peace. If the message has even a tiny tiny piece of hatred behind it then it is not from Jesus. This I have learned from the history of my church, and thinking about Jesus.
This message I try to spread through people I meet. I see who need a little hope, just even the smallest amount can boost them, I recently gave a man hope for work after Christmas, and it felt good to see his spirits lift. How much greater will his spirit lift when he realises how much better is the hope from Jesus and everlasting peace.

Andrewofthetribe

Sep 12, 2016
Oxford
✟24,758.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I agree ,it does indeed need defining ..

some would say mentioning you might end up in hell would be deemed as hate by some who twist everything

Well my own definition of hatred is the wish to do others harm. If we wish to harm somebody or we do harm somebody deliberately, then in my mind that is hatred.
I have just had a small example of this in my own life.
I'm a carpentry contractor and another contractor has not paid me £27000 that he owes me. The people around me want me to hate him and punish him for not paying. He has already told me they lost a lot of money on the last contract and they don't have the money to pay me, they have mentioned that they are trying desperately to get on their feet so they can pay me. They have promised payment several times and not delivered.
The advice I have been given is one of hatred, to force this man into paying through the law or other means (I have quite a collection of construction people around me.
The decision how I handle this is up to me, I can go all in guns blazing or I can step back and see how I would feel just before Christmas with so many debts on my back.
I can manage without the money for a while, so I called him And said don't worry until after Christmas enjoy the time with your family and we will sort the money next year when you have had More time to get on your feet.
Lots of people are telling me this guy is taking the you know what out of me.
I don't think so, if he is struggling what's the point of bringing his company to its knees ? I would rather give him a message of hope for his company and lift his spirit, is he not more likely to pay when he can then? I know in April he will have to file his tax return, I will know how much he has and if they can afford to pay. Why not wait and give him a chance to prove he is a man of his word.

Reactions: Soyeong
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well my own definition of hatred is the wish to do others harm. If we wish to harm somebody or we do harm somebody deliberately, then in my mind that is hatred.
I have just had a small example of this in my own life.
I'm a carpentry contractor and another contractor has not paid me £27000 that he owes me. The people around me want me to hate him and punish him for not paying. He has already told me they lost a lot of money on the last contract and they don't have the money to pay me, they have mentioned that they are trying desperately to get on their feet so they can pay me. They have promised payment several times and not delivered.
The advice I have been given is one of hatred, to force this man into paying through the law or other means (I have quite a collection of construction people around me.
The decision how I handle this is up to me, I can go all in guns blazing or I can step back and see how I would feel just before Christmas with so many debts on my back.
I can manage without the money for a while, so I called him And said don't worry until after Christmas enjoy the time with your family and we will sort the money next year when you have had More time to get on your feet.
Lots of people are telling me this guy is taking the you know what out of me.
I don't think so, if he is struggling what's the point of bringing his company to its knees ? I would rather give him a message of hope for his company and lift his spirit, is he not more likely to pay when he can then? I know in April he will have to file his tax return, I will know how much he has and if they can afford to pay. Why not wait and give him a chance to prove he is a man of his word.
firstly - you do well in the lord to be doing it the way you are dealing with it . that is refreshing to see .

but no its not hate to demand payment from one who legitimately owes it to you . but it IS mercy to give more time and it is love to forgive the debt . but be careful forgiving a debt -now that's a weird thing to say isn't it ? -but i say it with this reasoning in this singular case .. if we forgive a man his debt and he then goes to those who owe him and refuses to forgive them..judgment is heaped upon his head . so i believe you do well to be merciful and give him time -and in the end if he does you wrong .. endure that with patience and forgive . i find it the most embarrassing thing in the world when i see so called christians taking people to court. love remembers no wrong and endures .

hate is altogether different for it desires their soul in hell

Upvote 0

Andrewofthetribe

Sep 12, 2016
Oxford
✟24,758.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Were you working for a Trump company?
Don't think they have any connection with trump lol. I still have to pay the guys even when I don't get payed. Funnily enough I've had some news on payment today!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
The whole repent or you will be doomed thing lol

Saying to repent or you will be doomed is a threat, while saying to repent from the kingdom of God is at hand is not. Like it or not, this is the message that Jesus started his ministry with and the theme of everything else he said throughout his ministry.

Upvote 0

Andrewofthetribe

Sep 12, 2016
Oxford
✟24,758.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Saying to repent or you will be doomed is a threat, while saying to repent from the kingdom of God is at hand is not. Like it or not, this is the message that Jesus started his ministry with and the theme of everything else he said throughout his ministry.
Are we all one hundred percent the same here? Does every Christian believe this?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Are we all one hundred percent the same here? Does every Christian believe this?

I think pretty much every Christian agrees that that is the message that Jesus opened up his ministry with (Matthew 3:2, Mark 1:15, Luke 4:43), but sadly not every Christian has a good understanding of what Jesus meant by "repent" or by "the Kingdom of God is at hand".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
"Repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand." Everything else is commentary on that.
I agree with that but to put it my own words. Make yourself ready because the nation of God is certainly coming to rule this world.

• Agree
Reactions: Soyeong
Upvote 0

Andrewofthetribe

Sep 12, 2016
Oxford
✟24,758.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think pretty much every Christian agrees that that is the message that Jesus opened up his ministry with (Matthew 3:2, Mark 1:15, Luke 4:43), but sadly not every Christian has a good understanding of what Jesus meant by "repent" or by "the Kingdom of God is at hand".
I'm guessing these words alone caused a massive stir 2000 years ago. What would have been the reaction of the folk who heard Jesus saying this? Was it allowed for people without robes to preach about God? We're people very afraid of God in those days? .

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would love to know peoples opinions on the actual message that Jesus gave to us.

Is it possible that we could sum it up in one sentence? I'm not going to say it can be done I'm only saying it would be nice to hear a summary in a sentence or two of what his message is to you and how you carry this message today.

As I'm the op I will add mine here, please feel free to object to my views, and discuss. One other thing if you could add how you think the message you have could help the world today that would be great.

The message I believe that has reached my heart from Jesus;

Do not preach hatred If you have a message, let it be one of hope. I believe hope is the most important emotion we can have in our souls.
It is when people have hope in there hearts that their spirits will be lifted, and they may find everlasting peace. If the message has even a tiny tiny piece of hatred behind it then it is not from Jesus. This I have learned from the history of my church, and thinking about Jesus.
This message I try to spread through people I meet. I see who need a little hope, just even the smallest amount can boost them, I recently gave a man hope for work after Christmas, and it felt good to see his spirits lift. How much greater will his spirit lift when he realises how much better is the hope from Jesus and everlasting peace.

Hi AOTT,

I thought you said you wanted us to try and boil it down to one or two sentences. Is your's -- do not preach hatred if you have a message, let it be one of hope?

That's the message that you think Jesus intended to deliver to us? Any chance you could give us some Scriptural evidence to support that as being the main message of Jesus' visitation to us?

God bless you,
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0