• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

The memory lane thread :)

Discussion in 'Fabulous Forties' started by Forge3, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Forge3

Forge3 Forge

+207
    Catholic
    Single
    I am 49 so let us share our treasured memories as kids. Before we had video games we would just play ball hockey, hide and seek and stuff. We never got bored without video games and the technology we have today.

My favorite shows:

The Six Million Dollar Man
    Get Smart :D
    Chico and the Man
    Fantasy Island
    Sandford and Son
    Barney Miller
    Kolshak The Night Stalker
    The Night Gallery (scary stuff for a kid lol).
    The Twilight Zone

And I remember that for only 25 cents I got a big brown bag of penny candies to take home :)

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. MountainBluebird

MountainBluebird Regular Member

+13
    Christian
    Married
    I remember playing kick the can with my siblings and cousins at my grandmother's house, it was a lot of fun. I also remember playing in the tall grass that grew in the ditches along my street. We made whole networks of paths and "houses" in those ditches.
    I didn't watch a lot of TV because we didn't have cable, but I do remember the six million dollar man, the bionic woman, and fantasy island.

3. One day at a time

One day at a time Always in a state of change.....

+7,859
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    We used to play in the wheat fields (which the farmer didn't like!) and just enjoyed our times riding bikes and picnics along the road. Things our kids never understood!

We didn't have a tv for most of my childhood...we only got one around Christmas when my grandparents came to visit.

4. mnphysicist

mnphysicist Have Courage to Trust God!

+631
    United States
    Christian
    Widowed
    US-Democrat
    Whoa, I remember setting a wheat field on fire with homemade fireworks that went up, over, down, and then boom... I dont think I ever ran as fast or jumped as fast to get that fire put out. I'm sure the farmer went ????? when it came to harvest and there was a 3 meter circle of no wheat in the middle of his field. Today, I dont think a 12 yr old can buy black powder, or any of the other nifty chemicals we played with back then.

I seem to remember the Night Gallery as pretty scary too LOL

5. Forge3

Forge3 Forge

+207
    Catholic
    Single

The Night Gallery was scary.

My friend and I went to Florida with my family and got fireworks. We were bad and put some in red ants nests. After they blew up we were covered in angry red ants. :/

6. Forge3

Forge3 Forge

+207
    Catholic
    Single
    Lol this area does not get much traffic. Inb4 cobwebs and crickets.

7. morethanenough06

morethanenough06 Newbie

+19
    Christian
    Private
    Well... I can't say I never got bored!! I'm the youngest, by a gap, so I was alone a lot and often bored! But I do have great memories...

I'm a little younger than you, at 43, so a few different memories...
    Bionic Woman... my favorite, I wanted to be just like her!! I even had bionic shoes!!
    Wonder Woman
    The Brady Bunch
    Charlie's Angels
    so many more....

I remembering hiking in the bushes, snowmobiling, playing hide and seek at night (my fav!!), hanging out with friends. Fun times!!

8. Peripatetic

Peripatetic Restless mind, peaceful soul.

+210
    Christian
    Married
    My favorite TV from the late 70s and early 80s were action/adventure (Magnum PI, The A-Team, Knight Rider, Incredible Hulk, Dukes of Hazard, etc.) and Sci-Fi (Buck Rogers, Battlestar Galactica, V, etc.). I still remember the magic of staying up 'till 10:00 to watch The Incredible Hulk on Friday nights when I was about 8. I thought the opening theme music to Dallas was cool too, but then I went to bed. :)

9. One day at a time

One day at a time Always in a state of change.....

+7,859
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Carol Burnett was a favorite (when we had a tv)....or watching a Disney movie-when it was a treat to watch a movie like that.

10. rainy

rainy In his service forever more~

+1,720
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    Remember Nancy Drew and Hardy boy mysteries, Mr Ed, little house on the praise the Walton's . So many more shows.
    Games like don't kick the donkey, Dunkin Yoyo's, Headache, Parchese, Don't break the ice, and of Operation. Many more of those.
    Movies like Grease, Staying Alive, Star Treck, and so on.

11. Provision

Provision Regular Member

+26
    Christian
    Movies: Police Academy, Crocodile Dunde, Adventures In Babysitting, Ferris Buellers Day Off, Tootsie, Can't Buy Me Love, Raiders of the Lost Ark. Etc, etc.

TV Shows: Happy Days, Cheers, The Cosby Show, Night Court, Family Ties, Silver Spoons, Solid Gold, Three's Company (although its very painful to watch now.) Police Squad (which was the precrurser to the Naked Gun movies,) AL TV, etc. I am sure I am forgetting a lot here.

12. rainy

rainy In his service forever more~

+1,720
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    Here you on that John Ritter was a talented actor. loved three's company
    The love boat, Charlie's Angels

13. country woman

country woman Guest

+0
    I used to play outside most of the time
    I had cats and chickens as pets
    I mowed the lawn and other outside chores
    My dad and I would go fishing too

14. BlueWildflower

BlueWildflower New Member

+0
    Christian
    In Relationship
    I remember playing with my dolls, playing in the woods, running through the sprinkler on a hot day, playing outdoor games like Red Rover, spending the night over my friends' houses, and of course all the tv shows that were mentioned.

15. MountainBluebird

+13
    Christian
    Married
    I remember red rover and Simon says but playing kick the can at my grandma's house after dark with my cousins and siblings was my favourite.

16. country woman

country woman Guest

+0
    riding horses

17. nick garai

nick garai Senior Member

+48
    Messianic
    Single
    Wow I sure miss those good ole years. I used to always watch Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek and V. I also watched Three's Company, Dukes of Hazard and Carol Burnett with my family.

I had tons of LEGO and my Star Wars toys. I also had an Atari 2600 which kept me occupied for hours on end playing Yars Revenge and Defender.

I also played Dungeons and Dragons all the time with friends until the late hours of the night.

I do miss those nostalgic years.

18. MountainBluebird

+13
    Christian
    Married
    I loved Three's company and the Carol Burnett show, and remember watching them with my mom on our black and white TV. We were a little behind the times :)

19. 1hope

1hope Regular Member

+9
    Non-Denom
    "The Dukes of Hazzard!!" I had the biggest crush on Luke Duke.

"Little House on the Prairie". Every episode hoping Laura would punch Nellie out again.

CHIPS

The Mikey commercials

20. Nothinbuttheblood

Nothinbuttheblood Newbie

+0
    Baptist
    Private
    Night Gallery was super scary! I'll never forget the one about the carosel horse that got bigger and bigger and,,,,!