• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

The Mass in the early Church

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, Sep 12, 2019 at 9:05 AM.

1. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+23,239
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    *You are in the Catholic forum*

Dispelling the Rumors

When I was in high school, I had frequent dialogues with my non-Catholic friends about Christianity. They would ask questions and make accusations which, at first, I had a difficult time answering. One common accusation was that "the early Church looked nothing like Catholicism and that things like the Mass were invented centuries after Christ."

What is a Catholic to do when faced with an accusation like this? Fear not! The truth is, the Church did not invent the Mass hundreds of years after Christ but was given the Eucharist by Christ Himself. In fact, the early Church was remarkably similar to what we Catholics believe and practice today. When one looks at the historical record, especially through the witness of the early Church, this fact becomes evident. While there have been changes and development over the centuries, the Mass has stayed constant in its essential substance from the beginning.

Continued below.
    https://www.catholiceasttexas.online/the-mass-in-the-early-church/

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Michie

+23,239
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    What is so funny @lismore?

3. Michie

+23,239
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Just goading I guess!

4. Gracia Singh

Gracia Singh Newbie Supporter

+6,956
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Yep. The ealiest Christians had a liturgy, the Eucharist as the center point of the Liturgy, set prayers, Scripture reading, and holy orders.

Some of the earliest liturgies still in use are the Liturgy of Saint James, and the Liturgy of Saints Mari and Addai.